Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Trickytrev, September 27, 2019, 1:46pm
The latest on the SLO changes from the club. Is there a wind of change coming from the club?

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/september/further-improvement-to-fan-engagement-announced/

Looking forward to hearing some views on this.
Posted by: AussieMariner, September 27, 2019, 2:19pm; Reply: 1
Welcome back Kristine
You took very poor treatment with good grace and the fact you are prepared to come back in a shared role shows a lot of character
We fans are lucky to have you
Posted by: forza ivano, September 27, 2019, 2:26pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from AussieMariner
Welcome back Kristine
You took very poor treatment with good grace and the fact you are prepared to come back in a shared role shows a lot of character
We fans are lucky to have you

I can only echo those sentiments. thanks are also due to the Trust  whom I'm guessing were also instrumental in this. All these little bits of good news, it's almost as if there is a new regime atBP.......
Posted by: moosey_club, September 27, 2019, 2:35pm; Reply: 3
Beep beep beep... club reversing....beep beep beep club reversing...
Fking embarrassing ...... bin Kristine off for being too "supporter" minded and replace her with 2 ghosts in the post who as far as I could tell as a supporter did next to fck all for our support.
Nick Dale fcks up even further in the meantime and "suddenly" the club realises the SLO role is actually important and the only person who did a decent job at it in the first place is now recognized.

Welcome back Kristine...hope you are allowed to thrive in the role you were excelling at previously.

USLO

Posted by: Posh Harry, September 27, 2019, 4:06pm; Reply: 4
As others have said, welcome back Kristine. Did a great job before.
Posted by: Croxton, September 27, 2019, 4:38pm; Reply: 5
Good news. Your understanding of what makes a safe and enjoyable away trip has been missed. Club details for away fixtures have improved but 'misunderstandings' like Oldham can be avoided with tactful communication between clubs.
Posted by: codcheeky, September 27, 2019, 5:33pm; Reply: 6
Best signing of the season
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 27, 2019, 6:44pm; Reply: 7
If she’d been appointed before the Chelsea game she’d have had the A1 sorted out and we’d all have been back by 2. 😉

But genuinely, welcome back Kristine. 😄😄
Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 27, 2019, 7:17pm; Reply: 8
However it’s happened, it’s a huge positive for me. Kristine was great last time.

Also think the family thing is a real positive, noticed the stuff for kids at games recently has been ramped right up.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, September 27, 2019, 8:22pm; Reply: 9
Genuine question
What does she do
Why was she replaced
Why will it be better now
Look forward to the new breath of optimism running around the club.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, September 27, 2019, 9:45pm; Reply: 10
To add to this positive change (or reversion), good that the Club have realised the errors of their ways.  Wrong in the first place and it took time, but they have at least got the right result eventually.  We need quality people.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 27, 2019, 10:12pm; Reply: 11
About f*****g time, should have never been pushed away IMHO.

Good person who really cares and is GTFC to the core 🙂
Posted by: toontown, September 27, 2019, 10:21pm; Reply: 12
Better late than never by the club. Welcome back Kristine.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 27, 2019, 10:33pm; Reply: 13
Welcome back Kristine!

Well done the club. Another positive step.
Posted by: Kristine, September 28, 2019, 7:45am; Reply: 14
Hahaha! I must have just been lucky in getting straight out of London and home by 2!

Quoted from Civvy at last
If she’d been appointed before the Chelsea game she’d have had the A1 sorted out and we’d all have been back by 2. 😉

But genuinely, welcome back Kristine. 😄😄

Thank you for the kind words, its good to be back and working alongside Jane who is superb with our disabled fans.

Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, September 28, 2019, 9:34am; Reply: 15
I used to work with Jane when I was a steward many years ago.  
She is a great person and her and Kristine will make an awesome team
Posted by: bluerose13x, September 28, 2019, 11:33am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Croxton
Good news. Your understanding of what makes a safe and enjoyable away trip has been missed. Club details for away fixtures have improved but 'misunderstandings' like Oldham can be avoided with tactful communication between clubs.

What "misunderstandings like Oldham" where there ?

Posted by: arryarryarry, September 28, 2019, 4:00pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Genuine question
What does she do
Why was she replaced
Why will it be better now
Look forward to the new breath of optimism running around the club.

You forgot to ask will she be playing up front?
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 28, 2019, 4:18pm; Reply: 18
Great news should never have been forced out in the first place,

BUT

Another good move by the club at last trying to be one with the fans.
Posted by: Croxton, September 28, 2019, 7:38pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from bluerose13x

What "misunderstandings like Oldham" where there ?

Oldham opted to allow fans to choose their own seat on a first come basis, similar to Walsall. In most cases this season, fans have been able to view from seats down to pitch level. Despite allowing some other clubs away fans to do this, someone decided that Grimsby should be crowded together in the rear section of the stand. If you view the highlights it looks like we just had a few fans there in the first half. Following some selfish actions by a minority of fans who walked over the seats to 'take' the space behind the goal the rest of us could then get a clear view of the pitch.
The Oldham threads give more details of some unsafe decisions by Stewards and fans. Not many clubs in League 2 take nearly a thousand away fans thus increasing matchday income. If Oldham had given prior notice of their plans, it just might have been possible to come to a compromise between cost of stewarding and fan safety.

No criticism of GTFC here. Oldham put a large number of  fans at what appeared to be an unnecessary distance from the pitch but their own fans had no such inconvenience.
Chelsea broke their own stadium rules by allowing Lower Shed fans to stand and took a light touch policy. Perhaps, it was planned or a concession to League 2 practices.
Clearly, fans should do what the home club ask. It would have taken many more stewards, and a strict 'sit according to your seat number' policy, for Oldhams  plan to have stood a chance.
I wonder if the Oldham SLO spoke to Morecambe and Walsall?
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, September 29, 2019, 12:44am; Reply: 20
I thought that the Chelsea stewards were very good.  Joined in the good atmosphere.

We asked one why so many?  He said that away fans are normally capped at 3,000.

We grossly exceeded that number.  As a new visiting club, we  also represented an unknown risk.
Hence the large numbers of stewards.
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, September 29, 2019, 6:08am; Reply: 21
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
I thought that the Chelsea stewards were very good.  Joined in the good atmosphere.

We grossly exceeded that number.  As a new visiting club, we  also represented an unknown risk.

Not sure a certain Stadium Manager would agree with you there.  ;D
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 29, 2019, 8:45am; Reply: 22
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

They appeared efficient but unobtrusive. That’s the way it should be. It’s also good that the one you spoke to could answer your question rather than just grunt an ‘I dunno’.
Posted by: rancido, September 29, 2019, 11:38am; Reply: 23
Quoted from Croxton

Oldham opted to allow fans to choose their own seat on a first come basis, similar to Walsall. In most cases this season, fans have been able to view from seats down to pitch level. Despite allowing some other clubs away fans to do this, someone decided that Grimsby should be crowded together in the rear section of the stand. If you view the highlights it looks like we just had a few fans there in the first half. Following some selfish actions by a minority of fans who walked over the seats to 'take' the space behind the goal the rest of us could then get a clear view of the pitch.
The Oldham threads give more details of some unsafe decisions by Stewards and fans. Not many clubs in League 2 take nearly a thousand away fans thus increasing matchday income. If Oldham had given prior notice of their plans, it just might have been possible to come to a compromise between cost of stewarding and fan safety.

No criticism of GTFC here. Oldham put a large number of  fans at what appeared to be an unnecessary distance from the pitch but their own fans had no such inconvenience.
Chelsea broke their own stadium rules by allowing Lower Shed fans to stand and took a light touch policy. Perhaps, it was planned or a concession to League 2 practices.
Clearly, fans should do what the home club ask. It would have taken many more stewards, and a strict 'sit according to your seat number' policy, for Oldhams  plan to have stood a chance.
I wonder if the Oldham SLO spoke to Morecambe and Walsall?

Didn't know they were still on the go!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 29, 2019, 3:27pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from rancido

Didn't know they were still on the go!

We played all the right teams. Not necessarily in the right order.   :)
Posted by: fishboyUTM, September 30, 2019, 7:17am; Reply: 25
Didn't the club lose some sort of customer accreditation recently?
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 3:06pm