Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BraStrap, October 17, 2019, 2:52pm
A sorry tale, but should it ever have come to court?
Posted by: WesternMariner, October 17, 2019, 9:01pm; Reply: 1
The old bill and Crown Prosecution Service are all over things like this. It’s not seen as light hearted in the modern world. Whether that’s a good thing is a matter of opinion. Gazza has been found not guilty by a jury of his peers and that’s an end of the matter but it’s a great shame that the bloke has this self destructive streak running through him literally had the world at his feet and now he’s a bad comedy act.
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 17, 2019, 9:14pm; Reply: 2
A crying shame really to see the state that he has ended up in. Probably my favourite non-Town footballer ever and I'll never forget being at Wembley when he made a fool of Colin Hendry before burying the ball in the back of the net.
Posted by: smokey111, October 17, 2019, 10:34pm; Reply: 3
Amazes me the sympathy he attracts. Collymore was vilified (rightly) for his assault on Ulrika but it is never mentioned in articles about Gazza's history of domestic violence. Makes you wonder where the double standards come from?!?!?!🤔
Posted by: golfer, October 17, 2019, 10:37pm; Reply: 4
This would never have gone to Crown Court if it had been a normal person. All the crime that is committed that never goes to court and they waste £1000's on this. Somebody wants sacking
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, October 17, 2019, 10:43pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from smokey111
Amazes me the sympathy he attracts. Collymore was vilified (rightly) for his assault on Ulrika but it is never mentioned in articles about Gazza's history of domestic violence. Makes you wonder where the double standards come from?!?!?!🤔

No place in the world for domestic violence but I think Collymore having a opinion on everything and always trying to be controversial on all sorts of issues pisses everyone off including the written press.i don’t particularly think it’s what you’re implying tbh  
Posted by: ska face, October 17, 2019, 10:45pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from smokey111

Yes, qwhite puzzling...
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 17, 2019, 10:47pm; Reply: 7
I remember town fans chanting his name which they never do for an opposition player unless an ex mariner.

When he played against us for Boston.
Posted by: Rik e B, October 18, 2019, 3:46am; Reply: 8
I don't know how totally separate cases with separate evidence and incidents can be incinuated to be proof of racism in the courts Smokey. I pretty sure that's what you alluding to.
Posted by: bedders78, October 18, 2019, 8:37am; Reply: 9
Quoted from grimsby pete
I remember town fans chanting his name which they never do for an opposition player unless an ex mariner.

When he played against us for Boston.

Pretty sure he didn't play
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, October 18, 2019, 8:39am; Reply: 10
Quoted from bedders78

Pretty sure he didn't play

He means Burnley
Posted by: Heisenberg, October 18, 2019, 9:27am; Reply: 11
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

He means Burnley

It was an amazing thing that. He acknowledged the pontoon too with a wave DURING the game. Most town fans we’re in awe of him. I was a bit similar when Lineker played at BP in about ‘91, i was completely star struck.
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 18, 2019, 11:45am; Reply: 12
I have to say I was there when Gazza played.
But for me, the best entertainer was by far and away Bruce Grobbelaar.
He got dogs abuse from the Ponny. But at half (it might have been full) time he was cheered off to a man.  A clear lesson in how to handle abuse.
Posted by: Heisenberg, October 18, 2019, 12:16pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Civvy at last
I have to say I was there when Gazza played.
But for me, the best entertainer was by far and away Bruce Grobbelaar.
He got dogs abuse from the Ponny. But at half (it might have been full) time he was cheered off to a man.  A clear lesson in how to handle abuse.

That was brilliant!  Was he at Oldham then?  I remember we lost, he played well, and his antics were brilliant.
Posted by: smokey111, October 18, 2019, 12:21pm; Reply: 14
Not alluding to racism in the courts, just some of the media. Raheem Sterling hit the nail on the head when he discussed how two young footballers who had received big money contracts were dealt with. Look it up.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 18, 2019, 1:41pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Heisenberg

It was an amazing thing that. He acknowledged the pontoon too with a wave DURING the game. Most town fans we’re in awe of him. I was a bit similar when Lineker played at BP in about ‘91, i was completely star struck.

Lineker?  I remember his first visit in '81... he was just their Drinkell in my eyes   ;)
Posted by: Heisenberg, October 18, 2019, 2:46pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Lineker?  I remember his first visit in '81... he was just their Drinkell in my eyes   ;)

I certainly wasn't allowed to go to games in '81, it was a bit before my time.  But '91-era Lineker was a global superstar.
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 10:43am