Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, November 17, 2019, 9:23am
Apologies if posted on another thread. News imminent. We shall see
Posted by: Fishy clapper, November 17, 2019, 9:26am; Reply: 1
Stop stirring shite. Doesn’t suit your blue font
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, November 17, 2019, 9:34am; Reply: 2
Oh here we go again.....another rumour, another false dawn...T Schutes has done a better disappearing act than lord Lucan...how long before someone says Ross is back in for the club....or even Michael Jolleys put.a consortium of London bankers together to purchase this barge of a club!!!
Posted by: Hagrid, November 17, 2019, 9:34am; Reply: 3
Oh okay i wont pass on what ive been told then. Cant post anything on here. Bunch of miserable buggers.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, November 17, 2019, 9:39am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Hagrid
Oh okay i wont pass on what ive been told then. Cant post anything on here. Bunch of miserable buggers.

H.... we're not miserable buggers at all, we'd all love this to happen but how many times can we read...
I've been told this, I've heard that, it's come from someone in the know..ect, ect, ect....
Until we have substantiated proof and JSF actually signing a contract of change of ownership, I will remain cautious of any rumour or hearsay....no dig at you, just want my club to be riding high again before they put the lid on my wooden box...
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 17, 2019, 9:42am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Hagrid

Too much hope, too little action. I’m not a naturally miserable person but you don’t need to be Einstein to work out that John Fenty won’t go without getting most of his money back.
Posted by: Teesknees, November 17, 2019, 9:44am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Hagrid

Oh fck sake why don't you just fckin post what you've been fcking told without the fcking dramatics and the fcking childish "I'm not telling you now"  fcking comments!    
You're a fcking moderator, try fcking acting like fcking one!

You can all fck off!
Posted by: GollyGTFC, November 17, 2019, 9:45am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Hagrid

What? That the takeover was agreed and contracts signed off (subject to F&PP test passing EFL) early last week?
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, November 17, 2019, 9:50am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Teesknees

Oh fck sake why don't you just fckin post what you've been fcking told without the fcking dramatics and the fcking childish "I'm not telling you now"  fcking comments!    

You can all fck off!

Handbags Michael.....🤭🤭
Posted by: fishboyUTM, November 17, 2019, 9:50am; Reply: 9
Quoted from GollyGTFC

What? That the takeover was agreed and contracts signed off (subject to F&PP test passing EFL) early last week?

Heard the same last Friday, and heard it wasn't John Fenty / board doing the firing this time. I wanted Jolley out, but I must admit I was surprised by the timing, would explain a lot. But you'd have thought the new owner would have come in, and the first order of business would have been to sack the manager?
Posted by: CodHead, November 17, 2019, 10:21am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Hagrid

Heard this as well
Meant to be an Arab consortium
Jolley got sacked because they wanted someone else
They would like Fowler.
Robbie Fower was seen in Brigg garden centre as well

All add up?
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, November 17, 2019, 10:23am; Reply: 11
Quoted from CodHead

Heard this as well
They would like Fowler.

All add up?

Think you'll find that was Robbie Flower, a new breed of red roses!!
Posted by: Stadium, November 17, 2019, 10:26am; Reply: 12
Quoted from CodHead

Heard this as well
They would like Fowler.

All add up?

Haha brilliant.
Australia to L2,couldn't make it up.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 17, 2019, 10:26am; Reply: 13
Quoted from fishboyUTM

Heard the same last Friday, and heard it wasn't John Fenty / board doing the firing this time. I wanted Jolley out, but I must admit I was surprised by the timing, would explain a lot. But you'd have thought the new owner would have come in, and the first order of business would have been to sack the manager?

Not necessarily. If and a very big if, there's anything in this, then it's quite a cute bit of business to have the existing owner doing the dirty work before you take over.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, November 17, 2019, 10:27am; Reply: 14
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Not necessarily. If and a very big if, there's anything in this, then it's quite a cute bit of business to have the existing owner doing the dirty work before you take over.

Maybe there's something about MJ's past that totally disqualifies him from managing the club under their stewardship?
Posted by: forza ivano, November 17, 2019, 10:27am; Reply: 15
Quoted from fishboyUTM

I posted previously that I didn't believe the connection between the takeover and the sacking as ross\ shutes are not interested in football, but my wife made the interesting observation that given they are all about the community and regeneration image is very important.and therefore they knew about the tape and didn't want to start off with this controversy, they would want a clean slate and no reputational damage
Posted by: mariner91, November 17, 2019, 10:39am; Reply: 16
Quoted from forza ivano

I posted previously that I didn't believe the connection between the takeover and the sacking as ross\ shutes are not interested in football, but my wife made the interesting observation that given they are all about the community and regeneration image is very important.and therefore they knew about the tape and didn't want to start off with this controversy, they would want a clean slate and no reputational damage

Or maybe, whoever is supposedly taking over, just don't think he is a very good manager given that there is little evidence to suggest he is.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, November 17, 2019, 10:40am; Reply: 17
Quoted from forza ivano

We’re losing most weeks playing really badly at the wrong end of tier 4 , if we had been winning and top of the league MJ could have come out as a transgender broccoli and no one would have give a shitt.  Releasing that audio whoever did it proper muggy
Posted by: Davec, November 17, 2019, 10:41am; Reply: 18
The news about the takeover will probably be that the takeover has fallen through and we are back to square one
Posted by: ska face, November 17, 2019, 10:44am; Reply: 19
Wonder if this explains the (welcome ) return of Dave Roberts to the board with a specific focus on fan engagement?

I did think it came slightly out of the blue and we all know the club have absolutely no interest in engaging fans in any meaningful sense.

Probably a case of wishful thinking, mind.
Posted by: forza ivano, November 17, 2019, 10:58am; Reply: 20
Quoted from mariner91

Or maybe, whoever is supposedly taking over, just don't think he is a very good manager given that there is little evidence to suggest he is.

But the point is they don't know anything about football and are not interested in it. I said previously that I think the first thing they'd do is to appoint a chief executive to deal with the football side and they can get in with the important stuff
Posted by: mariner91, November 17, 2019, 11:05am; Reply: 21
Quoted from forza ivano

But the point is they don't know anything about football and are not interested in it. I said previously that I think the first thing they'd do is to appoint a chief executive to deal with the football side and they can get in with the important stuff

You're assuming the takeover would be Shutes/Ross. Nobody has said as much and there were suggestions that there was another interested party.
Posted by: Marinerz93, November 17, 2019, 11:09am; Reply: 22
Quoted from Hagrid

Wow you are so informed if only you could prove how informed you are, otherwise.....

[img]https://i.imgur.com/AJijhUA.gif[/img]
Posted by: gaz57, November 17, 2019, 11:12am; Reply: 23
Quoted from CodHead

Heard this as well
They would like Fowler.

All add up?

Bearing in mind their history with camels it could be the perfect fit with so many of our fans having the hump.
Posted by: golfer, November 17, 2019, 11:12am; Reply: 24
Quoted from Teesknees

You can all fck off!

H-G--D just told me,but don't tell anybody, the real reason that Nigel was down here in the week was that his pal D-n-ld T-u-p-  oh I daren't say any more,i gave my word to H-G--D
Posted by: mariner2000, November 17, 2019, 11:24am; Reply: 25
I don't see where Hagrid actually said it was good news regards the takeover....
Posted by: Cayman_mariner, November 17, 2019, 11:30am; Reply: 26
Quoted from CodHead

Heard this as well
They would like Fowler.

All add up?

Don't believe it for a second, everybody knows that Robbie Fowler prefers Millfields.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 17, 2019, 11:54am; Reply: 27
The reality is this unless you're going to get a load of regeneration money for a move or you're a Town mad lottery winner  why would you invest in GTFC?  

People don't take on what is currently a massive debacle of a football club just "to give something back".  
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, November 17, 2019, 12:10pm; Reply: 28
I’ve just seen Robbie Fowler using the rear entrance at Nicole’s
Posted by: crusty ole pie, November 17, 2019, 12:18pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Was Nicole enjoying it
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 17, 2019, 12:23pm; Reply: 30

It's not called Nicole's anymore, so I've heard.

Posted by: Northbank Mariner, November 17, 2019, 12:25pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from promotion plaice

It's not called Nicole's anymore, so I've heard.

A mate of mine told me it's called the executive lounge now...
Posted by: Henryscat, November 17, 2019, 12:36pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Maybe there's something about MJ's past that totally disqualifies him from managing the club under their stewardship?

Giving youth a chance? ;)
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, November 17, 2019, 12:52pm; Reply: 33
Said on a previous thread that I was told back in September that another interested party were interested in buying the club with £5M mentioned. This information came directly from a current Director so I think there is some substance to what Hagrid has posted, let’s hope so.
Posted by: moosey_club, November 17, 2019, 1:40pm; Reply: 34
(Confused) .....there is a barmaid in my local who i really dont like, i wonder if i rang the brewery and said "if you sack her i will buy the pub "  , would they do it ?
Posted by: crusty ole pie, November 17, 2019, 1:46pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from moosey_club
(Confused) .....there is a barmaid in my local who i really dont like, i wonder if i rang the brewery and said "if you sack her i will buy the pub "  , would they do it ?

Yes if it was a failing pub and the owner was desperate to get out
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, November 17, 2019, 2:10pm; Reply: 36

I thought the injunction meant you were to stay away from Nicole's from now on?!
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 17, 2019, 2:29pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Hagrid

Hagrid you are a mod so please act like one if you have any secrets to tell then tell them.

Otherwise say nothing.

Touched a nerve there been sent a PM from Hagrid  :o
Posted by: Ipswin, November 17, 2019, 2:37pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from forza ivano

I would have thought that the language Jolley was using would make him totally understandable and would fit in well with the East and West Marsh GTFC supporters
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, November 17, 2019, 2:39pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

I thought the injunction meant you were to stay away from Nicole's from now on?!

That was more for medical reasons 🦀🦀🦀
Posted by: SteffiMariner, November 17, 2019, 2:45pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Said on a previous thread that I was told back in September that another interested party were interested in buying the club with £5M mentioned. This information came directly from a current Director so I think there is some substance to what Hagrid has posted, let’s hope so.

It wouldn't cost £5M to buy the club, you only need enough shares to get a controlling interest. If the person buys it direct from JF and pays him all his loans back, it'll only cost about £3M at the most.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 17, 2019, 2:52pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from SteffiMariner

It wouldn't cost £5M to buy the club, you only need enough shares to get a controlling interest. If the person buys it direct from JF and pays him all his loans back, it'll only cost about £3M at the most.

Maybe he or she is planning of giving the new manager  £2 million  for new players  8)
Posted by: toontown, November 17, 2019, 3:49pm; Reply: 42
Don't you have to offer to buy all the shares tho under the stock market rules? Would that take it to 5ish?
Posted by: wembley_double98, November 17, 2019, 3:55pm; Reply: 43
Well, what a load of bollox this thread has been
UTM!
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 17, 2019, 4:00pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from wembley_double98
UTM!

;D ;D ;D

Jolley will be the England manager before the Takeover ever happens.

Posted by: Ipswin, November 17, 2019, 4:13pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from promotion plaice

;D ;D ;D

Jolley will be the England manager before the Takeover ever happens.

Only if England have an international Subbuteo team

Posted by: moosey_club, November 17, 2019, 6:13pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Ipswin

I would have thought that the language Jolley was using would make him totally understandable and would fit in well with the East and West Marsh GTFC supporters

i didnt hear him break into Polish or Lithuanian
Posted by: TAGG, November 17, 2019, 6:33pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from Henryscat

Giving youth a chance? ;)

Made my night  ;D ;D  ;D
Posted by: Mariners_15, November 17, 2019, 7:24pm; Reply: 48
I did get a text from someone on Friday when the news broke saying that a takeover is imminent and Jolleys position was stipulation. No idea where it all came from and don't claim to have inside info but could something be brewing away?
Posted by: Saudimariner, November 17, 2019, 7:32pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from Teesknees

You can all fck off!

It was one of Oscar's.  It sodding was not, it was Shaw!
Posted by: Stadium, November 17, 2019, 7:37pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from wembley_double98
UTM!

Very similar to the original one.

Posted by: pen penfras, November 17, 2019, 7:45pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from Mariners_15
I did get a text from someone on Friday when the news broke saying that a takeover is imminent and Jolleys position was stipulation. No idea where it all came from and don't claim to have inside info but could something be brewing away?

Enough people spouting the same bollox will not make it come true, no matter how much we all want it to be.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 17, 2019, 8:05pm; Reply: 52
No, but enough truth will!
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, November 18, 2019, 1:21pm; Reply: 53
So Hagrid, after part 2 off the Fenty statement, what were you saying about an imminent take over??.....please remind me, oh and JSF at the same time as he appears to be in the dark!!!
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, November 18, 2019, 1:24pm; Reply: 54
I have said it before and I will say it again..........

........untill I win the Euro Millions the wife won't let me take over the club.      ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 18, 2019, 1:37pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
So Hagrid, after part 2 off the Fenty statement, what were you saying about an imminent take over??.....please remind me, oh and JSF at the same time as he appears to be in the dark!!!

Leave him alone Jeff or he will be sending you  pm LIKE HE DID ME    ;D
Posted by: Fishy clapper, November 18, 2019, 1:53pm; Reply: 56
Hagrid sent me a pm and said wait until part 3 is released and completes fenty’s trilogy then all us miserable buggers will see who’s right. Something about mike Ashley’s brother in law and carphone warehouse
Posted by: jimgtfc, November 18, 2019, 1:58pm; Reply: 57
Probably not Hagrid's fault on this one. He’s probably heard it from someone who in turn heard it from someone else who heard it from someone who completely made it up. He’s only sharing it with people with a common interest who he thought might be interested.
Posted by: Hagrid, November 18, 2019, 2:03pm; Reply: 58
you really are a bunch of bellends aren't you. posted what I heard, get over it
Posted by: marinerdazza, November 18, 2019, 2:17pm; Reply: 59
everyone loves a trilogy
Posted by: Civvy at last, November 18, 2019, 2:18pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Hagrid

You know what I think Hagrid. They are a F****g bunch of F*****g negative F*****g arrogant F*****s.  Never anything positive just F******g negativity again.  They need to do their F****g research and grow some F******g balls.  F****g patronising, that's all they F******g are.  You could be on a F*******g site from Braintree or F*****g Boreham F*****g Wood. They are just a F*****g disgrace to messageboards.

Was thinking of applying for the managers job.  Do I qualify ?????
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, November 18, 2019, 2:21pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from Hagrid

Poker...calm down Michael!!!
Posted by: Grimsby2012, November 18, 2019, 5:00pm; Reply: 62
I probably shouldn't be saying this as I could very well get my source in trouble, but I just think it's only fair for everyone to know who is the other party involved is.

As far as I know, he is a Nigerian prince called "woda lodabulock" (Don't hold me to the actual spelling) and he's promised Fenty 5 million, a pack of twiglets, a new turtleneck, premium bonds and in return, he wants Fenty to send him £100 and his shares in the club.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, November 18, 2019, 5:04pm; Reply: 63
Rubbish.  It is well-known that Nigeria is full of scam-artists (allegedly).  Especially in the capital Abuja.  😏😃
Posted by: 1542 (Guest), November 18, 2019, 5:06pm; Reply: 64
No Takeover news whatsoever.....

Nothing to see here, please move on!!
Posted by: Rik e B, November 18, 2019, 5:12pm; Reply: 65
[img]https://i.imgur.com/jj2epDIr.jpg[/img]
Posted by: moosey_club, November 18, 2019, 5:41pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from marinerdazza
everyone loves a trilogy

hmmm....but will the third one actually be a prequel ?  The backstory of how Young John Fenty was guided by a strange withered old sage before finally taking control of an ailing football club and leading it to victory against the dark digital forces of ITV.  
Posted by: golfer, November 18, 2019, 5:56pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from marinerdazza
everyone loves a trilogy

Don't know how true but read it on the bell end journal this afternoon-concerns K-ty Pri-e and her column in the Times-quote " I've had experiences to last a lifetime,big or small,red or black but my ambition is to have a football team-one that I can call my own "  Could this be who Hagrid is referring to.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, November 18, 2019, 6:00pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from golfer

Don't know how true but read it on the bell end journal this afternoon-concerns K-ty Pri-e and her column in the Times-quote " I've had experiences to last a lifetime,big or small,red or black but my ambition is to have a football team-one that I can call my own "  Could this be who Hagrid is referring to.

Don't think when JSF said "name your price" that he quite meant that literally!!....
Posted by: OllieGTFC, November 18, 2019, 6:12pm; Reply: 69
We won’t be having no investment, if them so called interested parties was really Interested then surely there would of been showing the funds load balls if you ask me
Posted by: Rik e B, November 18, 2019, 7:44pm; Reply: 70
Sell the (gold?!) rolls Royce phantom and there's your backup 500k 👍
Posted by: jock dock tower, November 18, 2019, 7:55pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from OllieGTFC
We won’t be having no investment, if them so called interested parties was really Interested then surely there would of been showing the funds load balls if you ask me

Sorry to be a pedantic tw@t, but that's a double negative, so we must be getitng investment soon?

Posted by: Rik e B, November 18, 2019, 8:04pm; Reply: 72
Don't not apologise, congratulations on the such stellar pedantry Sir. The Fishy Police would be proud!
Posted by: Grimsby2012, November 18, 2019, 8:43pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from Rik e B
[img]https://i.imgur.com/jj2epDIr.jpg[/img]

Wow, that's him!!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 18, 2019, 8:58pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Don't think when JSF said "name your price" that he quite meant that literally!!....

😆😆😆

Post of the month!
Posted by: Civvy at last, November 18, 2019, 9:03pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from jock dock tower

Sorry to be a pedantic tw@t, but that's a double negative, so we must be getitng investment soon?

So does that make Jolleys rant super positive then ???  ;D
Posted by: WesternMariner, November 19, 2019, 2:33pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from marinerdazza
everyone loves a trilogy

Back to the Future? “This time we’re going back, all the way back John til before Burton Albion....

Silence of the Lambs “What did Migs, multiple Migs in the next cell say to you John?”. “He said I can smell you’re a c@nt.”

Star Wars “Elbow you don’t know your ar$e from young Fentywalker.”

Or my personal favourite Lord of the Rings. “Stupid non chairman ruins it he does.”
Posted by: Tommy, November 19, 2019, 2:52pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from marinerdazza
everyone loves a trilogy

Are you saying you want Russell Slade back for a third spell in charge?  ;)
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 11:58pm