Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: jock dock tower, November 17, 2019, 8:41pm
As one or two folk seemed to appreciate the bit about the Auchinleck vs Cove Rangers Scottish Cup tie last month, here's the run down on our tie vs Arbroath next Saturday.

When the betting started this afternoon some fans got odds of between 11-1 and 16-1 for a Talbot win. These bookies never learn, and betting on all of them was suspended after about 20 minutes, and the best you can get at the moment is about 7-1.

Current form. Talbot suffered their first Super League defeat in 13 months yesterday, having won 27 and drawing 3 of the 30 games played since losing last. They are also unbeaten in every other competition so far this season, and up until yesterday were the only Scottish side still undefeated anywhere in Scotland from the senior, Junior, Highland League and Lowland League. Arbroath have been on a good run themselves, having beaten Inverness Caley Thistle 3-0 last weekend, which was a real eye opener.

Absolutely no injuries for Auchinleck, but we lose one player for being dismissed yesterday. Full team otherwise.

Our last two matches at home in the senior Scottish Cup, vs Ayr United and Cove Rangers, have both resulted in 1-0 victories with Talbot soaking up lots of pressure for the first half and then opening up in the second, before grabbing late winners. Am very tempted by the 33-1 being offered by Betfair at the moment for another 1-0 win, compared to the 13-2 offered for a straight win. Am waiting to see what Paddy Power offer as I have an online account, just for these Talbot Scottish Cup games. Am certainly going to put a fiver on as my daft bet of the day on a 3-0 win offered at 80-1.

Await the inevitable rash of red crosses!
Posted by: RichMariner, November 17, 2019, 10:12pm; Reply: 1
I'd love to see you do it and make a bit of money but Arbroath are my Scottish side and the one team I've been following fairly closely this season. Can't rule out an upset, of course, but they're pretty decent at the moment. Far better than Cove and certainly better than Ayr.

No strong allegiance and I like an underdog in any cup competition, but as much as I'd like to see Talbot pull this off I'm going for a narrow Arbroath win but both teams to score.
Posted by: chaos33, November 17, 2019, 10:25pm; Reply: 2
I think Arbroath will be a fair bit tougher being 5th in the Scottish championship rather than in division 2 but I fancied Cove last time and was wrong so what do I know? I’m not rich from betting. BTTS looks a good shout.
Posted by: jock dock tower, November 18, 2019, 11:28am; Reply: 3
Had kept just £25 in my paddy Power account from my winnings from the Cove game so I could have another punt vs Arbroath. Because of the drop in price I decided to go for straight Talbot wins, and Arbroath not scoring at all - so 1-0, 2-0 and 3-0. The odds for these results, especially the last one at 45-1 (which is how our last two ties against SPFL teams have gone) are as good as I'll probably ever get backing Talbot.

My Bets
Single
Auchinleck Talbot v Arbroath - Correct Score
3-0
125/1
Stake:
£5.00
Potential Returns:
£630.00
Add selection to betslip
Bet ID: O/2340479/0000031
Single