Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: LondonMariner43, October 2, 2019, 10:54am
I didn’t realise until today that Mattie Pollock is the son of Jamie Pollock.  

Do we have some kind of record for the most footballing dynasties in one squad with Pollock, Hendrie, Hessenthaler, Buckley and Curran.  Anyone else?

We have had a few in the past like the Moores and Donovans but can’t remember 5 in the squad at once.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, October 2, 2019, 11:14am; Reply: 1
Good question
Posted by: livosnose, October 2, 2019, 11:22am; Reply: 2
Quoted from LondonMariner43
I didn’t realise until today that Mattie Pollock is the son of Jamie Pollock.  

Do we have some kind of record for the most footballing dynasties in one squad with Pollock, Hendrie, Hessenthaler, Buckley and Curran.  Anyone else?

We have had a few in the past like the Moores and Donovans but can’t remember 5 in the squad at once.

Davis dad played for Burnley
Posted by: bigdavemariner, October 2, 2019, 11:55am; Reply: 3
Jamie Pollock can often be found sat in the main stand. Seems a nice bloke. Lets just say you wouldn't have him pegged as an ex prem footballer these days.

Often see alot of family members in and around the main stand. Last year Mitch Rose's brother Danny Rose was at the Forest Green game. Matt Green's brother (not well known in any way) is often at the ground and they look so alike it's scary.

Our season tickets are sat next to Harry Clifton's mum and grandad. Seeing them both emotional the night Harry scored his first senior goal was lovely. End of last season his mum says to my 10 yr old lad, would you like a pair of Harry's boots. Turns out Harry was wearing new boots so couldn't give them away. She took my number and said she'd sort something for Finlay. Didn't expect to hear any more, but a week or so later, get a text asking to pop round their house that evening. Knock on the door, Harry Clifton stood there with a pair of his signed boots for Finlay (actually the boots he wore when he scored). Had a nice chat with him and he seems a really sound lad. He remembered us when we saw him at the family fun day and had a chat with Finlay.

Sorry for the random story, but thought it was a nice touch and my lad was absolutely made up.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, October 2, 2019, 12:09pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from bigdavemariner
Jamie Pollock can often be found sat in the main stand. Seems a nice bloke. Lets just say you wouldn't have him pegged as an ex prem footballer these days.

Often see alot of family members in and around the main stand. Last year Mitch Rose's brother Danny Rose was at the Forest Green game. Matt Green's brother (not well known in any way) is often at the ground and they look so alike it's scary.

Our season tickets are sat next to Harry Clifton's mum and grandad. Seeing them both emotional the night Harry scored his first senior goal was lovely. End of last season his mum says to my 10 yr old lad, would you like a pair of Harry's boots. Turns out Harry was wearing new boots so couldn't give them away. She took my number and said she'd sort something for Finlay. Didn't expect to hear any more, but a week or so later, get a text asking to pop round their house that evening. Knock on the door, Harry Clifton stood there with a pair of his signed boots for Finlay (actually the boots he wore when he scored). Had a nice chat with him and he seems a really sound lad. He remembered us when we saw him at the family fun day and had a chat with Finlay.

Sorry for the random story, but thought it was a nice touch and my lad was absolutely made up.

Love stories like that, it makes you appreciate being a lower league fan
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 2, 2019, 12:41pm; Reply: 5
I can’t remember us having 5 before . We had four I can think of straightaway with the Moore, Donovan, Cockerill and Bloomer families. Not sure off the top of my head how many were in a squad at the same time though.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, October 2, 2019, 1:00pm; Reply: 6
Futchers
Posted by: AdamHaddock, October 2, 2019, 1:16pm; Reply: 7
Did that Lukic kid ever make an appearance for us?
Posted by: Abdul19, October 2, 2019, 1:44pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Did that Lukic kid ever make an appearance for us?

Nope (so bad we brought a keeper in on trial to play pre-season friendlies)
Posted by: jock dock tower, October 2, 2019, 2:23pm; Reply: 9
There was also the Worthington dynasty, Dave at Town, Bob at Notts County and Frank at Leicester, and dozens of other clubs of course. Dave's son Gary played a couple of hundred lower league games and scored 50 plus goals. Worthington E was a staple of mine in my youth as well!
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 2, 2019, 9:24pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from jock dock tower
There was also the Worthington dynasty, Dave at Town, Bob at Notts County and Frank at Leicester, and dozens of other clubs of course. Dave's son Gary played a couple of hundred lower league games and scored 50 plus goals. Worthington E was a staple of mine in my youth as well!

Me too Jock. ;D

There were the Liddles. Malcolm Partridge & son -. Scott started as a junior with us then emigrated to Bradford.

Posted by: Abdul19, October 2, 2019, 9:52pm; Reply: 11
Christian and Michael Jolley
Posted by: Maringer, October 2, 2019, 10:15pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Abdul19
Christian and Michael Jolley

And they look spookily alike too, just like the Green brothers.
Posted by: LH, October 2, 2019, 10:23pm; Reply: 13
Who could forget Russell and Steve Slade?
Posted by: WesternMariner, October 2, 2019, 10:51pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from LH

Who would want to remember em?
Posted by: jock dock tower, October 3, 2019, 10:40am; Reply: 15
Quoted from LH

....and Noddy Holder.
Posted by: Perkins, October 3, 2019, 10:49am; Reply: 16
Clarrie and Dereck Williams
Posted by: jamesgtfc, October 3, 2019, 10:55am; Reply: 17
Russell Slade and Glen Downey.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 3, 2019, 8:53pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Perkins
Clarrie and Dereck Williams

Russell Slade and Charlie Williams
Posted by: monkeyboy, October 4, 2019, 7:40am; Reply: 19
Emsons?
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, October 5, 2019, 1:08pm; Reply: 20