Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 16, 2019, 8:48pm
Now that the Michael Jolley tirade against the local radio station is in the public domain, will the club be more forthcoming regarding the reasons for his departure?
You cannot question our loyalty...it would be nice if you could give us a little back.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, November 16, 2019, 8:52pm; Reply: 1
It wouldn't surprise me if MJ spent time since then negotiating his hush money and vice versa.

Mutual consent essentially means we won't say anything but in return, we expect you not to.
Posted by: Cod Cheeks, November 17, 2019, 11:17am; Reply: 2
Mutual consent could also mean 'we'll pay you £this much if you keep your mouth shut'
Posted by: rancido, November 17, 2019, 12:46pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Cod Cheeks
Mutual consent could also mean 'we'll pay you £this much if you keep your mouth shut'

Confidentiality agreements are not uncommon and are often included in payouts and termination of employment contracts .
Posted by: Stadium, November 17, 2019, 1:57pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Now that the Michael Jolley tirade against the local radio station is in the public domain, will the club be more forthcoming regarding the reasons for his departure?
You cannot question our loyalty...it would be nice if you could give us a little back.

Grimrob in another thread states:

"Now it's clear that MJ was sacked for non football reasons"

Is this confirmed or yet another rumour?
Posted by: GrimRob, November 17, 2019, 3:24pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Stadium

Grimrob in another thread states:

"Now it's clear that MJ was sacked for non football reasons"

Is this confirmed or yet another rumour?

It's my interpretation. In my opinion (and that's all) the timing of the leak suggests so. I don't know who leaked it, but it relates to events ages ago. Why wasn't it released at the time? Someone has been sat on this for weeks. It's release seems to have seen a marked change in attitude towards the sacking (if it even was a sacking) as well.
Posted by: Ipswin, November 17, 2019, 4:15pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from GrimRob

It's my interpretation. In my opinion (and that's all) the timing of the leak suggests so. I don't know who leaked it, but it relates to events ages ago. Why wasn't it released at the time? Someone has been sat on this for weeks. It's release seems to have seen a marked change in attitude towards the sacking (if it even was a sacking) as well.

I'm now firmly convinced thanks to the release of the recording that he walked voluntarily (and the board thank goodness did not beg him to stay)

Posted by: TownSNAFU5, November 17, 2019, 4:25pm; Reply: 7
The way we have been playing recently, Jolley could hardly be sacked for Football reasons. We
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 17, 2019, 8:48pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Thank you for your response John.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 4:34am