Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, November 4, 2019, 12:19pm
Quoted Text
The FA live broadcast fee is £75,000 per club. Winning clubs will receive £36,000 from The FA prize fund and a place in the second round.

The first round live TV ties brought to you by LG – official partner of the Emirates FA Cup:

Friday 8 November 2019

Dulwich Hamlet v Carlisle United (7.55pm)
Live on BBC Two

Sunday 10 November 2019

Dover Athletic v Southend United (Midday)
BT Sport 1

Hayes & Yeading v Oxford United (2.15pm)
BT Sport 1

Monday 11 November 2019

Harrogate Town v Portsmouth (7.45pm)
BT Sport 1

The following matches will be available either as extended highlights or single camera footage via the BBC, unless stated otherwise:

Saturday 9 November 2019

Maidenhead United v Rotherham United (3pm GMT) – BBC extended highlights

The FA fee for extended highlights on a Saturday is £6,750 per club.

Sunday 10 November 2019

Leyton Orient v Maldon & Tiptree (12.45pm) – Overseas broadcast
Chippenham Town v Northampton Town (12.45pm) – BBC extended highlights
Barnet v Fleetwood Town (12.45pm) – BBC extended highlights
York City v Altrincham (12.45pm)
Wrexham v Rochdale (12.45pm)
Bristol Rovers v Bromley (12.45pm)
Gateshead v Oldham Athletic (12.45pm)
Macclesfield Town v Kingstonian (12.45pm)

The FA fee for extended highlights, overseas broadcast or live single camera footage on a Sunday is £12,500 per club.

More than I thought, Dulwich, Harrogate, Dover and Hayes & Yeading must be pleased. (As Carlisle, Oxford, Portsmouth and Southend will also be) Over £100,000 to the winners.
Posted by: RichMariner, November 4, 2019, 1:21pm; Reply: 1
I'm not going to be so flippant as to suggest a club doesn't 'need' the money but as I understand it Harrogate are well backed financially.

And given the BBC's obsession with Salford in past seasons, it often is the richest of non-league clubs that seem to benefit most when it comes to TV money.
Posted by: mimma, November 4, 2019, 1:32pm; Reply: 2
I suppose that it comes to how much interest in each tie and what viewing figures they can get.
Posted by: Son of Cod, November 4, 2019, 1:32pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from RichMariner
I'm not going to be so flippant as to suggest a club doesn't 'need' the money but as I understand it Harrogate are well backed financially.

And given the BBC's obsession with Salford in past seasons, it often is the richest of non-league clubs that seem to benefit most when it comes to TV money.

Harrogate v Portsmouth is probably the best tie of the round, to be fair.
Posted by: Abdul19, November 4, 2019, 1:34pm; Reply: 4
Harrogate's the tie of the round though, it'd be a shame if it wasn't on tv (although Monday night is a nonsense).
Posted by: Gaffer58, November 4, 2019, 3:54pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Abdul19
Harrogate's the tie of the round though, it'd be a shame if it wasn't on tv (although Monday night is a nonsense).

The FA were at Portsmouth's last home game and took a survey of when the fans would prefer to play the game over the weekend/ Monday evening as they realised it was quite a journey. The overall choice was a Saturday/ Sunday afternoon game, so the FA listened to the fans and after discussions with TV decided to make it a Monday night game.
Posted by: 137 (Guest), November 5, 2019, 2:48am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Gaffer58
The FA were at Portsmouth's last home game and took a survey of when the fans would prefer to play the game over the weekend/ Monday evening as they realised it was quite a journey. The overall choice was a Saturday/ Sunday afternoon game, so the FA listened to the fans and after discussions with TV decided to make it a Monday night game.

It's sad that this is not even slightly surprising. Football is now run as a business so money outranks fans on every decision.
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 4:04pm