Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, October 4, 2019, 12:46pm
https://www.devonlive.com/sport/where-you-draw-line-matt-3390298

Exeter boss not happy with referee, sore looser or has he got a point? (No he did not get a point, we got 3)

Not the first time they have complained about Devon based referee Bret Huxtable.
Posted by: jaygy, October 4, 2019, 12:59pm; Reply: 1
Cant say he had a bad game tbh but missed a blatant penalty for them which the linesman should have seen from where he was
Posted by: buckstown, October 4, 2019, 1:04pm; Reply: 2
Sounds almost Cowleyesque in his pathetic attempt to influence whoever referees their game tomorrow?
Also trying to deflect attention from his own inadequacy. They never stand up and say credit to them, we were well beaten, it's always someone else's fault
Posted by: golfer, October 4, 2019, 1:29pm; Reply: 3
If he took the ref to court in Scotland he could possibly get the game replayed however long it took them to win - seems fair to me
Posted by: Madeleymariner, October 4, 2019, 1:33pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from golfer
If he took the ref to court in Scotland he could possibly get the game replayed however long it took them to win - seems fair to me

??)
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), October 4, 2019, 1:34pm; Reply: 5
I suppose he's only doing his job. Taking the emphasis and flak away from his team and onto the ref. He was complimentary about us before we played.

It's easier to be magnanimous when you're 7th...  8)
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 4, 2019, 1:34pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from jaygy
Cant say he had a bad game tbh but missed a blatant penalty for them which the linesman should have seen from where he was

Did the fourth official not spot it either? Well I am surprised.... ;)
Posted by: Rik e B, October 4, 2019, 1:58pm; Reply: 7
Swings and roundabouts loser!
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, October 4, 2019, 2:17pm; Reply: 8
Am I missing something?

QUOTE:
The City chief was unhappy with the nature of Grimsby's first goal when City were on the counter-attack and Archie Collins was fouled, with referee Brett Huxtable waving play on.

To be fair to Huxtable, it was a good call, but as City failed to make the most of the advantage played, Grimsby won the ball back, countered themselves and won a corner kick.

Huxtable then showed the yellow card to Liam Gibson, for his foul on Collins, who needed treatment. But he told Collins to leave the field prior to Grimsby taking the corner, from which Ethan Robson scored to put the Mariners in front.
UNQUOTE:

What is wrong with that?
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 4, 2019, 2:20pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from jaygy

We were 3-0 up at the time, so even if it had been given, I doubt it would have changed the result of the game really.

Having said that, he must have been the porkiest ref I've seen for a long time.
Posted by: golfer, October 4, 2019, 2:48pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Les Brechin

We were 3-0 up at the time, so even if it had been given, I doubt it would have changed the result of the game really.

Having said that, he must have been the porkiest ref I've seen for a long time.

Apple dumplings and clotted cream-a speciality in Devon.
Posted by: Meza, October 4, 2019, 3:00pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Am I missing something?

QUOTE:
The City chief was unhappy with the nature of Grimsby's first goal when City were on the counter-attack and Archie Collins was fouled, with referee Brett Huxtable waving play on.

To be fair to Huxtable, it was a good call, but as City failed to make the most of the advantage played, Grimsby won the ball back, countered themselves and won a corner kick.

Huxtable then showed the yellow card to Liam Gibson, for his foul on Collins, who needed treatment. But he told Collins to leave the field prior to Grimsby taking the corner, from which Ethan Robson scored to put the Mariners in front.
UNQUOTE:

What is wrong with that?

I suspect he wanted play to be brought back which also depends how long they had the advantage.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, October 4, 2019, 3:02pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Am I missing something?

QUOTE:

UNQUOTE:

What is wrong with that?

Rule changed a few years ago so that if a player requires treatment after a foul and the offending player received a card then the player does not need to stay off the pitch IF the assessment and/or treatment is completed quickly.

In this instance the player received a lengthy treatment to an apparent shoulder injury and the referee was correct to make the player leave the field despite Gibson receiving a yellow card.
Posted by: Son of Cod, October 4, 2019, 3:49pm; Reply: 13
First goal is obviously very important, but we were full value for the win otherwise. The third goal was a thing of beauty. Swings and roundabouts. We got done at Salford in weird circumstances.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, October 4, 2019, 4:15pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Son of Cod
We got done at Salford in weird circumstances.

No we didn’t.
Posted by: Stadium, October 4, 2019, 4:27pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Son of Cod
First goal is obviously very important, but we were full value for the win otherwise. The third goal was a thing of beauty. Swings and roundabouts. We got done at Salford in weird circumstances.

Not at all.
Exeter was a convincing win & obvious diversion tactics  from the manager to the press.
Personally I have no interest after the game has finished in the what the opposition manager has to say.

Posted by: crusty ole pie, October 4, 2019, 5:08pm; Reply: 16
You win some you lose some take a leaf out of jolly’s book and get on with it .
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 4, 2019, 5:45pm; Reply: 17
It's tough at the top Exeter especially when little ole Grimsby topple you off your pedestal lol.
Posted by: Rik e B, October 4, 2019, 6:27pm; Reply: 18
I love to hear opposing managers whining... means we given them a spanking 😂👍
Posted by: hheh2, October 4, 2019, 6:47pm; Reply: 19
If Slade did referees..
Posted by: fishyfanny, October 4, 2019, 7:56pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from hheh2
If Slade did referees..

Who?
Posted by: sydney, October 4, 2019, 8:28pm; Reply: 21
Wot a male private
He could have had 20 Players on the pitch and they wouldn’t have stop Robson’s first goal
Come on Town!! Build on last weeks fantastic result
Print page generated: May 1, 2024, 11:41pm