Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Croxton, September 10, 2019, 11:55pm
https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/carabao-cup/11806644/grimsby-0-0-macclesfield-5-4-pens

Highlights
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, September 11, 2019, 12:18am; Reply: 1
Great save from Macca to win it.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 11, 2019, 1:10am; Reply: 2
Aye not bad
Posted by: psgmariner, September 11, 2019, 7:46am; Reply: 3
Max Wright's goal would've been so good. He really livened up what was a quite boring game.
Posted by: Spatchcock, September 11, 2019, 9:27am; Reply: 4
Fantastic run by Max Wright. Unlucky he didn't score.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, September 11, 2019, 10:15am; Reply: 5
That run by Max Wright was superb, so unlucky not to score there 👍
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, September 11, 2019, 9:23pm; Reply: 6
If Max had scored after that superb solo run beating FIVE players we would have talked about that for years. What a phenominal piece of individual skill.

Yeah he could have squared it for Hanson to tap in but who could blame him for going for glory.

He is so talented hope he keeps it up.
Posted by: chaos33, September 11, 2019, 9:25pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
If Max had scored after that superb solo run beating FIVE players we would have talked about that for years. What a phenominal piece of individual skill.

Yeah he could have squared it for Hason to tap in but who could blame him for going for glory.

He is so talented hope he keeps it up.

This
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, September 12, 2019, 12:03am; Reply: 8
If you have the GTFC App, it's well worth re-watching the penalties with the JT/Sir Alan commentary.  Much better than the generic dubbed rubbish that normally ends up on there.

And while we're at it, is John Moore still doing his videos?  Having said that, I think it would be great to hear his understudy Graham giving a typically excitable reaction to the winning save.  "McKeown saves it.  And Town Win."

I think nearly all supporters would rather have clips with him on them than the shuffling papers and background noise of the recorded commentary.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, September 12, 2019, 12:24am; Reply: 9
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
If you have the GTFC App, it's well worth re-watching the penalties with the JT/Sir Alan commentary.  Much better than the generic dubbed rubbish that normally ends up on there.

And while we're at it, is John Moore still doing his videos?  Having said that, I think it would be great to hear his understudy Graham giving a typically excitable reaction to the winning save.  "McKeown saves it.  And Town Win."

I think nearly all supporters would rather have clips with him on them than the shuffling papers and background noise of the recorded commentary.

Is that available on free view with JT/AB commentary mate? I can only seem to find the ones with the generic commentator.
Posted by: RichMariner, September 12, 2019, 9:39am; Reply: 10

Absolutely. I've been hoping the club can upload the highlights from the GTFC video crew because I'd much rather watch their edits of the match than the drivel iFollow churn out. I'm sure they're up there on the gantry every match.

(To be fair to Graham, he does occasionally come out with: "Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant."!)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 12, 2019, 9:42pm; Reply: 11

What app?
Posted by: Croxton, September 12, 2019, 10:25pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from KingstonMariner

What app?

On OS, click 'iFollow' then Mobile App below latest videos.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 12, 2019, 10:52pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Croxton

On OS, click 'iFollow' then Mobile App below latest videos.

Ah, cheers C. I think I'll pass on that given all I seem to hear are bad comments about iFollow. Or is that the wrong impression?
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 13, 2019, 8:56am; Reply: 14

I've got the App but I can't see any other videos apart from the ones that are on the OS which are just the iFollow commentary.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, September 13, 2019, 8:58am; Reply: 15
I think its good for 4.49 a month - I listen to the games that I can't attend and then you can watch the whole match back whenever you want - just for those two reasons its worth it - I mean what does 4.49 get you now days?? I might just get a pint for that round here!!  :-/
Posted by: Croxton, September 13, 2019, 9:00am; Reply: 16
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Ah, cheers C. I think I'll pass on that given all I seem to hear are bad comments about iFollow. Or is that the wrong impression?

Not had any problems so far but I haven't watched a game live yet. I wavered over the value considering so much goes to freeview. I assume though, that I at least get the full match playback as part of my £45 sub. The EFL highlights are free anyhow. Bit like my Senior railcard last year. Didn't know until the end of the season if the £30 fee had been worth it .

I did have an issue though with the minimal highlights of reserve and Youth games on the OS last year.
Posted by: buckstown, September 13, 2019, 9:08am; Reply: 17
I watched the Colchester game on ifollow and the quality was fine (not the game itself, that was cack) and JT and Buckley were commentating.
Only comment is that it cost £10 and you can get a sky day pass for £8.95 and watch a premier league game. Having said that you'll be supporting GTFC financially which is good
I-follow highlights are appalling, dubbed commentary and it freezes all the time. I understand other people have the same issue as I thought it was my antique laptop at first. As previous poster commented it's ok for £45 a year
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 13, 2019, 9:32pm; Reply: 18
Cheers lads. I've been swayed in the past by all the comments about poor sound/losing commentary/getting the Scunny comentary or whatever. I need to stop being a tight get.  ;D
Posted by: psgmariner, September 15, 2019, 6:50am; Reply: 19
My only gripe with I follow commentary is the lag. The app sends me a notification of a goal (or someone tells me we’ve scored) whilst I’m listening to us about to take a corner or something! Kind of ruins the fun.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, September 15, 2019, 8:40am; Reply: 20
I hear you on that on!! If I’m ever listening to the town commentary I have to turn off all town related notifications - like you said it kind of spoils the fun!

If I’m not listening to the commentary and out and about or even at the game I’ll turn them back on
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 3:12pm