Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), September 10, 2019, 10:50am
Hi all, I went to the KCOM Stadium,(yuk: spit) last night and it was a real pleasure to watch those young lads play.  We have a wealth of talent there and they are technically very good, patient in possession then quick in making the right run, and quick to make the right pass.

It was nice to see the ball played on the ground for most of the game, crisp and accurate passes, and excellent running off the ball.  England always had a option or two to pass to, especially the No 2, whose name I forget, but his intelligent running and pace, plus a fantastic goal line tackle, which left him injured and had to leave the field, earned him the MoM.

Foden scored the 2 goals, his class standing out, but others in the team had excellent matches too.

It was a great evening out with my wife and two sons, and I have to say in a very nice stadium, with a pristine pitch for the teams to play on.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 10, 2019, 10:55am; Reply: 1
I also went, was impressed with foden who looked a clas above, kosovo had some good players, the winger was superb.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), September 10, 2019, 11:12am; Reply: 2
I forgot to add that I was very impressed with the security people, both inside and outside the ground.  As we were walking along to gain entrance to the East stand, 1 guy popped out because he saw I had a walking stick, and with a nice smile asked if I needed any help.  Also once inside at the turnstiles, another security person saw I was disabled and pointed me to another entrance that would be much easier for me to gain access.  Well pleased.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, September 10, 2019, 11:18am; Reply: 3
Do we know why Hendo didnt play?
Posted by: pizzzza, September 10, 2019, 11:47am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Do we know why Hendo didnt play?

He is not under 21.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, September 10, 2019, 11:54am; Reply: 5
Sure he played in the recent Euro's  :-/

Next step for him will be the Seniors then - be ace if he makes it
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 10, 2019, 12:36pm; Reply: 6

I assume the Euro U21 tournament he played in was last season's eligibility whereas he's not eligible this season.
Posted by: Heisenberg, September 10, 2019, 12:38pm; Reply: 7

It’s all about how old you are at the beginning of a campaign. The finals this summer had some players who were nearly 23.

I don’t think Hendo is eligible now.
Posted by: mimma, September 10, 2019, 2:01pm; Reply: 8
Has he been promoted to the U23s?

England like to promote young players rather than keep "older" players in the squad like some countries do.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, September 10, 2019, 2:38pm; Reply: 9
Thought it was U21's and then the next step is senior squad  :-/
Posted by: Maringer, September 10, 2019, 3:10pm; Reply: 10
We haven't had an Under-23s team since 1976, so I hope not!

Are you showing your age?  :)
Posted by: mimma, September 10, 2019, 3:30pm; Reply: 11

my apologises, I hadn't realised that we don't have an U 23 team anymore.

I try to find out as much as I can, but the BBC website will give results of every tinpot league in the world, and every women's result imaginable, but England youth teams are completely ignored. The political correctness of the BBC means that Welsh, Irish Scottish Highland leagues, as well as all woman's football must come before England youth teams.
Posted by: Maringer, September 10, 2019, 4:52pm; Reply: 12
I can understand them all but ignoring the youth teams, but I agree, it does seem strange that the Under-21s barely seem to get a mention.
Posted by: Perkins, September 10, 2019, 5:26pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from 123614
I forgot to add that I was very impressed with the security people, both inside and outside the ground.  As we were walking along to gain entrance to the East stand, 1 guy popped out because he saw I had a walking stick, and with a nice smile asked if I needed any help.  Also once inside at the turnstiles, another security person saw I was disabled and pointed me to another entrance that would be much easier for me to gain access.  Well pleased.

Absolute chaos In the car park though, like wacky races trying to get out. . No stewards to assist getting out although there were plenty  taking your money getting in. Ridiculous system. I would t want that experience every match day. Very enjoyable game though.Foden and Davies are class.  £4.20 for a sausage roll,  but it was a twelve incher.
Posted by: gobby, September 10, 2019, 5:31pm; Reply: 14
Really enjoyed the game and atmosphere. The seating is bloody awful! Don’t mind a bit of tightness but if you are over 6ft then you are more than likely to be sat with your knees around your ears! 😎
UTMM
Posted by: Meza, September 10, 2019, 5:54pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Maringer
We haven't had an Under-23s team since 1976, so I hope not!

Are you showing your age?  :)

I thought it was 'B' teams back then  :-/
Posted by: lee65, September 10, 2019, 6:51pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Meza

I thought it was 'B' teams back then  :-/

I think "B" Teams then were like the Reserves, and not based on an age?
Posted by: Abdul19, September 10, 2019, 7:26pm; Reply: 17
Yeah they were sporadic fixtures notable only for Matt Le Tissier's hat trick that wasn't good enough for Glenn Hoddle.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 9:05am