Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 2, 2019, 5:17pm
https://twitter.com/mattdeanradio/status/1179427229895450627
Posted by: Ipswin, October 2, 2019, 5:22pm; Reply: 1
Oh dear, that all went unpleasantly mammaries up didn't it. Should never have invited him on board in the first place - attracted by the 'easy money' investment I suppose.

Just another reason to be very very careful what type we allow to invest in / take over GTFC

£50,000 one side against £70,000 on the other, better to call it evens and save the costs which one side is going to pick up.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 2, 2019, 6:06pm; Reply: 2
oh well...best left to the courts if true otherwise this could be another thread that could turn contentious.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, October 2, 2019, 6:20pm; Reply: 3
Just repay the £50k and don't waste the club's time & money with a futile court case. If there's enough money to repay Fenty £200k per season then it shouldn't be a problem to give Mullen his £50k back. And re: £70k for the second season... this is a season where the club repaid £200k to Fenty. You'd be mad to lend the club money in such circumstances.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 2, 2019, 6:32pm; Reply: 4
Give me a second season you shit
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 2, 2019, 6:43pm; Reply: 5
The only people who benefit here are “m’learned friends” I’m afraid.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 2, 2019, 6:55pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Abdul19

;D
Posted by: golfer, October 2, 2019, 6:55pm; Reply: 7
It all depends on what team the judge supports
Posted by: pizzzza, October 2, 2019, 7:00pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from golfer
It all depends on what team the judge supports

"heading to court in Hull" doesn't bode well
Posted by: forza ivano, October 2, 2019, 7:13pm; Reply: 9
I'm sure that JF's side of the story will be upheld. Is this ok grimrob/ getyourfactsright?
Posted by: rancido, October 2, 2019, 7:23pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from MuddyWaters

So JF isn't the only director who has lent the club money and wants it back - quelle surprise !!!
Posted by: mariner91, October 2, 2019, 7:49pm; Reply: 11
He is though the only one to see the club go through it’s worst period in its history, alienate a large proportion of the fan base, allow the club’s infrastructure to be miles behind most of the rest of the FL, have us spend six shite years in non league and want all his money back.
Posted by: forza ivano, October 2, 2019, 7:59pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from mariner91
He is though the only one to see the club go through it’s worst period in its history, alienate a large proportion of the fan base, allow the club’s infrastructure to be miles behind most of the rest of the FL, have us spend six shite years in non league and want all his money back.

don't think you are allowed to say that sort of thing mariner91. Unsubstantiated claims are not allowed on the fishy, and I suspect that it there is any consistency your post will be de leted
Posted by: moosey_club, October 2, 2019, 8:20pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from rancido

So JF isn't the only director who has lent the club money and wants it back  

but he is managing to take some of it back....whereas if true...LM is having to go to court to try and get his loan back out of the club.  

No doubt the truth will out and as had previously been mentioned the only winners are the legal teams.....neither of the parties will come out in a good light and the club gets another cr@p press day regardless.

Posted by: Gaffer58, October 2, 2019, 8:28pm; Reply: 14
So £50k for year 1 and £70k for year 2, is that the going rate to be a director, I assume they all pay the same amount, e.g.Mr Shouty.
Posted by: GrimRob, October 2, 2019, 8:36pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from forza ivano
I'm sure that JF's side of the story will be upheld. Is this ok grimrob/ getyourfactsright?

Fine, let's see what comes out in public. I know none of the facts, and it's a great shame that it's ended in court. Everyone should watch their words on here and elsewhere that goes without saying.
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, October 2, 2019, 9:21pm; Reply: 16
So if GTFC loses this court battle will the club have to pay the court costs?

If so surely it's better to pay Mullen his 50k, or am I missing something?
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 2, 2019, 9:46pm; Reply: 17
This seems to have taken an age to happen.
I heard rumours that Mullen was taking JF to court in Hull almost a year ago.
So God only knows what the costs are already !!!!
As Rob says, we have to be careful what we say (post) but this is one time I am in team Fenty.
Posted by: marinerdazza, October 2, 2019, 10:05pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Abdul19

Genuine lol
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, October 2, 2019, 10:47pm; Reply: 19
there goes the Chelsea money!
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, October 2, 2019, 10:49pm; Reply: 20
Just as the team look to be gelling abit all this stuff rears it’s head
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 2, 2019, 11:25pm; Reply: 21
Don't you love all these so called fans with money ?

I want to help the club I love with financial  help because I can afford it.

Then turn around and say I want my money back.

Ramsden then Fenty and now Mullen.
Posted by: livosnose, October 2, 2019, 11:39pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Abdul19

Do you like cheese ?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 2, 2019, 11:45pm; Reply: 23
It's baffling why we borrowed £50,000 from Mullen in the first place.  Assuming that we did [quick edit advised by my legal advisers]. Why would we need it and why did he make it a loan and not a share purchase?
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, October 2, 2019, 11:45pm; Reply: 24
I have no opinion on the case.

However, the Mullens are clearly a *comment removed*.
Posted by: golfer, October 3, 2019, 7:34am; Reply: 25
Isn't the court case usually in the town where the crime is committed - why Hull -does it mean we all have to go there as character witnesses ?
Posted by: TAGG, October 3, 2019, 7:53am; Reply: 26
A Director who wants to take mony out of the club, well I never!!!
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 3, 2019, 8:05am; Reply: 27
Quoted from Abdul19

Monkey tennis?

Posted by: Ipswin, October 3, 2019, 9:38am; Reply: 28
I still can't get my head around why Mullen was invited / allowed into the club anyway.

I'm sure we didn't need a paltry 50 grand and anyway if we did why was it only 'a loan' ? Why didn't he buy shares ?

I too am with Fenty on this one
Posted by: Mallyner, October 3, 2019, 9:48am; Reply: 29
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
there goes the Chelsea money!

We will soon recover that from our sensational run in the FA cup.  :)

As for the Mullen cut, I used to have one of those in the 80s and looking back at the photos, I looked a right male private.  :-/

Joking apart, I think you have to pay a lot of money to become a director, unless you are of a certain prestigious ilk.
Which seemed to not be the Mullens, the Trust, but include Mr Shouty and Mr Racehorse Owner, who as far as I can see, have a couple
of thousand pounds of shares and £100 of respectively. .
Posted by: gtfc98, October 3, 2019, 9:57am; Reply: 30
I remember Mullen going on Humberside preaching about finances like he was some self made millionaire because he'd received the standard financial advice from Camelot (which he is clearly ignoring). He'll be back on the dole soon enough, a complete waste of oxygen.
Posted by: pen penfras, October 3, 2019, 10:04am; Reply: 31
Quoted from Ipswin
if we did why was it only 'a loan' ? Why didn't he buy shares ?

That's a good question. When you have no business or professional acumen to benefit the club, then the only thing getting him that position was the money. I guess the case is about whether it was a loan or a donation to 'buy' his seat on the board. Or maybe there's some other rules that certain types of loans are only repayable under certain circumstances...

All seems a bit strange, but I don't have much confidence that the courts will rule in our favour if it is a loan.
Posted by: GrimRob, October 3, 2019, 10:37am; Reply: 32
It all depends on the small print I imagine - if there is any. None of us has seen it so nobody knows.
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, October 3, 2019, 11:23am; Reply: 33
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
So if GTFC loses this court battle will the club have to pay the court costs?

If so surely it's better to pay Mullen his 50k, or am I missing something?

Presumably Fenty and co have taken legal advice that means they consider their position to be correct and it is for Mr Mullen's legal team to prove he should be paid the money.

Pure conjecture on my part here but I do wonder if Mr Mullen fully understood any T & Cs when he initially transferred 50k to the club. Going on his not so considerable business background etc. I suspect not.

IMO had it been me and not Mr Mullen who had won the lottery (a considerable amount) and decided to give Town a portion I would not make it a "loan" out of principle.

I would insist that it only be used for a certain function (for example funding the youth team). And the cash would only be released after proof that is where it would go.
Posted by: Mariner_501, October 3, 2019, 12:49pm; Reply: 34
Should never have got involved with them in the first place
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 3, 2019, 1:14pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Mariner_501
Should never have got involved with them in the first place

Hindsight is fantastic isn't it.  I can't remember people in uproar when LM funded the suits and hotels for the players at Wembley.  Or the cries of disgust when he offered to match the amount raised in Op Promotion etc.

As had been said, we have to be very careful what we post on a public forum, but from what I have heard (and that's all it is) but I do believe, JF is correct in what he is doing. But if he had blatantly  refused LM any involvement from the start, JF would have been absolutely hammered (and that would have included me).  So let's not try and put this one at Johns door. Let's just hope it turns out that GTFC win the case.

Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 3, 2019, 1:21pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from GrimRob
It all depends on the small print I imagine - if there is any. None of us has seen it   so nobody knows.

Hmmmm…..I suspect there is one particular Fishy poster who will have seen it    ::)
Posted by: ginnywings, October 3, 2019, 3:00pm; Reply: 37
Wasn't it the Mullens who organised that half time "entertaimment" in the form of some long haired, over the hill one hit wonder, whose name escapes me. He had a terrible haircut, terrible accent and terrible singing voice. They should be sued for that crime against music.
Posted by: toontown, October 3, 2019, 3:37pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Civvy at last

Hindsight is fantastic isn't it.  I can't remember people in uproar when LM funded the suits and hotels for the players at Wembley.  Or the cries of disgust when he offered to match the amount raised in Op Promotion etc.

As had been said, we have to be very careful what we post on a public forum, but from what I have heard (and that's all it is) but I do believe, JF is correct in what he is doing. But if he had blatantly  refused LM any involvement from the start, JF would have been absolutely hammered (and that would have included me).  So let's not try and put this one at Johns door. Let's just hope it turns out that GTFC win the case.

Totally agreed
Posted by: ska face, October 3, 2019, 4:44pm; Reply: 39
The “hacking” scandal was an exciting few days.
Posted by: gtfc98, October 3, 2019, 5:35pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Civvy at last

I don't think it's even hindsight in this case. There were plenty of people suggesting that the Mullens brought absolutely nothing to the table other than a few grand that hardly shifted the dial. They are both complete losers.

Posted by: golfer, October 3, 2019, 6:21pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from ginnywings
Wasn't it the Mullens who organised that half time "entertaimment" in the form of some long haired, over the hill one hit wonder, whose name escapes me. He had a terrible haircut, terrible accent and terrible singing voice. They should be sued for that crime against music.

I  believe he was on the X Factor - Brazilian  WAGNER  Carrilho- who Louis Walsh couldn't pronounce his name-- his call to fame was playing bongos to Love Shack. If you want one of his records I can do you a good deal
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 3, 2019, 6:34pm; Reply: 42

I wonder what Shutes is making of all this !!!
Posted by: moosey_club, October 3, 2019, 6:52pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from promotion plaice

he is probably thinking booking Wagner for the opening gig of the Gy Docks Arena was a bit rash..
Posted by: moosey_club, October 3, 2019, 6:58pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from ska face
The “hacking” scandal was an exciting few days.

as was the reign of Mrs Mullen as SLO ...
Posted by: crusty ole pie, October 3, 2019, 7:26pm; Reply: 45
I picked up mr & Mrs Mullen’s from the ground after a game ( and took them for a meal at the premier inn on the A180 ) before he was elected to the board and his words to his wife  were “did you hear what mr Fenty said to me he said if I invested £50000 into the club I could become chairman”
He had no idea the person driving the taxi was earwigging and a fan
Posted by: chaos33, October 3, 2019, 7:35pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Monkey tennis?

Cooking in prison?
Posted by: Ipswin, October 3, 2019, 8:42pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from crusty ole pie
I picked up mr & Mrs Mullen’s from the ground after a game ( and took them for a meal at the premier inn on the A180 ) before he was elected to the board and his words to his wife  were “did you hear what mr Fenty said to me he said if I invested £50000 into the club I could become chairman”
He had no idea the person driving the taxi was earwigging and a fan

Surely you mean 'if I invest £50,000 now and then another £70,000 later I can become chairman'. Dont you?
Posted by: Ipswin, October 3, 2019, 8:43pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from promotion plaice

He is probably relieved that it appears we might not insist on many checks before we let him in

Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 3, 2019, 8:47pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90

Presumably Fenty and co have taken legal advice that means they consider their position to be correct and it is for Mr Mullen's legal team to prove he should be paid the money.

Pure conjecture on my part here but I do wonder if Mr Mullen fully understood any T & Cs when he initially transferred 50k to the club. Going on his not so considerable business background etc. I suspect not.

IMO had it been me and not Mr Mullen who had won the lottery (a considerable amount) and decided to give Town a portion I would not make it a "loan" out of principle.

I would insist that it only be used for a certain function (for example funding the youth team). And the cash would only be released after proof that is where it would go.

Let's hope so.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 3, 2019, 8:48pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from ginnywings

I agree about the second one. I don't know about the third (never heard him sing), but to criticise Mullen's accent is a bit rich for a fellow Grimbarian!
Posted by: crusty ole pie, October 3, 2019, 9:06pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from Ipswin

Surely you mean 'if I invest £50,000 now and then another £70,000 later I can become chairman'. Dont you?

Only saying what I heard there was no talk of £70000 perhaps not telling his wife th3 full story ?
Posted by: Ipswin, October 3, 2019, 9:20pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Only saying what I heard there was no talk of £70000 perhaps not telling his wife th3 full story ?

Shame, the club might need a good witness  ;)

Posted by: lee65, October 3, 2019, 10:24pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from chaos33

Cooking in prison?

“Youth hosteling with Chris Eubank”  
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 4, 2019, 8:28am; Reply: 54
Catch the train to Blundell Park. Stopping at: Rejection. Disappointment. Back-stabbing Central and Shattered Dreams Peak Parkway.
Posted by: Rik e B, October 5, 2019, 2:46am; Reply: 55
Leave em too it. Hopefully not too much bad press and embarrassment brought to GTFC's door yet again.
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, October 7, 2019, 4:35pm; Reply: 56
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/october/a-statement-from-the-board-of-directors/?fbclid=IwAR2Et0q0NV9AqT5ItKvxKVKw9tRUPQLzm-2QRSxk6xurMFAQMahVYvEEyhE
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 7, 2019, 4:49pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

Excellent news!
Posted by: toontown, October 7, 2019, 5:39pm; Reply: 58
Cushdy!
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 7, 2019, 5:52pm; Reply: 59
Mullings to pay the club 20k nice one Lee.
Posted by: Ipswin, October 7, 2019, 6:34pm; Reply: 60
Great result! That will teach him not to fart in church ;D
Posted by: Gaffer58, October 7, 2019, 6:46pm; Reply: 61
Excellent, now we can get on with more important things, what colour bra shall I wear at Stevanage on Saturday!!!
Posted by: Rik e B, October 7, 2019, 8:10pm; Reply: 62
Go with your usual choice 😝
Posted by: moosey_club, October 7, 2019, 9:37pm; Reply: 63
might be seen as a good result in isolation but again someone who put money in has then quickly fallen out ....not the first time.

Peeing off willing investors to the club is not a sensible long term strategy.  

Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 7, 2019, 11:21pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from Rik e B
Go with your usual choice 😝

What does he normally wear?
Posted by: forza ivano, October 8, 2019, 8:18am; Reply: 65
£20k eh? Nice win, another 1% of the benign loans repaid.
we will be debt free and free of fenty by 2050 at this rate
.happy  days
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 8, 2019, 8:44am; Reply: 66
£70K to get in the pitch after a tin pot play off final, clearly a man with an eye on the future.

Always thought he was wrong when I saw him in his club jacket and tie driving away from a game with his window down effing and blinding at both sets of supporters/pedestrians because they wouldn’t get out of his way.

Does anyone know what the clubs legal costs on this might have been? Probably makes a big dent in the £20k!
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, October 8, 2019, 8:51am; Reply: 67
Surely he will pay the costs
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 8, 2019, 9:13am; Reply: 68
That's usual form.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 8, 2019, 11:32am; Reply: 69
Surely he will pay the costs

Not unless you lose usually and this didn’t go to any form of judgement,
Posted by: Henryscat, October 8, 2019, 1:02pm; Reply: 70
He wanted his 50, we countered for 70 and he ends up paying 20.

Does this mean both were right?
Posted by: Abdul19, October 8, 2019, 8:17pm; Reply: 71
https://twitter.com/mattdeanradio/status/1181649266433019904?s=19
Posted by: moosey_club, October 8, 2019, 9:38pm; Reply: 72
"a misrepresentation of the truth" ......i wonder if someone will be able to resist biting at that...
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 8, 2019, 9:43pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from moosey_club
"a misrepresentation of the truth" ......i wonder if someone will be able to resist biting at that...

Might end up at Supreme Court  :P
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 8, 2019, 10:57pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from moosey_club

Isn't that some kind of oxymoron.......or is it me being a bit of a moron?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 9, 2019, 12:33am; Reply: 75
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Isn't that some kind of oxymoron.......or is it me being a bit of a moron?

Good point. No one gets accused of misrepresenting a lie.  ;D
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 9, 2019, 1:57pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Good point. No one gets accused of misrepresenting a lie.  ;D

I'd need to check  statistics to see if that is valid or not KM  ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 9, 2019, 5:17pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I'd need to check  statistics to see if that is valid or not KM  ;)

Are you saying I might be misrepresenting the number of people who accuse others of misrepresenting lies?
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 9:39pm