Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Biccys, November 4, 2019, 12:37pm
[url]https://twitter.com/biccysthefishy/status/1191314501817245696?s=19[/url]

Poppy Appeal pins for this year are now available!
Posted by: Heisenberg, November 4, 2019, 12:50pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Biccys
[url]https://twitter.com/biccysthefishy/status/1191314501817245696?s=19[/url]

Poppy Appeal pins for this year are now available!

Cool, I’ll get a few of those, look pretty good.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, November 4, 2019, 1:24pm; Reply: 2
Got mine, a few weeks ago.
Club ordered 3000 as last year stock of 1500 sold out.
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 4, 2019, 1:30pm; Reply: 3
Already bought 2.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, November 4, 2019, 2:08pm; Reply: 4
Got mine :) lest we forget ♥️
Posted by: Heisenberg, November 9, 2019, 12:06pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from The Yard Dog
Got mine, a few weeks ago.
Club ordered 3000 as last year stock of 1500 sold out.

All sold out.

The club actually told me they ordered 500 last year, and 1500 this year - they still all went!

Well done, Mariners. £4500 to the legion.

They should indeed order 3000 next year! Loads of people, mainly non-football fans, strangely, have asked me to get them one next time I’m at the club shop, but they’re out of luck.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, November 9, 2019, 5:37pm; Reply: 6
Got mine yesterday, had a few left then
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, November 11, 2019, 4:10pm; Reply: 7
I got mine and wore it with pride

Got me thinking too, that at the time WW1 had finished, the club had been on the go for just 40 years

When you consider how many of us here have supported the club for 40 years and more, it puts it in to context  ( like the 79-80 season for example..... seems like only yesterday in some ways )

I wonder what things were like pre and post match a cenrtury ago.... still the same old arguments I guess except for it just being spoken opinions on all matters Town that were all about the moment rather than the remote written views we have now that can go on and on and on.....
Posted by: Croxton, November 11, 2019, 4:42pm; Reply: 8
Wifey bought two for myself and bro ( ex RAF) 2 weeks ago. Will never forget walking Somme battlefield picking up shells,  bullets , barbed wire and regimental spoons. Two granddads survived. One became stationmaster at Brocklesby, another cobbler and barber at Kirmington. Never forget.
Posted by: psgmariner, November 11, 2019, 5:54pm; Reply: 9
Got mine. Thought it was fantastic. Well done all.
Posted by: moosey_club, November 11, 2019, 7:37pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
I got mine and wore it with pride

Got me thinking too, that at the time WW1 had finished, the club had been on the go for just 40 years

When you consider how many of us here have supported the club for 40 years and more, it puts it in to context  ( like the 79-80 season for example..... seems like only yesterday in some ways )

I wonder what things were like pre and post match a cenrtury ago.... still the same old arguments I guess except for it just being spoken opinions on all matters Town that were all about the moment rather than the remote written views we have now that can go on and on and on

Dont be daft, in the good old days nobody had anything to moan about, we beat everyone, every week,  in style, in first class surroundings, and we all looked forward to inhaling someone elses Woodbines while they generously warmed the back of our leg by p1ss1ng up it.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 7:33am