Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GollyGTFC, September 11, 2019, 2:05pm
[url=https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/lawyer-who-failed-notts-county-3307367]Click Here[/url]

Discuss
Posted by: GollyGTFC, September 11, 2019, 2:12pm; Reply: 1
The company he set up to try and buy Notts County was renamed yesterday from “Meadow Lane Project Linited” to “Blundell Park Project Limited”

[url=https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11964274]Click Here[/url]
Posted by: Rik e B, September 11, 2019, 2:16pm; Reply: 2
🤔 Don't like the fact there a fraudster in their midst, I'd prefer Shutes for his vision and probably Fenty who at least a trustworthy steady hand. Need to know more
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, September 11, 2019, 2:16pm; Reply: 3
AH lets use this one, better title!

The part about the convicted fraudster changing his name and being part of the consortium that tried to be County is erm...interesting.

I assume he would still be connected with this guy?
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, September 11, 2019, 2:22pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Rik e B
🤔 Don't like the fact there a fraudster in their midst, I'd prefer Shutes for his vision and probably Fenty who at least a trustworthy steady hand. Need to know more

Slade is involved?  ;D
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 11, 2019, 2:24pm; Reply: 5
I'm sure JF will show plenty of diligence before signing the club away as has been shown with the latest Shutes takeover bid.
Posted by: Son of Cod, September 11, 2019, 2:33pm; Reply: 6
Might be worth a bit of early fan resistance. Would an online petition actually do any good? Would be nice for the club to come out and make a statement (ideally distancing themselves), but that's probably not gonna happen.
Posted by: ska face, September 11, 2019, 2:39pm; Reply: 7
Think he was also involved in the ill-fated Wamdue Project.

Must steer clear.
Posted by: Heisenberg, September 11, 2019, 3:11pm; Reply: 8
Maybe this might move things along at a faster pace?  All of a sudden we've potentially got TWO interested parties, and TWO possible stadium sites!  It's scarcely believable, but could we actually be on the brink of this club actually moving forward?!
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 11, 2019, 3:34pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from ska face
Think he was also involved in the ill-fated Wamdue Project.

Must steer clear.

Indeed. They should have never got rid of Andrew Ridgely

Taxi  :B  :B  :B
Posted by: Rik e B, September 11, 2019, 4:42pm; Reply: 10
I've every faith in Fenty not passing the batton on to a crooked consortium, hopefully it gees up Shutes & Co. knowing there are rival bidders.
Posted by: psgmariner, September 11, 2019, 4:55pm; Reply: 11
https://www.facebook.com/209986782515627/posts/john-fenty-has-rejected-claims-that-solicitor-colin-dodd-is-looking-to-put-a-bid/1303878426459785/

Non starter
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 11, 2019, 8:55pm; Reply: 12
Absolutely not. The guy obviously keeps bad company. Give me John Sheldon Fenty any day over those types.
Posted by: Trickytrev, September 11, 2019, 9:04pm; Reply: 13
It would appear that Mr Fenty knows nothing about a new bid. But he gives a bit more info on the current state of play.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/grimsby-town-takeover-john-fenty-3309651
Posted by: Abdul19, September 11, 2019, 9:37pm; Reply: 14
*Shelton (Sheldon is a scientist)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 11, 2019, 9:43pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Abdul19
*Shelton (Sheldon is a scientist)

Are you saying he isn't one? Shame on you. Typical Fenty knocker.
Posted by: Heisenberg, September 11, 2019, 9:52pm; Reply: 16
Talk about dragging on. I am assuming that Shutes is struggling to raise the funds. The last thing he wants is to be the owner but stuck in the relic that is Blundell Park, I suppose. He needs serious money to build that new ground.
Posted by: Rik e B, September 11, 2019, 11:06pm; Reply: 17
"We have been working with Tom Shutes to acquire the football club."

🤔

Perhaps its more putting together the grand masterplan intertwining the Greater Grimsby Project and the Club et al than simply a struggle to find an extra few hundred K.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, September 12, 2019, 12:24am; Reply: 18
Even the vehement among us (me included) regarding GYFR vacating the boardroom and new faces coming in, would be very sceptical of this type of acquisition.

No connection to the club or town, a string of failed club ventures behind them, god knows what business plan, and the use of shady front companies. No thanks.

As much as we're desperate for the Shutes bid to stack up and for JSF/GYFR to move from the Directors' Box back to the terraces, recent troubles with Bury, Bolton and now coming to light at Scunny have left me pleased that GYFR is doing due diligence.  Even more reassuring is the fact that this so-called "Proof of funds" test is not about GYFR holding out for money for his own gain, but to make sure the club has a financial buffer, and presumably also to make sure that things like debt-financing and smoke-and-mirrors stadium leaseback deals aren't part of the plan.

I think we all need to just keep being patient.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, September 12, 2019, 7:28am; Reply: 19
Don’t know about everyone else but I’ve just about forgotten about the takeover- enjoying a semi decent season with matters on the pitch being fairly enjoyable 👍👍
Posted by: A Brace Of Tees, September 12, 2019, 12:27pm; Reply: 20
Although Fenty has received his fair share of justified criticism on this site, we still need to be wary of predators who know f*ck all about this club. Leyton Orient, Blackpool and Notts County are all recent examples of power-seeking egomaniacs who pi*s a 100 years of history up against the wall.
Posted by: SomeSanity, September 12, 2019, 4:28pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from A Brace Of Tees
Although Fenty has received his fair share of justified criticism on this site, we still need to be wary of predators who know f*ck all about this club. Leyton Orient, Blackpool and Notts County are all recent examples of power-seeking egomaniacs who pi*s a 100 years of history up against the wall.

By the looks of it you can add Scunny to thast list.  ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 12, 2019, 9:40pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from A Brace Of Tees

I don't think anyone has suggested that he does sell it to the first robber-baron that comes along.
Posted by: moosey_club, September 13, 2019, 5:08pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from SomeSanity

By the looks of it you can add Scunny to thast list.  ;)

well if anyone gave a fck about them you could ..   ;D....but that is one example i am finding highly amusing..great work PH.  
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 13, 2019, 9:32pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I don't think anyone has suggested that he does sell it to the first robber-baron that comes along.

Who's red-crossing this? Have we got robber-barons in our midst?
Posted by: Fishy clapper, September 14, 2019, 10:01am; Reply: 25
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Who's red-crossing this? Have we got robber-barons in our midst?

Plenty of rubber members
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 1:42am