Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 5, 2019, 9:43pm

Never seem to hear anything about him these days, is he still on loan at Portsmouth ?

Posted by: Ipswin, November 5, 2019, 9:47pm; Reply: 1
Occasionally on the bench at Cardiff
Posted by: jamesgtfc, November 5, 2019, 9:55pm; Reply: 2
Last seen having a male masturbation on the bench for Cardiff.
Posted by: MrsMariner, November 5, 2019, 9:55pm; Reply: 3
Won a penalty against Birmingham on Saturday
Posted by: Gaffer58, November 5, 2019, 10:04pm; Reply: 4
At Cardiff, think he's getting game time but quite happy on his £5k plus a week.
Posted by: Abdul19, November 5, 2019, 10:47pm; Reply: 5
1 start and 7 sub appearances in the league this season. 1 goal (on the first day).
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, November 6, 2019, 11:31am; Reply: 6
As per his wiki page since leaving us he has managed the grand total of 13 goals in 67 league appearances (including sub apps) over what is now more or less 3 seasons. Not exactly gone on to bigger and better things. A shame really as he obviously has talent.
Posted by: thefish, November 6, 2019, 12:07pm; Reply: 7
Whatever happened to Louis Robles?
Posted by: Abdul19, November 6, 2019, 12:24pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from thefish

Plays for Bala Town (with Evan Horwood)
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, November 6, 2019, 12:28pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from thefish

Who??....🤔🤔...most woeful player I think I've seen in league football, almost made Serge Makofo look good!!
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, November 6, 2019, 12:59pm; Reply: 10
Been coining it in, in the Championship since leaving us. He took a shot I guess it's worked out monetarily and not playing time wise. He's still got plenty of time, only 26.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, November 6, 2019, 1:29pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Who??....🤔🤔...most woeful player I think I've seen in league football, almost made Serge Makofo look good!!

That's a bit harsh isn't it?  ;)

His football league experience with us shows he came on for us in the 89th minute when we were winning 1-0 at Macclesfield and by the end of the game we'd won 2-0

So in his time with us, he played his part in a "memorable" victory..... I'm sure there must have been other more woeful picks at some stage  
Posted by: lobsterpot, November 6, 2019, 4:08pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

That's a bit harsh isn't it?  ;)

His football league experience with us shows he came on for us in the 89th minute when we were winning 1-0 at Macclesfield and by the end of the game we'd won 2-0

So in his time with us, he played his part in a "memorable" victory..... I'm sure there must have been other more woeful picks at some stage  

I thought you were gonna stick up for Mokofo!

Posted by: Garth, November 6, 2019, 5:28pm; Reply: 13
Tommy Forcast has a career in demonstrating semaphore for the Navy
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 6, 2019, 7:31pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90
As per his wiki page since leaving us he has managed the grand total of 13 goals in 67 league appearances (including sub apps) over what is now more or less 3 seasons. Not exactly gone on to bigger and better things. A shame really as he obviously has talent.

He's making a lot more money than he ever would with any League 2 team. On the bench at a bigger club. So I'd say bigger and better.
Posted by: Maringer, November 6, 2019, 9:36pm; Reply: 15
Bogle is probably playing a division above his real level. One of those strikers who will most likely only be so so at that level but would probably score a hatful in League One.

He'll be earning much better wages on the bench at Cardiff than he would starting in League One so good for him. Young enough that he doesn't need to be worrying about not starting too often. Take the cash while it's on offer.
Posted by: Civvy at last, November 6, 2019, 9:42pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Garth
Tommy Forcast has a career in demonstrating semaphore for the Navy

He actually got the sack.

He kept dropping the flags. !!!  
Posted by: moosey_club, November 6, 2019, 10:05pm; Reply: 17

His agent earnt his money and earnt Omar some as well, hasnt seemed to help his development or fulfill the early potential but thats the gamble. Short career after all so cash in hand is of greater value than potential earnings.

Posted by: RichMariner, November 7, 2019, 10:47am; Reply: 18
There's such a massive financial gap between divisions. I've no doubt that Omar could be a L1 team's main striker, play every week and get 20 goals. But for him to do that, he'd probably have to cut his weekly wage in half.

It pays far more to be a sub in the Championship than to be a first teamer in L1.

It's a shame, really. I'd like to think that, if I were in his position, I'd find a club (on loan or otherwise) who would guarantee me playing time, score goals and get myself back in the shop window for another big move — or, you know, be happy with a reasonable salary but know that when I retire I'll be adored by a club.
Posted by: kamakazebear, November 7, 2019, 10:55am; Reply: 19
Quoted from lobsterpot

I thought you were gonna stick up for Mokofo!

I still get the Serge Makofo song stuck in my head every so often. Great character
Posted by: Abdul19, November 7, 2019, 11:32am; Reply: 20
Quoted from RichMariner

It's a shame, really. I'd like to think that, if I were in his position, I'd find a club on loan or otherwise) who would guarantee me playing time, score goals and get myself back in the shop window for another big move — or, you know, be happy with a reasonable salary but know that when I retire I'll be adored by a club.

He's out of contract in the summer and I wouldn't be surprised if the last few months of his contract is doing just that. Wonder if he could be tempted to move to League 2  ;)
Posted by: Ipswin, November 7, 2019, 11:47am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Abdul19

Wonder if he could be tempted to move to League 2  ;)

I'm sure someone said he was going to play for England
Posted by: Heisenberg, November 7, 2019, 11:48am; Reply: 22
Quoted from Abdul19

He's out of contract in the summer and I wouldn't be surprised if the last few months of his contract is doing just that. Wonder if he could be tempted to move to League 2  ;)

If he ends up at Lincoln or Scunny, I will vomit.
Posted by: Posh Harry, November 7, 2019, 1:26pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Ipswin

Well we all know that wasn’t you swin 😉
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 7, 2019, 5:02pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Ipswin

Yes but I was drunk at the time  ;D
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, November 8, 2019, 9:07am; Reply: 25
Quoted from KingstonMariner

He's making a lot more money than he ever would with any League 2 team. On the bench at a bigger club. So I'd say bigger and better.

Yes when you say it like that cannot argue really, I guess what I was trying to put across was that he has not gone one to fulfil the potential that saw him smash in 19 goals in the first half of 16/7.
Posted by: Ipswin, November 8, 2019, 10:53am; Reply: 26

he has not gone one to fulfil the potential that saw him smash in 19 goals in the first half of 16/7.

in the 4th division

Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, November 8, 2019, 3:15pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Ipswin

in the 4th division

True you could argue that he has shown scoring goals in the 4th division does not mean you will be a success higher up. I still think going to Wigan who were odds on to go down was a strange destination to end up.
Posted by: Rik e B, November 8, 2019, 6:31pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Ipswin

Did they also say Butterfield was crap back in the day?

Anyway, I'm sure the ole 'would he come back' discussion will resurface post-season.

Maybe Shutes could pick him up on his magical carpet on the way into town?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 8, 2019, 10:12pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Rik e B

Did they also say Butterfield was crap back in the day?

Anyway, I'm sure the ole 'would he come back' discussion will resurface post-season.

Maybe Shutes could pick him up on his magical carpet on the way into town?

Points to Tom - he Shutes
Points to Omar - he scores
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, November 10, 2019, 12:12pm; Reply: 30
He's starting for Cardiff today, watching it to see how well he performs
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 1:17pm