Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: forza ivano, September 14, 2019, 12:15pm
Landlord of my local ran a bar in Kensington as well as being a Chelsea fan. He suggests the following bars. The Sporting Page in Camera Place, Hollywood Arms in Hollywood Road, the Chelsea Tap on Farm Lane, the Scarsdale Arms off Marlowes Road Earls Court and the Famous 3 Kings in West Kensington on North End Road. Hope I've got this right as I wrote the info down during a rather long session , and hope it's useful info
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 15, 2019, 4:37pm; Reply: 1
Thanks for that.  Won't be getting there till about 6 so only time for a couple of pints in each. :) :) :) :) :)
Posted by: Poojah, September 15, 2019, 6:20pm; Reply: 2
I know the area a little bit as I seem to work in London far more than I would like these days. Some of those you’ve mentioned are decent boozers but they are a good walk from the ground - probably around 20 - 30 mins on average.

I know a couple of Chelsea season ticket holders through work and they advise that there’s literally nowhere close to the ground where away fans can drink - at least en masse.

Based on their advice and a little personal experience of the surrounding area, my recommendation is Earl’s Court. Anyone coming in via the train / tube will have to change here to Fulham Broadway which is a stone’s throw from Stamford Bridge - it’s literally a two minute ride between the two stations and is probably the quickest way to get a beer even if you’re already at the ground (other than heading in and paying stadium prices for flat beer in a plastic cup).

There are three pubs literally right outside Earl’s Court tube station - the Courtfield, The Blackbird and the Prince of Teck, all of which are decent. I’m told they’re regular haunts for Premier League away fans so should be capable of handling the thirst of 5,000 travelling Mariners.

There’s also a few places to grab a bite to eat there if needed. Nothing fancy, but there’s a Maccies and a KFC or Nando’s / Byron Burger if you’ve got a bit more time on your hands.

Just my thoughts based on what I know of the area and what I’ve heard of matchday customs. Unless official word suggests otherwise, don’t expect to enjoy a beer anywhere close to the ground.

Posted by: Heisenberg, September 16, 2019, 11:42am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Poojah
I know the area a little bit as I seem to work in London far more than I would like these days. Some of those you’ve mentioned are decent boozers but they are a good walk from the ground - probably around 20 - 30 mins on average.

I know a couple of Chelsea season ticket holders through work and they advise that there’s literally nowhere close to the ground where away fans can drink - at least en masse.

Based on their advice and a little personal experience of the surrounding area, my recommendation is Earl’s Court. Anyone coming in via the train / tube will have to change here to Fulham Broadway which is a stone’s throw from Stamford Bridge - it’s literally a two minute ride between the two stations and is probably the quickest way to get a beer even if you’re already at the ground (other than heading in and paying stadium prices for flat beer in a plastic cup).

There are three pubs literally right outside Earl’s Court tube station - the Courtfield, The Blackbird and the Prince of Teck, all of which are decent. I’m told they’re regular haunts for Premier League away fans so should be capable of handling the thirst of 5,000 travelling Mariners.

There’s also a few places to grab a bite to eat there if needed. Nothing fancy, but there’s a Maccies and a KFC or Nando’s / Byron Burger if you’ve got a bit more time on your hands.

Just my thoughts based on what I know of the area and what I’ve heard of matchday customs. Unless official word suggests otherwise, don’t expect to enjoy a beer anywhere close to the ground.

That's a big help, Poojah, thanks for the info.
Posted by: jock dock tower, September 16, 2019, 1:31pm; Reply: 4
Some reasonable htoels in Earls Court at non London prices too. Got mine for less than £50. After doing quite a bit of research on the place am happy it's decent as well for that price.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 16, 2019, 1:41pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from jock dock tower
Some reasonable htoels in Earls Court at non London prices too. Got mine for less than £50. After doing quite a bit of research on the place am happy it's decent as well for that price.

Bargain Jock. Even with the parasite powder it’s still cheap 😁
Posted by: jock dock tower, September 16, 2019, 2:29pm; Reply: 6
The cockroaches have their own en suite apparently.
Posted by: Heisenberg, September 16, 2019, 2:32pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from jock dock tower

I have never, ever encountered a price like that in London.  Fair play, and good luck!!
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 16, 2019, 6:25pm; Reply: 8
Have a few pints round Earl's Court, then get the district line down to Fulham Broadway.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 16, 2019, 9:48pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Heisenberg

I have never, ever encountered a price like that in London.  Fair play, and good luck!!

Had a room overlooking Piccadilly Circus once (about 17 years ago) for about £40-50.
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 16, 2019, 10:10pm; Reply: 10
When going to I think a game against Charlton, spent a couple of nights in a small hotel down a street opposite Kings Cross for about a tenner a night many moons ago. ??)
Posted by: Rik e B, September 16, 2019, 11:07pm; Reply: 11
Sounds like a great plan Poojah
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 17, 2019, 12:33pm; Reply: 12
I remember QPR many moons ago, 8 mates staying At my gaff in Chiswick. Also included playing rugby with a loaf of bread in Sainsbury's and bumping into dopey Nigel from eastenders on the tube at Hammersmith
Posted by: mimma, September 17, 2019, 1:52pm; Reply: 13
Does anyone know how far they park the coaches from the stadium and if there are any away fan friendly pubs in the area?

Thanks in advance.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 17, 2019, 2:06pm; Reply: 14
[quote=156]Does anyone know how far they park the coaches from the stadium and if there are any away fan friendly pubs in the area?

Thanks in advance.[/quot
The pubs aren’t very friendly around SB I’d suggest drinking Earl’s Court area or Putney to the south and even then be wary
Posted by: mimma, September 17, 2019, 2:25pm; Reply: 15
Thanks for that, might just go straight to SB and have a drink there then.
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 17, 2019, 3:09pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from mimma
Thanks for that, might just go straight to SB and have a drink there then.

The irony is it will cost you nearly as much for a pint as it did to get in !!
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 10:54am