Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: codcheeky, October 2, 2019, 6:33pm
Liverpool have been fined what to them is peanuts for playing an ineligible player in the league cup. Anyone else think if it had been the team against them or not one of the big teams it would mean immediate expulsion?
Posted by: Abdul19, October 2, 2019, 6:40pm; Reply: 1
Sunderland were fined for the same thing a few years back. Both against MK anyway, so it's absolutely fine.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 2, 2019, 7:36pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from codcheeky
Liverpool have been fined what to them is peanuts for playing an ineligible player in the league cup. Anyone else think if it had been the team against them or not one of the big teams it would mean immediate expulsion?

They're not the only ones that have been fined what to them is peanuts recently :

"Barcelona have been fined only €300 (£265) by the Spanish football federation (RFEF) after they were found to have broken the rules in their pursuit of €120m signing Antoine Griezmann from Atlético Madrid."

Laughable isn't it.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 2, 2019, 8:23pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from promotion plaice

They're not the only ones that have been fined what to them is peanuts recently :

"Barcelona have been fined only €300 (£265) by the Spanish football federation (RFEF) after they were found to have broken the rules in their pursuit of €120m signing Antoine Griezmann from Atlético Madrid."

Laughable isn't it.

i think i have seen bigger fines handed down to Sunday League teams ...
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, October 2, 2019, 8:24pm; Reply: 4
I hope Barca are allowed to pay in instalments. They will not be able to afford it otherwise.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 2, 2019, 8:56pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
I hope Barca are allowed to pay in instalments. They will not be able to afford it otherwise.

well if the club can't afford it then the debt should fall onto the signed players ala Sunday League....i bet some of the players will be sweating hoping they dont have to pay their share.....poor old Messi would probably have to manage to wake up in the morning to cover that amount.

Posted by: CodHead, October 2, 2019, 9:21pm; Reply: 6
They've just thrown away 3-0 lead to Salzburg
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 2, 2019, 9:23pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from CodHead
They've just thrown away 3-0 lead to Salzburg

Yeah, Liverpool look poor at the back, very nervy.

Posted by: promotion plaice, October 5, 2019, 1:20pm; Reply: 8

Just watching the Spurs game before I go to watch Town, Spurs are lucky to be only 2-0 down.
Print page generated: May 8, 2024, 12:23am