Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 26, 2019, 12:41pm

Just trying to make this Saturday more interesting seeing as our game has been postponed.
Posted by: buckstown, October 26, 2019, 12:59pm; Reply: 1
England 19 New Zealand 7
Awesome performance
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 26, 2019, 1:00pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from buckstown
England 19 New Zealand 7
Awesome performance

Get in, after that performance bring on Wales or South Africa.

Posted by: LH, October 26, 2019, 1:13pm; Reply: 3
Long kicks to no-one, sideways or backwards passing, terrible player haircuts. I didn’t need to see Town today after all.
Posted by: golfer, October 26, 2019, 2:05pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from buckstown
England 19 New Zealand 7
Awesome performance

The goalkeepers must have been pss poor-should have had Macca playing
Posted by: Abdul19, October 26, 2019, 2:34pm; Reply: 5
San Marino didn't qualify
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 26, 2019, 4:59pm; Reply: 6

After today's results we drop to 18th in the table.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 26, 2019, 5:08pm; Reply: 7
So in the past week

Town 0 Leyton 4
Plymouth 4 Leyton 0

then today

Exeter 4 Plymouth 0

Town ran rings around Exeter so what's on the cards next week?

No reason we should fear Plymouth but they'll be smarting after losing the Devon derby

Funny old game..... I'd be happy with the same scoreline as when we went there the other season when we were the underdogs and came away with a cracking win
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, October 26, 2019, 6:22pm; Reply: 8
2 top of the table clashes in NL:

Bromley 5 Halifax 0

Chester 0 York 1 (York still unbeaten in the league and FAC).
Posted by: bobbyturtle, October 26, 2019, 6:24pm; Reply: 9
huddersfield won again
Posted by: golfer, October 26, 2019, 7:26pm; Reply: 10
Town on a defeatless run
Posted by: forza ivano, October 26, 2019, 8:11pm; Reply: 11
Aylesbury United ,unbeaten in the league, conceded only 1 goal so far, crash out of the f.a . trophy with an absolute dogshiite   performance.2 bottles of Portuguese red will be getting a seeing to shortly. Really hate football sometimes!
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, October 26, 2019, 8:59pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from promotion plaice

After today's results we drop to 18th in the table.

Depressingly familiar is that position. All the early optimism gone, no settled team and in a bad run of form. Terrific.

What the hell have we done to deserve this?
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, October 26, 2019, 9:50pm; Reply: 13

Depressingly familiar is that position. All the early optimism gone, no settled team and in a bad run of form. Terrific.

We are we are Lew, budget normally dictates your league position and it's starting to show now...think we caught teams cold early in the season, now they've sussed us out and we need Jolley to show a good plan B....one where we are effective going forward and not relying on Macca to pump it aimlessly forward all the time..
Posted by: denni266, October 26, 2019, 10:04pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

We are we are Lew, budget normally dictates your league position and it's starting to show now...think we caught teams cold early in the season, now they've sussed us out and we need Jolley to show a good plan B....one where are effective going forward and not replying in Macca to pump in aimlessly forward all the time..

we seemed to have the right formula at Exeter.. and it got changed the next week. But i am not allowed to say anything. because i wallow in doom,, oh , and i cant spell. and that seems more important than putting the team right  :-/
Posted by: chaos33, October 26, 2019, 11:05pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from forza ivano
Aylesbury United ,unbeaten in the league, conceded only 1 goal so far, crash out of the f.a . trophy with an absolute dogshiite   performance.2 bottles of Portuguese red will be getting a seeing to shortly. Really hate football sometimes!

I shouldn’t imagine that any amount of Portuguese wine is going to make things better.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, October 26, 2019, 11:08pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from denni266

we seemed to have the right formula at Exeter.. and it got changed the next week. But i am not allowed to say anything. because i wallow in doom,, oh , and i cant spell. and that seems more important than putting the team right  :-/

Denni, it's not about wallowing in gloom, I sometimes think pointing out the obvious is not acceptable to some...
I have been critical of Jolley and his constant tinkering trying to show how his qualifications are somehow better than seasoned managers, yet to me, he's been out foxed by the wiley old characters in this game...
Posted by: Abdul19, October 26, 2019, 11:36pm; Reply: 17

he's been out foxed by the wiley old characters in this game...

The last 3 defeats have come against managers who, added together, have managed less league games than Jolley.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 26, 2019, 11:41pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from buckstown
England 19 New Zealand 7
Awesome performance

I’m claiming credit for that. Last Friday I bought a bottle of Aussie red for the first time in years. So I bought a Kiwi red last night.

I’m sincerely hoping the Saffas win in the morning. Asda don’t do Welsh wine. 😁
Posted by: forza ivano, October 26, 2019, 11:43pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Abdul19

The last 3 defeats have come against managers who, added together, have managed less league games than Jolley.

Sorry Northbank, what were you saying 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)?
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, October 26, 2019, 11:55pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from forza ivano

Sorry Northbank, what were you saying 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)?

How old and how long in the game??...
Posted by: Rik e B, October 27, 2019, 1:17am; Reply: 21
Quoted from chaos33

I shouldn’t imagine that any amount of Portuguese wine is going to make things better.

It plied Fenty plus 1 to vote yay for FA Trophy abomination...
Posted by: golfer, October 27, 2019, 7:16am; Reply: 22

Before Town's game was postponed we said they were shite-after Town's game was postponed we said they were shite. We are supposed to be fans so why do we say this----because at the moment they are SHITE
Posted by: Abdul19, October 27, 2019, 7:31am; Reply: 23

How old and how long in the game??...

36, 37, 37 and dunno
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), October 27, 2019, 9:51am; Reply: 24
Bit of a false position, there are 5 teams above us with one more point.

I’m glad of the postponement. I think the break puts more distance between the team and the 3 losses, and should put Wright and Robson back in the frame for Plymouth.

There’s a good team in there and they’ve played some of the best football I’ve seen in the last few years. They don’t become hopeless overnight.

I think one or two are just too keen to engineer a crisis because that’s their only setting.

It’ll be right. UTM.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, October 27, 2019, 10:20am; Reply: 25
Quoted from 140381
Bit of a false position, there are 5 teams above us with one more point.

I’m glad of the postponement. I think the break puts more distance between the team and the 3 losses, and should put Wright and Robson back in the frame for Plymouth.

There’s a good team in there and they’ve played some of the best football I’ve seen in the last few years. They don’t become hopeless overnight.

I think one or two are just too keen to engineer a crisis because that’s their only setting.

It’ll be right. UTM.

You might be right,might not, but we have been saying similar things for the last (nearly) two decades.
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), October 27, 2019, 10:40am; Reply: 26
Yep and people were grumbling about Buckley Mark 1 and 2.
Posted by: rancido, October 27, 2019, 12:00pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from 140381
Yep and people were grumbling about Buckley Mark 1 and 2.

I especially remember AB Mark I's first season. He came from a non-league club and signed several non-league and fading professional players that summer. The G.E.T featured several letters from fans who were saying that the club was preparing for non-league football.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, October 27, 2019, 12:47pm; Reply: 28
Rancido, the letters sent to the GET were right in their forecasts about dropping into NL.  They were just years ahead of their time.....................😟☹️😢
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 27, 2019, 1:10pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Rancido, the letters sent to the GET were right in their forecasts about dropping into NL.  They were just years ahead of their time.....................😟☹️😢

It was Buckley who signed Neil Woods ..... so the manager who brought the manager in who took us in to non-league.

Now that really is long term planning  ;D
Print page generated: May 1, 2024, 1:38pm