Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 2, 2019, 12:23pm
Feel for the fans who have travelled down.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2019/november/argyle-v-grimsby---game-off/
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 2, 2019, 12:27pm; Reply: 1
Just spoke to a mate of mine who was going down and they're currently stuck in a jam on the M5 and would have struggled to make kick-off if it hadn't cleared up soon so they were quite happy in a way the game's off!
Posted by: golfer, November 2, 2019, 12:33pm; Reply: 2
Are we still allowed to say Cardwell is shite ?
Posted by: sydney, November 2, 2019, 12:40pm; Reply: 3
So that will mean no league game for nearly a month after many weeks of Sat Tues Sat (crazy)
At least it will give jolly and limbrick time to sort out and work on better performances and better tactics
We can’t move down a place today but could be only 6 points off bottom if Shrimpers win today
Come on Town
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 2, 2019, 12:40pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from golfer
Are we still allowed to say Cardwell is shite ?

Snowflake Ltd won't allow it   ;)

Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 2, 2019, 1:16pm; Reply: 5
Feel sorry for those that travelled TBH
Posted by: The Yard Dog, November 2, 2019, 1:45pm; Reply: 6
"Saturday's League Two game between Plymouth Argyle and Grimsby Town has been postponed because of "significant damage" to the roof of Home Park caused by "severe winds" overnight.

The match was called off less than three hours prior to kick-off, with Grimsby fans facing a 680-mile round trip to get to the game in Devon.

Plymouth said they were left with "no option" but to postpone the contest.

No details have yet been released regarding the rearranged fixture.

"The continuing weather conditions, with winds gusting to gale-force at times, has made it impossible to safely access the roof to make repairs," said a Plymouth Argyle statement.

"With supporters' safety of paramount concern, and following consultation with the police and safety experts, we have been advised that we are not allowed to open the stadium."

Surely Plymouth should have put out announcement that they was a good chance that the game would be postponed before they did.
Looking at the weather warning being put out by the Met office, for HIGH winds and heavy rain for the Plymouth area, no chance of fixing a damage roof  and the game going ahead, especially these days with the health and safely brigade.
Posted by: Ipswin, November 2, 2019, 2:19pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from The Yard Dog
"Saturday's League Two game between Plymouth Argyle and Grimsby Town has been postponed because of "significant damage" to the roof of Home Park caused by "severe winds" overnight.

The match was called off less than three hours prior to kick-off, with Grimsby fans facing a 680-mile round trip to get to the game in Devon.

Plymouth said they were left with "no option" but to postpone the contest.

No details have yet been released regarding the rearranged fixture.

"The continuing weather conditions, with winds gusting to gale-force at times, has made it impossible to safely access the roof to make repairs," said a Plymouth Argyle statement.

"With supporters' safety of paramount concern, and following consultation with the police and safety experts, we have been advised that we are not allowed to open the stadium."

Surely Plymouth should have put out announcement that they was a good chance that the game would be postponed before they did.
Looking at the weather warning being put out by the Met office, for HIGH winds and heavy rain for the Plymouth area, no chance of fixing a damage roof  and the game going ahead, especially these days with the health and safely brigade.

Load of wimps JSF would have fixed it no probs
Posted by: golfer, November 2, 2019, 2:31pm; Reply: 8
Any chance anyone who got all the way to Plymouth bringing me a carton of clotted cream back with them ?
Posted by: conscorner, November 2, 2019, 2:52pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from golfer
Any chance anyone who got all the way to Plymouth bringing me a carton of clotted cream back with them ?

No problem - £63.00 OK? - just to cover my transport costs etc
Posted by: Stadium, November 2, 2019, 2:52pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from golfer

Clot sums it up nicely ......
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, November 2, 2019, 3:08pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Les Brechin

In the past I've travelled down to Millwall and Bristol City to get there to find the game called off just before kick off

Plymouth though..... that's one hell of a journey to make to just be told it's off and you can turn around

Pity there's not some kind of insurance / compensation for fans in these circumstances but guess they'll just have to take a hit
Posted by: Maringer, November 2, 2019, 3:15pm; Reply: 12
A horrible long journey even when you've got a week's holiday to look forward to at the end of it so my sympathies to those who have travelled in vain.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, November 2, 2019, 3:29pm; Reply: 13
It is undoubtedly a bitter shame that the game's been called off....

Maybe the ground staff were concerned not just about the bad weather causing damage but because on our last visit when we beat them all hands down, they know our fans have it in them to raise the roof  :)
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 9:38pm