Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: marinernige, September 26, 2019, 1:47pm
So after our big night out it's back to the 'bread and butter' on Saturday ,who's going? and are many making a weekend of it.I'm heading down on Friday ,staying in Taunton ,train down to Exeter Saturday .
Posted by: forza ivano, September 26, 2019, 1:56pm; Reply: 1
me n the wife. staying in seaton/beer ,was looking forward to our autumn beak, but doesn't look like the weather is going to be very kind to us
Posted by: Mariner_09, September 26, 2019, 2:03pm; Reply: 2
I don’t hold out much hope for Saturday. They’re top of the league, we’ll have to spend another 18 hours on a bus before we get there, we were out on our feet having played on Wednesday and we’re due a loss there after last season.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, September 26, 2019, 2:51pm; Reply: 3
2 from Grantham, on the train again.
Posted by: gtfckyle, September 26, 2019, 4:36pm; Reply: 4
Anyone got a view on where's best to park?
Posted by: jaygy, September 26, 2019, 4:58pm; Reply: 5
I'm here now, staying near Dawlish, weather is terrible
Posted by: lukeo, September 26, 2019, 5:36pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from gtfckyle
Anyone got a view on where's best to park?

Parking is terrible for Exeter. I park in or near the small car park on the maain roundabout 2 minutes from the ground. If you come down past Morrisons and head down that very long road, when you get to the round about (after a couple of traffic lights) turn left and left again.
Posted by: Teestogreen, September 26, 2019, 5:57pm; Reply: 7
Well - Mr Jolley needs to understand that Exeter are very much like Crewe. They have 2 very lively wingers in L. Martin and Williams. (I saw these at Carlisle and they are fit, nimble and tricky).

So - starve the supply to these guys and we're in the game.

After the pummelling at Chelsea this is a huge ask.

UTM
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, September 26, 2019, 9:49pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from jaygy
I'm here now, staying near Dawlish, weather is terrible

Ooh you may have already visited but one of my favourite pubs in the whole country is not too far a walk away:

http://www.anchorinncockwood.com/

Ship Inn around the corner is pretty good too. Then there's the Atmospheric Railway Inn further along the river towards Exeter. I walked from Exeter to Dawlish and was three sheets to the wind by the time I got there so no real idea of decent pubs in Dawlish, so any input welcome !

Posted by: Abdul19, September 26, 2019, 9:52pm; Reply: 9
At least Cook and Robson will be fresh, after being rested last night!
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), September 27, 2019, 12:19pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Abdul19
At least Cook and Robson will be fresh, after being rested last night!

And Waterfall.

Still a massive ask though. Not expecting anything from this.
Posted by: forza ivano, September 27, 2019, 2:28pm; Reply: 11
He could bring rose in as well, which would 4 out of the 10 outfield players being fresh
Posted by: Gaffer58, September 27, 2019, 4:25pm; Reply: 12
That's my thoughts on why certain players didn't get on, maybe Mr Jolley was already planning for Saturday.
Posted by: Bigdog, September 27, 2019, 5:39pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from forza ivano
me n the wife. staying in seaton/beer ,was looking forward to our autumn beak, but doesn't look like the weather is going to be very kind to us

Indoor snorting ban in Seaton/Beer?
Posted by: Mayaman, September 28, 2019, 4:13am; Reply: 14
Although , route 1 worked for our goal at Chelsea, we need to play the ball on the deck a bit more.  We got a point at Oldham because we changed our game plan.  If they play like Crewe, the lads need to keep possession because they were quality.  If they'd had a decent striker we'd have been in for a drubbing. Exeter are unbeaten but I think we can snatch a draw.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, September 28, 2019, 5:59am; Reply: 15
Just about to leave for Exeter, First train of the day the 6.40 to Kings Cross...

Safe journey's everyone.
Posted by: lukeo, September 28, 2019, 7:06am; Reply: 16
Good luck everyone travelling down here today. My closest game but sadly I can't make it!
If you're early Exeter city centre is worth a visit, usually have some nice continental food stalls right in the centre, not to mention nandos, wagamamas etc etc. Fanzone is worth a visit at the ground if the weather isn't too bad also... Parking wise, once you're near the ground there is a nice little car park right next to the roundabout, filla up quickly usually. Failing that even closer a school used to open their gates for parking for a small price (not sure if they still do, haven't been for a couple of years)
Utm
Posted by: lukeo, September 28, 2019, 7:07am; Reply: 17
Oh And for anyone here for the weekend.. My town, Wellington (2 junctions up) have a carnival tonight which starts at 7pm, or even better Bridgwater have a really good fayre on today.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, September 28, 2019, 8:12am; Reply: 18
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Just about to leave for Exeter, First train of the day the 6.40 to Kings Cross...

Safe journey's everyone.

Breakfast at O'Neils Kings Cross now, then bus to Paddington.

Posted by: marinernige, September 28, 2019, 9:43am; Reply: 19
After a horrendous journey down yesterday afternoon me and the mrs finally arrived in Taunton (seven hours) I hope the teams journey wasn't as bad. Some bright skys at the moment ,getting the train down to Exeter mid morning , into Wetherspoons by St. David's .utm
Posted by: rancido, September 28, 2019, 12:25pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from forza ivano

I had a great holiday in Beer many years ago. I stayed in a cottage at the top of the main street, right opposite a chippy. Every evening we would walk down to the beach having a drink in every pub on the way, 4 I think. Then each pub on the way back with supper from the chippy - perfick!!!
Posted by: chaos33, September 28, 2019, 12:52pm; Reply: 21
Ogbu could be back too.
If they play wingers I’d be tempted to partly match them and play Max Wright to try to occupy them. I’d defo start Robson, Cook and Waterfall too. Probably take out Clifton and Whitehouse. I’d be happy with a point today pre-match, but I see this being a defeat.
Posted by: MaccasBoots, September 28, 2019, 1:26pm; Reply: 22
What pub are town fans in? Currently we're in bowling green, but thinking of going to st Anne's well, as it's mostly exeter fans in here
Posted by: lukeo, September 28, 2019, 1:56pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from MaccasBoots
What pub are town fans in? Currently we're in bowling green, but thinking of going to st Anne's well, as it's mostly exeter fans in here

Fanzones a nice atmosphere at the ground
Posted by: forza ivano, September 28, 2019, 2:07pm; Reply: 24
Started in the white hart, but wasnt v good ( christ knows how it ever made it into the good beer guide) much better is the wetherspoons meeting house opp.on south street.just chewing on a 6.6 per cent beauty for £2.20! Beautiful old church convrrsion
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 4:23pm