Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, September 11, 2019, 3:13pm
For 6 years we were playing some PT teams from towns and villages that we could not find on a map.  The grounds left a lot to be desired.

Now we have a respected manager, are making progress in the league and are developing our own good youth players.  We are also making money from Cup matches.

Last kseason we played a Prem team (who had won at Man City) and who had internationals playing.  10 men nearly held out for 90 mins for a replay.

This season (in Sep) we are playing a higher-profile Prem team.  Chelsea are also seeded higher in the CL than Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid.  They also have a new high-profile manager which creates publicity.

Meanwhile, our rivals are struggling for different reasons.
Posted by: Heisenberg, September 11, 2019, 3:21pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
For 6 years we were playing some PT teams from towns and villages that we could not find on a map.  The grounds left a lot to be desired.

Now we have a respected manager, are making progress in the league and are developing our own good youth players.  We are also making money from Cup matches.

Last kseason we played a Prem team (who had won at Man City) and who had internationals playing.  10 men nearly held out for 90 mins for a replay.

This season (in Sep) we are playing a higher-profile Prem team.  Chelsea are also seeded higher in the CL than Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid.  They also have a new high-profile manager which creates publicity.

Meanwhile, our rivals are struggling for different reasons.

If you're referring to Lincoln City as one of those rivals, I think to suggest they are struggling would be pushing it a bit!

But yes, we're on the up.  Just to be away from a relegation scrap is a step in the right direction.
Posted by: mariner tommy, September 11, 2019, 4:37pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Heisenberg

If you're referring to Lincoln City as one of those rivals, I think to suggest they are struggling would be pushing it a bit!

But yes, we're on the up.  Just to be away from a relegation scrap is a step in the right direction.

I would suggest he’s referring to Scunthorpe

UTM
Posted by: Heisenberg, September 11, 2019, 6:03pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from mariner tommy

I would suggest he’s referring to Scunthorpe

UTM

Well yes, but the post does sound like it’s referring to the lot of them, as we do have 3 local rivals.
Posted by: oochiad, September 11, 2019, 8:36pm; Reply: 4
I thought the Scunts tbf.......
Posted by: LH, September 11, 2019, 10:11pm; Reply: 5
We’ve had an OK start to the season (better than expected and time will tell how good it’s been later on) and we’ve managed to get lucky in a cup draw. Scunny have dropped and we’ve stayed at the same level for three years. Let’s not get carried away.
Posted by: Garth, September 11, 2019, 10:37pm; Reply: 6
I said after watching Tuesdays game that we are still a long way from a promotion team, unless we use the January window to our advantage.
Posted by: Rik e B, September 11, 2019, 11:08pm; Reply: 7
Yeah let's not get carried away, we seem to be doing certain things right but I'm sure plenty of times this Season we will see that we far from the finished article!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 11, 2019, 11:22pm; Reply: 8
Still early days but a better start than most of us expected. Keeping my feet firmly on the ground. Or trying to.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 2:39am