Quoted from promotion plaice

What was the other shock ?

My Mrs not burning tea
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, November 19, 2019, 7:54pm; Reply: 4
Jolley should have been more patient and applied for this one instead  ;D
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 19, 2019, 7:58pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90
Jolley should have been more patient and applied for this one instead  ;D

He would've ended up as a patient somewhere had he applied!
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, November 19, 2019, 7:59pm; Reply: 6
Getting to the CL final 6 months earlier not enough credit in the bank.

Having 20 defeats last season and starting poorly this season probably the main factors.  Player unrest and funding a new stadium ( with a limited transfer budget) are added factors against him.

Does this sound like any manager we know (bar the new stadium)? Just hope that Poch hasn’t applied for other jobs recently.  
Posted by: Rik e B, November 19, 2019, 7:59pm; Reply: 7
Poch for BP!
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 19, 2019, 8:02pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Rik e B
Poch for BP!

I can just see Mr Fenty showing him round BP trying to persuade him to take the job.

Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, November 19, 2019, 8:09pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

He would've ended up as a patient somewhere had he applied!

Thinking about it in a bit more depth considering he did not like our playing budget how would he get on not being allowed to sign anyone for over a year like Poch had to suffer at Spurs?  ;)
Posted by: supertown, November 19, 2019, 8:28pm; Reply: 10
They will go for Rafa
Posted by: Rik e B, November 19, 2019, 8:35pm; Reply: 11
Did he get busted by Daniel Levy applying for job?

Is he lined up for when the Arab Sheikh takes over?
Posted by: jock dock tower, November 19, 2019, 8:47pm; Reply: 12
I imagine Solksjaer will be looking over his shoulder with increasing regularity.
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 19, 2019, 8:57pm; Reply: 13

He thought he was too good for Tottenham when they reached the CL final, lost respect at Spurs after that.
Posted by: Ipswin, November 19, 2019, 8:59pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from supertown
They will go for Rafa

No way are Spurs going to match the money the Japs are paying

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 19, 2019, 9:21pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from supertown
They will go for Rafa

Reckon mourinho personally
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 19, 2019, 9:48pm; Reply: 16
A leaked tape did for him saying.

" Have you seen my fooking budget ?  "
Posted by: mimma, November 19, 2019, 10:21pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Ipswin

Rafa's in China Ipswin😖
Posted by: pizzzza, November 20, 2019, 6:36am; Reply: 18
Quoted from supertown
They will go for Rafa

Can't see it. I suspect it will be Mourinho.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, November 20, 2019, 6:45am; Reply: 19
That's "The Special One" back in the game again ... it'll take some winning over of the fans over, they adored poch...
Posted by: Abdul19, November 20, 2019, 7:07am; Reply: 20
Almost as if Levy's trying to urine off the entire fanbase
Posted by: golfer, November 20, 2019, 7:54am; Reply: 21
Mourinho will be on about £8000000000000 a year and when he gets sacked in 18months he'll get a pay off of about £2500000000000000.  I hope Jolly's not reading this-in a way I feel sorry for him.
Posted by: ginnywings, November 20, 2019, 7:54am; Reply: 22
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50483023

That was swift.
Posted by: Son of Cod, November 20, 2019, 8:48am; Reply: 23
Quoted from Ipswin

Quoted from Ipswin

Removed

Nice bit of casual racism from the forum's acclaimed author.
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, November 20, 2019, 9:09am; Reply: 24
Pochettino to Arsenal after they sack Emery to complete the merry go-round.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, November 20, 2019, 9:11am; Reply: 25
Nah. Pochettino to Leicester when Rodgers goes to Arsenal
Posted by: buckstown, November 20, 2019, 9:43am; Reply: 26
That's amazing. The most fiscally astute  chairman in football hires the biggest spending manager.
What could possibly go wrong??
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, November 20, 2019, 9:49am; Reply: 27
Quoted from Son of Cod

Nice bit of casual racism from the forum's acclaimed author.

Its ok thats allowed on here apparently....  :(
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, November 20, 2019, 9:50am; Reply: 28
This deal has been done some time ago, the delay looks to have been in negotiating the pay-off and contract details. Hardly a shock is it? Spurs have got 25 points from their last 24 league games. The question is whether Levy will allow the new manager a big enough transfer budget. Now where have we heard that before? The next question is whether they will now sell Kane to raise a transfer budget.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, November 20, 2019, 9:53am; Reply: 29

Its ok thats allowed on here apparently....  :(

So is irony.
Posted by: jimgtfc, November 20, 2019, 9:57am; Reply: 30
Never got all the fuss about Pochettino, despite all the Spurs fans saying he’s had no money he’s Spent over £350m on players during his managerial career and won absolutely nothing. Say what you want about Mourinho, he’s a winner, his record speaks for itself.
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, November 20, 2019, 10:41am; Reply: 31
Quoted from Ipswin

Removed.

Like really? Would you have called Zhang Enhua that to his face when playing for Town? FFS.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 20, 2019, 10:47am; Reply: 32
Well done Swin you got them all biting again. ;)
Posted by: pizzzza, November 20, 2019, 10:49am; Reply: 33
Quoted from Ipswin

Removed

[img]https://i.imgur.com/GpXuDLg.jpg[/img]
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, November 20, 2019, 10:52am; Reply: 34
Quoted from pizzzza

[img]https://i.imgur.com/GpXuDLg.jpg[/img]

He probably would be if only his age did not prevent him from rising so to speak. Its ok though as Pete will be over to assist him no dobut.  ;D
Posted by: Ipswin, November 20, 2019, 10:57am; Reply: 35
Quoted from grimsby pete

Too easy mate

Posted by: Ipswin, November 20, 2019, 10:57am; Reply: 36

Like really? Would you have called Zhang Enuha that to his face when playing for Town? FFS.

Who?

Posted by: pizzzza, November 20, 2019, 11:09am; Reply: 37
Quoted from Ipswin

Too easy mate

Yeah but I'm pretty sure that you bit first after Son of Cod's comment about casual racism  ;D
Posted by: Son of Cod, November 20, 2019, 11:15am; Reply: 38
Quoted from Ipswin

Removed

Supercilious, wow did the sales of your book finally stretch far enough so that you could afford that pocket thesaurus?

Quoted from grimsby pete

If it is indeed to get bites (which I'm sceptical about), throwing around racial slurs is the most debase form of doing so.
Posted by: jaygy, November 20, 2019, 11:17am; Reply: 39
Using mild racism to get a bite out of members on here? You having a boring day back there in the 1980's swin?
Posted by: Ipswin, November 20, 2019, 11:20am; Reply: 40
Quoted from pizzzza

Yeah but I'm pretty sure that you bit first after Son of Cod's comment about casual racism  ;D

Actually I bit because I felt a twit when Mimma pointed out I had my Far Eastern Oriental races confused in the post about Rafa and it was my reply to him that awakened the politically correct Son of God, do I really give a excrement tho and is 'casual' racism (which I've never heard of btw) better or worse than real racism?

Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, November 20, 2019, 11:21am; Reply: 41
Quoted from Son of Cod

Supercilious, wow did the sales of your book finally stretch far enough so that you could finally afford that pocket thesaurus?

He spelled checked me so this might well be the case.  ;D

If it is indeed to get bites (which I'm sceptical about), throwing around racial slurs is the most debase form of doing so.
Posted by: Son of Cod, November 20, 2019, 11:34am; Reply: 42
Quoted from Ipswin

Actually I bit because I felt a twit when Mimma pointed out I had my Far Eastern Oriental races confused in the post about Rafa and it was my reply to him that awakened the politically correct Son of God, do I really give a excrement tho and is 'casual' racism (which I've never heard of btw) better or worse than real racism?

Well, I'd consider real racism to be your people who genuinely believe other races to be inferior to themselves. Casual racism more like people who are either too ignorant to realise terms like "japs" are racial slurs, or don't care enough to not drop them into everyday conversations. Casual racists most likely prefer to call people snowflakes when challenged as opposed to amending their archaic behaviour.

He spelled checked me so this might well be the case.  

Well that confirms it then  ;D
Posted by: Ipswin, November 20, 2019, 11:37am; Reply: 43
Quoted from jaygy
You having a boring day back there in the 1980's swin?

Not at all mate Its, May 1980 here and Town have just stuffed Sheff United 4-0

Posted by: Ipswin, November 20, 2019, 11:42am; Reply: 44
Quoted from Son of Cod

terms like "japs" are racial slurs

So I don't continue to upset the more delicate amongst us, does this also apply to 'Brits' (for British) or 'Scots' (for Scottish)?

Posted by: mimma, November 20, 2019, 11:44am; Reply: 45
Quoted from Son of Cod

Well, I'd consider real racism to be your people who genuinely believe other races to be inferior to themselves. Casual racism more like people who are either too ignorant to realise terms like "japs" are racial slurs, or don't care enough to not drop them into everyday conversations. Casual racists most likely prefer to call people snowflakes when challenged as opposed to amending their archaic behaviour.

Well that confirms it then  ;D

So it's all my fault😎

I put a smiley to indicate it was nothing more than light hearted banter.

Lighten up folks
Posted by: Ipswin, November 20, 2019, 12:18pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from mimma

So it's all my fault😎

I put a smiley to indicate it was nothing more than light hearted banter.

Lighten up folks

Thank you for taking the blame, they are always looking for a culprit on here  ;D
Posted by: mimma, November 20, 2019, 12:21pm; Reply: 47
My pleasure Ipswin.

Being married for over 35 years it come naturally to me!😁
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, November 20, 2019, 12:32pm; Reply: 48
Just getting back to the Argy Argentinian ex-manager of Spurs, he seemed to lose interest about a year ago.

He put a lot of young players in to start with just like Lampard has. Winks being about the last I think. Southgate thought they were all brilliant and stuck some in his team. Then a lot of them like Ali plateaued and Poch seemed reluctant to rebuild with another lot, preferring to blame the budget. Surprising how often it happens. Not many managers will do a Fergie and stay put to build a new side. I fancy Poch just wanted out to go home or back to Spain. It is said he refused to resign, preferring to be sacked and paid off.
Posted by: jock dock tower, November 20, 2019, 1:28pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from Ipswin

So I don't continue to upset the more delicate amongst us, does this also apply to 'Brits' (for British) or 'Scots' (for Scottish)?

Don't start......
Posted by: Son of Cod, November 20, 2019, 1:46pm; Reply: 50
Just getting back to the Argy Argentinian ex-manager of Spurs, he seemed to lose interest about a year ago.

He put a lot of young players in to start with just like Lampard has. Winks being about the last I think. Southgate thought they were all brilliant and stuck some in his team. Then a lot of them like Ali plateaued and Poch seemed reluctant to rebuild with another lot, preferring to blame the budget. Surprising how often it happens. Not many managers will do a Fergie and stay put to build a new side. I fancy Poch just wanted out to go home or back to Spain. It is said he refused to resign, preferring to be sacked and paid off.

Eriksen clearly isn't happy there now as well, which goes to show just how instrumental he was for them when they were good. Wasn't the budget issue more of a new stadium thing than it was Poch's reluctance to re-build? The lack of investment in their squad over recent windows is really showing now. Their team was great around 2016-18, but players that were key then like Ali, Dier, Rose, Davies, Alderweireld, etc. look like shadows of their former selves. Will be interesting to see what they do recruitment wise from now, as you can bet Mourinho hasn't signed a contract on the basis that they're gonna be frugal.
Posted by: Tommy, November 20, 2019, 1:51pm; Reply: 51
Not many managers will do a Fergie and stay put to build a new side.

Is it more a case of Managers not being given chance/time to build a new side though? I would say mostly, although sometimes it is the Manager who just wants out.

I fancy Poch just wanted out to go home or back to Spain. It is said he refused to resign, preferring to be sacked and paid off.

Can't blame him though can you.

Levy: "Poch, could you resign please mate, otherwise we'll have to sack you and pay you millions of pounds?"
Poch: "Errr, is this a trick question?"
Posted by: Ipswin, November 20, 2019, 3:13pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from jock dock tower

Don't start......

Sorry mate but I need to know if you object to being called a 'Scot'. I don't mind being called a 'Brit' so if you're OK with it all I have to do is find a 'Jap' and check with him (or her) :P
Posted by: Ipswin, November 20, 2019, 3:15pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from Tommy

Is it more a case of Managers not being given chance/time to build a new side though? I would say mostly, although sometimes it is the Manager who just wants out.

Can't blame him though can you.

Levy: "Poch, could you resign please mate, otherwise we'll have to sack you and pay you millions of pounds?"
Poch: "Errr, is this a trick question?"

Poch, 'Errrr, what did Michael Jolley do?'

Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, November 20, 2019, 5:27pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from Ipswin

Sorry mate but I need to know if you object to being called a 'Scot'. I don't mind being called a 'Brit' so if you're OK with it all I have to do is find a 'Jap' and check with him (or her) :P

I had a ride on a Jap once, frightened the life out of me.

Posted by: promotion plaice, November 23, 2019, 2:28pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
That's "The Special One" back in the game again ... it'll take some winning over of the fans over, they adored poch...

José get's his first win, just, after Spurs were cruising at 0-3 up.

FT......West Ham 2-3 Spurs

Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 2:06pm