Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, September 23, 2019, 7:06am
Please enter your nomination for last week (within the world of football)....
Posted by: jimgtfc, September 23, 2019, 7:35am; Reply: 1
4th official, Referee, Salford. Not sure who was more at fault
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, September 23, 2019, 8:09am; Reply: 2
Steven Meredith [4th Official]

Police Officer at Nottinghamshire Police & Select Group 2 Assistant Referee at PGMOL
From Nottingham, United Kingdom
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, September 23, 2019, 8:51am; Reply: 3
4th official at Salford
Posted by: Croxton, September 23, 2019, 9:00am; Reply: 4
Meredith
Posted by: Madeleymariner, September 23, 2019, 9:09am; Reply: 5
Matt Green for barging into the wall at Salford.   I await the red crosses :)
Posted by: Ipswin, September 23, 2019, 9:24am; Reply: 6
Matt Green for me and every other person who doesn't know the rules and attacks the 4th official because he did
Posted by: GrimRob, September 23, 2019, 9:50am; Reply: 7
The 4th official for setting an unwelcome precedent (managers now know there is hope appealing to him and his colleagues on the touchline).
Posted by: Hagrid, September 23, 2019, 10:36am; Reply: 8
VAR
Posted by: jimgtfc, September 23, 2019, 10:41am; Reply: 9
Interesting watching match of the day at the weekend and a couple of free kicks taken that had attacking players interfering with the wall.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 23, 2019, 11:20am; Reply: 10
Salford 4th official he has started something that will only cause more trouble for the managers players and fans.

Chaos awaits every time the fans or bench see a foul or think they have seen a foul when a player scores a goal.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, September 23, 2019, 1:49pm; Reply: 11
The referee at Salford...

If he'd got things right in the first place, he would have disallowed the "goal" on what he saw

He had a perfect view of things, awarded the goal, then went back on his decision.

He and not the 4th official was responsible for all the confusion and frustration imho
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 23, 2019, 2:22pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
The referee at Salford...

If he'd got things right in the first place, he would have disallowed the "goal" on what he saw

He had a perfect view of things, awarded the goal, then went back on his decision.

He and not the 4th official was responsible for all the confusion and frustration imho

But the whole point surely is that in his opinion the goal was valid. OK, by the strict interpretation of the laws he missed Green's misdemeanour but in most games in all leagues the goal would have stood. Where I do think the referee was wrong was in not telling the 4th official to mind his own business, or told him that is all well and good but there are many many mistakes in a game of football by refs, linesmen, players. Are we going to "rectify" them all or just the ones that curry favour with the opposition bench?
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, September 23, 2019, 5:36pm; Reply: 13

But the whole point surely is that in his opinion the goal was valid. OK, by the strict interpretation of the laws he missed Green's misdemeanour but in most games in all leagues the goal would have stood. Where I do think the referee was wrong was in not telling the 4th official to mind his own business, or told him that is all well and good but there are many many mistakes in a game of football by refs, linesmen, players. Are we going to "rectify" them all or just the ones that curry favour with the opposition bench?

I played around with someone's video and managed to get a frame showing the referee looking directly at the free kick and the wall and he had an unobstructed view of proceedings and saw everything as the kick was being taken

He decided there and then he was happy with Cook "scoring" and we all assumed it was a goal - there was no reason to think otherwise until the fourth official / Salford bench pointed out Green's misdemeanour

It wasn't that the referee didn't see something going on that others did... I repeat he saw the whole incident so to me it seems he had either just forgotten about the changes to the attacking teams proximity in the wall or never knew in the first place, so in my eyes, the referee really didn't know what he was doing.  

TOTW without a doubt for me.... unless someone can change my mind about my decision  ;)

Posted by: promotion plaice, September 24, 2019, 9:51pm; Reply: 14

4th official Salford but "The Boys Paddock" came a close second.
Posted by: sydney, September 24, 2019, 9:58pm; Reply: 15
Salford
Disgrace
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 4:43pm