Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: mariner91, October 19, 2019, 2:12pm
"https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1185541194551570432?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 19, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js"
Posted by: mariner91, October 19, 2019, 2:13pm; Reply: 1
Looks like Hewitt in the midfield again which has been pretty awful every time he's played there before.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 19, 2019, 2:36pm; Reply: 2
Hewitt in midfield which hasn't worked once each time he's tried it., he loves a square peg in a round hole on a saturday afternoon does our Michael.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, October 19, 2019, 2:39pm; Reply: 3
Lets hope Vernam scores or sets one up with one of his 3 touches of the ball he gets.
Posted by: chaos33, October 19, 2019, 2:45pm; Reply: 4
I don’t want to seem negative but that selection looks a state, and nowhere near our strongest. Hess, Hewitt and Clifton in the centre looks really imbalanced.
Posted by: smokey111, October 19, 2019, 2:47pm; Reply: 5
In essence that is three holding midfielders. Seems negative at home. However, I assume MJ knows what he is doing. 🙏Hope Vernam and Rose take their opportunity to nail down a place.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, October 19, 2019, 2:55pm; Reply: 6
Good to see Vernham get a start, hope he shows some of the promise today but Hewitt in midfield?...really??...Jolley needs to give his head a wobble with that selection...
Posted by: immariner, October 19, 2019, 2:57pm; Reply: 7
Pollock and Davis on bench seems a waste of a sub.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, October 19, 2019, 2:59pm; Reply: 8
I seem to have missed what’s happened to Ehtan Robson??
Posted by: Maringer, October 19, 2019, 3:01pm; Reply: 9
Let's hope Hewitt puts in the sort of performance which saw the County fans say he was a good central midfielder!

Robson sick or injured, I presume.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 19, 2019, 3:14pm; Reply: 10
Once again half asleep
Posted by: Abdul19, October 19, 2019, 3:14pm; Reply: 11
Fucking arsebiscuits
Posted by: Mayaman, October 19, 2019, 3:14pm; Reply: 12
Five changes? Find the best team and stick with them.  Vernam?  Hewit in midfield?   Can't we just train and not lump it to Hansen, who has it happen, has been useless recently. They've just scored. Schoolboy defending. FFS. Stop lumping it Town ans start playing on the deck
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 19, 2019, 3:17pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Mayaman
Five changes? Find the best team and stick with them.  Vernam?  Hewit in midfield?   Can't we just train and not lump it to Hansen, who has it happen, has been useless recently. They've just scored. Schoolboy defending. FFS. Stop lumping it Town ans start playing on the deck

Does he ever pick the same back 4 two games in a row?
Posted by: cannylad68, October 19, 2019, 3:20pm; Reply: 14
Does he ever pick the same team?
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 19, 2019, 3:22pm; Reply: 15

I can only see them scoring a second at the moment, come on town and prove me wrong.

UTM
Posted by: Tradjazz, October 19, 2019, 3:23pm; Reply: 16
Absolute Rubbish. Time for a change
Posted by: Hagrid, October 19, 2019, 3:24pm; Reply: 17
Defending is awful
Posted by: Abdul19, October 19, 2019, 3:24pm; Reply: 18
Rubbish by Hendrie there
Posted by: Stadium, October 19, 2019, 3:24pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from promotion plaice

I can only see them scoring a second at the moment, come on town and prove me wrong.

UTM

Jinxed that.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, October 19, 2019, 3:25pm; Reply: 20

UTM

Nope you are not wrong😞
Posted by: Mayaman, October 19, 2019, 3:25pm; Reply: 21
I think I might go to sleep.  What garbage!!.  
Posted by: chaos33, October 19, 2019, 3:27pm; Reply: 22
Absolute sh1te
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 19, 2019, 3:30pm; Reply: 23
We’re 2nd to everything, he has to change the midfield as soon as we lose the ball Hewitt completely disappears - square pegs, again!!
Posted by: Mayaman, October 19, 2019, 3:34pm; Reply: 24
Hess gets it in the middle of the park with enough time to take it down and look up.  Instead he hoofs it up front to  that great town centre forward named "nobody". Never gonna score like that. We look as if we have never played together.
Posted by: chaos33, October 19, 2019, 3:35pm; Reply: 25
At home to a nothing team! Endless tinkering with the back four and three f@cking holding midfielders?!?!absolute b0ll0cks.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 19, 2019, 3:37pm; Reply: 26
Said it before will say it again jolley changing things too much all the time will be his downfall.

Loves too much hoofball which when we do it we can't even do that, we always play our best with fast wingers and keeping it on the deck as previous matches shown

Michael jolley is probably the most frustrating manager we have ever had because its clear to see he has qualities but he lacks alot to be successful.

His boring football for one is up there.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 19, 2019, 3:41pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Mayaman
Hess gets it in the middle of the park with enough time to take it down and look up.  Instead he hoofs it up front to  that great town centre forward named "nobody". Never gonna score like that. We look as if we have never played together.

He says he uses data a lot, clearly his lap top is picking the team.

Macca is one of the best people and keepers we’ve had but we need an outfield skipper
Posted by: jaygy, October 19, 2019, 3:41pm; Reply: 28
Fed up of jolleys strange selections already! Bored of inconsistency! Bored of false dawns!
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, October 19, 2019, 3:44pm; Reply: 29
we were four points off the top with 3 struggling teams to play, now the wheels have fully come off, last season we looked like a team that knew what it was trying to do but didn't have the players to do it, now we have the players but don't seem to ever look like we know what we're supposed to be doing,

I thought jolley was a philosophy type of manager but honestly can't really grasp what sort of team we're meant to be, every time I think I know he goes and changes it anyway.
Posted by: Yoda, October 19, 2019, 3:49pm; Reply: 30
Chancer in a suit.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 19, 2019, 3:50pm; Reply: 31
Well we was due our quarterly jolley 10 game losing streak.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 19, 2019, 3:51pm; Reply: 32
I wonder if Jolley will rate this first half performance worse than last week's and that's saying something ?
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, October 19, 2019, 3:53pm; Reply: 33
at least amonds still doing the business for us, a small consolation
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 19, 2019, 3:54pm; Reply: 34
The game plan is massively wrong you cannot play hoof ball with 3 in mid field as you don’t have the numbers to pick up the 2nd balls if you fail to retain possession. I love football but in reality don’t know too much about the technical stuff but even I can see that.
Posted by: fiveallive, October 19, 2019, 3:56pm; Reply: 35
Jolley altercation with a fan at ht anyone see anything.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, October 19, 2019, 3:56pm; Reply: 36
Seems like I've picked a good week to accept a free ticket to watch Stoke.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 19, 2019, 3:58pm; Reply: 37
I wonder if Jolley will rate this first half performance worse than last week's and that's saying something ?

I’m not sure but I’m convinced he won’t take accountability
Posted by: Mayaman, October 19, 2019, 3:59pm; Reply: 38
What happened to the perseverance we had early on in the season?  Looks like we've given up. Get stuck in!!!
Posted by: Gaffer58, October 19, 2019, 3:59pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from cannylad68
Does he ever pick the same team?

He had to make changes as we had lost the last 2/3, oh wait we won away at Exeter and he changed that team. At least he's consistent, he changes the team every game.
Posted by: Yossarian, October 19, 2019, 4:01pm; Reply: 40
Thank goodness only 1 team is getting relegated this year. When was the last time we had a proper decent run of form?
Posted by: Maringer, October 19, 2019, 4:02pm; Reply: 41
Very frustrating. They've had the ball in our box a couple of times and have scored on both occasions. Terrible marking for the first, but the ball just fell perfectly to them both times. At the other end, Hessenthaler should probably have scored soon after the second goal, but it was a good save. Lots of grappling at set pieces missed by the referee.

I still don't have much idea how we're supposed to be playing. The front 3 have barely exchanged a pass in that half they are so far apart. Whacking it long towards Hanson is pointless when we don't have a forward or midfielder within 20 yards of him. At the other end, Harrold has had the support of runners so has been much more effective. They are playing a really high line but we're barely trying to play it in behind them which is odd when you consider that both Rose and Vernam have some pace (though Widdowson has the legs on the latter). I think we're seeing why Vernam hasn't been near the starting lineup for some time.

Ultimately, it feels as though they've barely had to work for their lead though they've certainly had the run of the green with the ball falling to them kindly. Certainly not out of the game but I'd imagine they'll have some chances to counter-attack this half so an early goal would be helpful.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, October 19, 2019, 4:05pm; Reply: 42
I'm gonna say it.... we're regressing, Jolley can only live on so much kudos for keeping us up, afraid he's starting to grate on me now, constantly changing the team in attempt to counter the opposition rather than concentrate on his own team and style of play....thinking the unthinkable, it's nearly about time for a change...
Posted by: Hagrid, October 19, 2019, 4:06pm; Reply: 43
Jolley dragged down the tunnel after an altercation with a fan
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 19, 2019, 4:08pm; Reply: 44

At least England beat Australia this morning and I got a free bacon bun in the pub watching it  😀
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 19, 2019, 4:09pm; Reply: 45
Fan dragged back to his seat to watch the second half.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, October 19, 2019, 4:10pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Fan dragged back to his seat to watch the second half.

😂
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 19, 2019, 4:10pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from Hagrid
Jolley dragged down the tunnel after an altercation with a fan

They say the truth hurts
Posted by: TAGG, October 19, 2019, 4:15pm; Reply: 48
Can anyone tell me why Hewitt is on the pitch????
Posted by: Mayaman, October 19, 2019, 4:19pm; Reply: 49
Ogbu and Green have made a difference.  Why didn't they start?  Ogbu is a bit dodgy in defensive positions (which is something he and the management can easily work on) but he causes problems up front.
Posted by: Flying Mariner, October 19, 2019, 4:19pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
I'm gonna say it.... we're regressing, Jolley can only live on so much kudos for keeping us up, afraid he's starting to grate on me now, constantly changing the team in attempt to counter the opposition rather than concentrate on his own team and style of play....thinking the unthinkable, it's nearly about time for a change...

I could not agree more. Jolley over analyses the game constantly and makes it sound like a James Bond mission.
Like you say he should concentrate on his own team. Don't worry about the opposition. Get your best starting 11 on the pitch week after week. They will then form a good understanding of each others game and you never know... we might do well!  
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 19, 2019, 4:21pm; Reply: 51
So after 58 mins we pretty much have the team on the pitch we should have started with 🤬
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 19, 2019, 4:25pm; Reply: 52

We are lucky they haven't scored a third to be honest.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 19, 2019, 4:29pm; Reply: 53

We are lucky they haven't scored a third to be honest.

It’s going to happen.
Posted by: fiveallive, October 19, 2019, 4:30pm; Reply: 54
Hanson missed a sitter.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 19, 2019, 4:30pm; Reply: 55
Sitter missed by Hanson
Posted by: Abdul19, October 19, 2019, 4:33pm; Reply: 56
Whitehouse should've scored that too
Posted by: Mayaman, October 19, 2019, 4:42pm; Reply: 57
John Tonder and co commentator keep mentioning that when Hanson's knock downs are ineffective is because there's no one there to pick it up.  It begs the question, then why do we keep hitting it long to Hanson?  Why does Hanson when it does go up to him keep nodding it down to nobody?  The definition of insanity is keep doing what you are doing and expect a different result. The players should really be ashamed of themselves.  Our 21 year old goes off injured and the team falls apart.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 19, 2019, 4:42pm; Reply: 58
Jesus
Posted by: jaygy, October 19, 2019, 4:42pm; Reply: 59
Jolley out
Posted by: Hagrid, October 19, 2019, 4:43pm; Reply: 60
What worries me is these arent even that good
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 19, 2019, 4:44pm; Reply: 61
This is not good enough, after the last 2 poor results we needed to up it today against a team you’d expect us to win (especially with us being the home team) we haven’t learnt 😢
Posted by: fiveallive, October 19, 2019, 4:44pm; Reply: 62
Fans turning on Jolley.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 19, 2019, 4:45pm; Reply: 63
Change needed?

Some will say im mad but i cant keep watching this shite.
Posted by: Davec, October 19, 2019, 4:46pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from Mayaman
John Tonder and co commentator keep mentioning that when Hanson's knock downs are ineffective is because there's no one there to pick it up.  It begs the question, then why do we keep hitting it long to Hanson?  Why does Hanson when it does go up to him keep nodding it down to nobody?  The definition of insanity is keep doing what you are doing and expect a different result. The players should really be ashamed of themselves.  Our 21 year old goes off injured and the team falls apart.

So when the ball is fired up to Hanson with absoloutly no support what else can he do apart from knock it down? Are you expecting him to cushion the ball perfectly with his head into his feet and play? Are you expecting him to jump 6 feet in the air and trap the ball with his feet? I don't see how Hanson can be blamed for this, yeah he's not playing well but nothing he can do when balls are being fired to him and the ball into him isn't off a good quality and he's no support...
Posted by: Ipswin, October 19, 2019, 4:46pm; Reply: 65
Time to go Mr Jolley. You've had a couple of seasons in a job which in your wildest dreams you could never have expected to get.

Managing a club in the Football League will look good on your CV but you just haven't got it, sorry, you're a nice bloke and all that but we are going nowhere under your leadership.

Promised much, delivered nowt, a brave but failed appointment

Try to keep your dignity and go now
Posted by: Abdul19, October 19, 2019, 4:47pm; Reply: 66
Terrible penalty decision, not that it really matters
Posted by: CodHead, October 19, 2019, 4:48pm; Reply: 67
We’re an absolute shambles
Posted by: jaygy, October 19, 2019, 4:48pm; Reply: 68
He's steadied the ship but ultimately he isn't going to take us any further, thank you for your efforts but we need better
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 19, 2019, 4:49pm; Reply: 69
Thing is he kept us up 2 years ago and he can't keep living off that.

Have we really seen enough improvement to suggest he will take us further? Not for me.

He has done a stability job here but no shame from the board making a change and thinking he has took us as far as he can.

No shame in what you done for us and thanks for the effort Michael but time to go.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, October 19, 2019, 4:50pm; Reply: 70
The bad news or slight good news?  Is that for the next game there must be more team changes again.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 19, 2019, 4:50pm; Reply: 71
I’m looking forward to MJ’s excuse today, he must be feeling the pressure now, we’ve shipped a lot of goals just lately,  yes I know one of them was a game against premiership opposition but the amount of goals we’ve let in is worrying.
Posted by: mariner91, October 19, 2019, 4:51pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from mariner91
Looks like Hewitt in the midfield again which has been pretty awful every time he's played there before.

Hate to say I told you so. Our midfielders, except Hess and Robson, are not good enough with the ball. Even worse is their not particularly strong or quick either so it begs the question, what do they bring to the table?
Posted by: Mayaman, October 19, 2019, 4:52pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from Davec

So when the ball is fired up to Hanson with absoloutly no support what else can he do apart from knock it down? Are you expecting him to cushion the ball perfectly with his head into his feet and play? Are you expecting him to jump 6 feet in the air and trap the ball with his feet? I don't see how Hanson can be blamed for this, yeah he's not playing well but nothing he can do when balls are being fired to him and the ball into him isn't off a good quality and he's no support...

I know not entirely his fault but he could look for a foul or flick on try to gain some ground.  However, i do blame him for his workrate. He's a lazy sh***

Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 19, 2019, 4:55pm; Reply: 74
Feels like the Bignot era
Posted by: Ipswin, October 19, 2019, 4:56pm; Reply: 75
Tuesday evening could be embarrassing
Posted by: Gaffer58, October 19, 2019, 5:01pm; Reply: 76
My concern is that we could be at the start of another long losing streak, we've all seen them over the last couple of years and currently things are looking similar.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, October 19, 2019, 5:07pm; Reply: 77
Missed the game because of a kidney infection not sure which is more painful the infection or the result!!

Hate to jump on the bandwagon but big questions about MJ now and particularly the continued changing of our lineup. As stated above the mystery to me all season is why Hanson has never had a player alongside him rather than 20 yards away.

Think he is about to find out how bleak the Grimsby managers job can be when you member it up
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 19, 2019, 5:12pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from Ipswin

Cambridge have beaten Exeter 4.0
Posted by: mariner91, October 19, 2019, 5:12pm; Reply: 79
Other than the Exeter game can anyone tell me a time where we've got a result and people have put it down to Jolley's tactical nous? He's had three transfer windows after doing really well to keep us up with Slade's mess but has seemingly no idea how he wants us to play or what his best formaton/team is.

He over-analyses everything and makes constant baffling decisions. I appreciate that he's a young manager learning his trade but that's two seasons in a row where he's left himself without the option of bringing on a player who can give genuine width going forward which leaves us hamstrung tactically more often than not. Even more worryingly he doesn't seem to learn his lessons. We've been shite every time Hewitt has played in the middle (not blaming him solely for the result) so in a game where we could really do with a result he goes and sticks him in there. Jolley's a nice guy and he's meant to be intelligent but neither her nor the team have shown much improvement over the last 18 months and that's a long enough time to start seeing improvement if there were going to be any.
Posted by: Stadium, October 19, 2019, 5:23pm; Reply: 80
Quoted from Ipswin

Ever the optimist  ::)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 19, 2019, 5:56pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from Ipswin

You’ll be ok as long as you delete your search history 😉
Posted by: moosey_club, October 19, 2019, 5:58pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from fiveallive
Fans turning on Jolley.

Must be a masochist then after receiving all that abuse..... :P
Posted by: Marinerz93, October 19, 2019, 8:28pm; Reply: 83
Today we needed a reaction and what we got was yet again another non performance for most of the game.

How have we gone from a team pushing play off's to a team devoid of ideas and stomach for a battle. Getting fed up of watching gutless, and clueless players going through the emotions for an easy pay day, start earning your crust, switch on and get flipping stuck in until the final whistle.

We were the come back kings and now heads drop and so does the determination to get back into the game.
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 11:11pm