Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, October 7, 2019, 7:06am
Please enter your nomination for last week (within the world of football)....
Posted by: crusty ole pie, October 7, 2019, 7:08am; Reply: 1
Gotta be Paul Marsden who the hell let him loose with a whistle
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 7, 2019, 7:23am; Reply: 2
Mr Paul Marsden.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, October 7, 2019, 7:45am; Reply: 3
You could almost just titis thus thread as "twit if the week is Paul Marsden"....hope the FA reprimand him and chuck his ref badges in the bin and never allow to ruin another football match...
Posted by: jimgtfc, October 7, 2019, 7:48am; Reply: 4
No brainer, Marsden
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 7, 2019, 8:27am; Reply: 5
Marsden,
Closely followed by Andy Cook, Bishop and their crybaby lardarse keeper.
Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, October 7, 2019, 8:40am; Reply: 6
Paul Marsden. He could have started a riot with his ridiculous and incompetent display, yet we all know he'll get off scott-free and be back at the weekend messing up someone else's game.
Posted by: denni266, October 7, 2019, 9:03am; Reply: 7
Marsden by a mile
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 7, 2019, 9:25am; Reply: 8

Marsden.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 7, 2019, 9:28am; Reply: 9
Marsden saves PP from getting it.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 7, 2019, 9:37am; Reply: 10
Quoted from grimsby pete
Marsden saves PP from getting it.

Thanks Pete   :)

Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 7, 2019, 10:05am; Reply: 11
Andy Cook is a very close second.
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, October 7, 2019, 10:32am; Reply: 12
Has to be Marsden. The fact that he apologised to Jolley afterwards sums it up.

Not seen a referee as bad since the Darlo game in 05.
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 7, 2019, 10:33am; Reply: 13
Maybe we should just change the name of this award in the future to "Marsden Of The Week"  ;)
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 7, 2019, 10:54am; Reply: 14
Quoted from promotion plaice

Thanks Pete   :)

Just don't do it again mate  ;D
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 7, 2019, 11:05am; Reply: 15
My vote goes for

Paul Marsden - AKA "Worlds most inept referee"

Seems he's no stranger to this award though ( if you look at the link below, from October 2016 ) and he's not improved either, although the FA saw fit to promote him to reffing league, rather than non-league games

http://www.theshaymen.net/ipb/topic/17504-fao-paul-marsden-aka-worlds-most-inept-referee/

The summary sounds very familiar...

If a referee doesn't know the basic rules then he shouldn't officiate. The worst refereeing display I have witnessed EVER.

He failed completely to control the game and was lucky the game didn't descend into a pitch battle. Given the supposed FA clampdown on holding, shirt pulling it's clear that this idiot was reading the Beano rather than digesting the rules of the game.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 7, 2019, 11:41am; Reply: 16
Marsden
Posted by: Fishy_fishtails, October 7, 2019, 12:05pm; Reply: 17
Marsden. Without a shadow of a doubt
Posted by: mariner paul, October 7, 2019, 12:33pm; Reply: 18
No contest really got to be the twit in the middle on Saturday Paul Marsden
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, October 7, 2019, 1:11pm; Reply: 19
Paul Marsden, 34, assistant principal at Hodgson Academy in Poulton, has been promoted to Level 1 after just one season refereeing in the National League.........
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, October 7, 2019, 1:31pm; Reply: 20
Marsden deffo.
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), October 7, 2019, 1:33pm; Reply: 21
Paul Marsden
Posted by: Fishy clapper, October 7, 2019, 1:43pm; Reply: 22
Uriah wannabe
Posted by: Grimal, October 7, 2019, 2:13pm; Reply: 23
Paul Marsden,the worst ref I've ever seen officiate and lets face it we do see some terrible refereeing at all levels.
Posted by: Grumps, October 8, 2019, 9:17am; Reply: 24
Marsden
Posted by: fishyfanny, October 8, 2019, 9:43am; Reply: 25
Marsden
Posted by: wuffing, October 8, 2019, 9:54am; Reply: 26
Tossbag  Bishop. (cursing)
Posted by: GrimExile, October 8, 2019, 9:54am; Reply: 27
Marsden. His incompetence was totally astounding.
Posted by: WesternMariner, October 8, 2019, 11:32am; Reply: 28
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Paul Marsden, 34, assistant principal at Hodgson Academy in Poulton, has been promoted to Level 1 after just one season refereeing in the National League.........

My god - he’s a teacher??!! That explains a lot.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 8, 2019, 11:54am; Reply: 29
You know on reflection, especially considering the point he is a teacher, I have just a smidgen of sympathy for him

He was clearly out of his depth on Saturday and the fact he wasn't able to control the Mansfield players antics is probably more to do with the training he's had, given he's only been refereeing for a couple of years

I remember having a teacher at school who was so desperate to please that he let some of the more exuberant kids in my class get away with things other teachers wouldn't have allowed in a month of Sundays

It was all about setting boundaries and once the perpetrators suss out how far they can go ( seemingly as far as they wanted ) they got away with murder which encouraged others to be disrespectful

On Saturday if Marsden had come down on the Mansfield players early on, then his grip on the game would have been acknowledged and their players wouldn't have bossed the game as they did.... he would have taken control, instead of the tail wagging the dog

I think some of his decisions were truly baffling but they came after he'd lost control of their players... a lesson to be learned I think if he's going to carry on refereeing at this level.

I don't know if the assessors make recommendations to refs to appraise their game ( like managers do with players ) but this one certainly needs to be given some pointers

If we ever see him again I just hope he clamps down on cheats right from the kick off.... if he'd handed out a booking for the fouls that they dished out to Max Wright from the off, it could well have been a different game
Posted by: golfer, October 8, 2019, 8:15pm; Reply: 30
Twatter Bishop-you would think he was a suppository the way he was up Marsdens arsen right from the start
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 11:21pm