Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: dicko995, September 7, 2019, 2:28pm
Your #GTFC starting XI: McKeown, Hendrie, Öhman, Waterfall, Hewitt, Hessenthaler, Whitehouse, Cook, Hanson, Green, Ogbu.

Subs: Russell, Gibson, Cardwell, Vernam, Wright, Pollock, Robson.
Posted by: toontown, September 7, 2019, 2:43pm; Reply: 1
Rose not fit or has Cardwell edged him out the 18?
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 7, 2019, 2:46pm; Reply: 2

Looks good to me, come on Town
Posted by: cmackenzie4, September 7, 2019, 2:48pm; Reply: 3
Strong line up that is, we could go top today if we win.

UTM
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, September 7, 2019, 2:54pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from toontown
Rose not fit or has Cardwell edged him out the 18?

Jolley said his hamstring was still a little tight and would have to see coming into the game how he was, I@m guessing since he's not in the squad he's not ready
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, September 7, 2019, 3:13pm; Reply: 5
We need to press Crewe high and either force mistakes out of their back 4 or make them to lump it up field. We can't keep letting them pass it around at the back
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 7, 2019, 3:23pm; Reply: 6

Hanson is winning everything in the air.
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 7, 2019, 3:30pm; Reply: 7

Pen for us
Posted by: denni266, September 7, 2019, 3:32pm; Reply: 8
Missed
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, September 7, 2019, 3:33pm; Reply: 9
saved
Posted by: Stockport Mariner, September 7, 2019, 3:33pm; Reply: 10
Keeper was 2 yards off his line when it was taken, but not a good penalty.
Posted by: Meza, September 7, 2019, 3:35pm; Reply: 11
Dam...past few pens I think Hanson has gone down the middle
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 7, 2019, 3:37pm; Reply: 12

Good game between two decent teams.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, September 7, 2019, 3:46pm; Reply: 13
Anyone elses Ifollow picture quality a bit excrement today or us it mine?
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 7, 2019, 3:50pm; Reply: 14

Scunny losing again  😀
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, September 7, 2019, 3:56pm; Reply: 15
Ok first half. Pretty equal Crewe maybe edging it more then us but a bit like the Forest Green 1st half. Crewe having all the possession playing nice passig football but they're not really getting anywhere.

Ogbu is looking good again as is Hanson (except for a poor peno) whos winning just about everything in the air as usual.

Our midfield is a bit absent especially Cook only really seen and heard him 2 or 3 times all game. Maybe we'll see Robson come in for him in the 2nd half.

Back 4 solid once again and Macca hasn't had anything to really do.
Posted by: Maringer, September 7, 2019, 3:59pm; Reply: 16
Crewe are the best footballing team I've seen this season. Very comfortable passing it around and through midfield. We play a very narrow 4-3-3 and they are making use of the space available to them. That said, they've not created many chances despite some good possession in our final third and we've almost been in a few times ourselves. Green having an off day and Hanson isn't at his best either. A poor penalty.

I think we'll need to play better in the second half. Ogbu alternating between being unplayable and incapable. Needs to keep it simple in defensive areas!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 7, 2019, 3:59pm; Reply: 17
Ok first half. Pretty equal Crewe maybe edging it more then us but a bit like the Forest Green 1st half. Crewe having all the possession playing nice passig football but they're not really getting anywhere.

Ogbu is looking good again as is Hanson (except for a poor peno) whos winning just about everything in the air as usual.

Our midfield is a bit absent especially Cook only really seen and heard him 2 or 3 times all game. Maybe we'll see Robson come in for him in the 2nd half.

Back 4 solid once again and Macca hasn't had anything to really do.

That should give me comfort but it always seems to be the precursor to a hit from nowhere.  :(
Posted by: 137 (Guest), September 7, 2019, 4:01pm; Reply: 18
According to the (unreliable, I know) BBC stats, Crewe had 70% possession and no shots on target.

Good defending...
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, September 7, 2019, 4:06pm; Reply: 19
1 down
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, September 7, 2019, 4:07pm; Reply: 20
FFS right from kick off. Macca beat at his near post
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 7, 2019, 4:07pm; Reply: 21

1-0 Crewe, cue the time wasting  😧
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 7, 2019, 4:09pm; Reply: 22
Crewe the better side for me, they have better control and pass it much better than we are doing..
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 7, 2019, 4:10pm; Reply: 23
FFS right from kick off. Macca beat at his near post

What was it I was saying....

....Think I've been following Town a long time  :-/
Posted by: Kris2, September 7, 2019, 4:13pm; Reply: 24
Crewe really are one of those teams for us
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 7, 2019, 4:15pm; Reply: 25
Turn this around and win, I'll start to believe this season....
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, September 7, 2019, 4:23pm; Reply: 26
Lets get Robson or Wrght in for Cookie he's not in this game at all and we need someone new in our midfield
Posted by: denni266, September 7, 2019, 4:24pm; Reply: 27
Seem second best so far.. Is cook still on the pitch
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 7, 2019, 4:24pm; Reply: 28
Jolley needs to change the shape they’re embarrassing us in mid field
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, September 7, 2019, 4:29pm; Reply: 29
Shockig defending by Hendrie leaves Macca one on one. Goes through Maccas legs and Waterfall clears off the line
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 7, 2019, 4:31pm; Reply: 30

And what a brilliant clearance off the line it was by Waterfall.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 7, 2019, 4:38pm; Reply: 31
Macca looking distinctly dodgy with the ball at his feet, Town have run out of ideas I’m afraid
Posted by: Badger57, September 7, 2019, 4:54pm; Reply: 32
Town totally outplayed by a very impressive Crewe side. Lovely Alan Buckley triangles first half. We boot it up high into the wind second half losing any control. Very very poor by Town. Thoroughly deserved defeat.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 7, 2019, 4:55pm; Reply: 33
Beaten by a very impressive crewe. We were really poor, formation didnt work today and crewe exploited it.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 7, 2019, 4:55pm; Reply: 34
As a sergeant said to Lord Cardigan when they got back to British lines after the Charge of the Light Brigade.

“Go again sir!”
Posted by: Madeleymariner, September 7, 2019, 5:01pm; Reply: 35
Pants, outplayed and out thought, was disappointed we never had a plan B.  :o  Was only a matter of time till a keeper stood up and waited for Hansen chip his penalty in. Needed to go 442 at half time as constantly overun on the flanks. Do people remember when Town used to play like Crewe? Still in the playoffs as it stands so still happy, just need to win 2 on the road now to make up for it.
Posted by: Maringer, September 7, 2019, 5:03pm; Reply: 36
Not just the shape, we had too many players well below par. On the odd occasion we got them under a bit of pressure, it looked as though there might be a goal there, but they got the rub of the green a few times and I lost count of how many times a blocked pass or clearance went straight to one of their players. That said, they were in the front foot for much of the game so certainly deserved the win and had several very good players. We're definitely lacking a plan B if it isn't working for our front three and I don't think the options on the bench can really improve things.
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 7, 2019, 5:08pm; Reply: 37
Crewe controlled the first hour and then went up an extra gear to confirm the points, can't really complain Crewe's passing was crisp and movement both on and off the ball showing why they are up there, we need to get stuck in from the off instead of waiting for the opposition to take the lead before we switch on. Oh well at least the Scunts lost to stay bottom and now on -10 goal difference after just 7 games and losing 4 on the bounce.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 7, 2019, 5:09pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Pants, outplayed and out thought, was disappointed we never had a plan B.  :o  Was only a matter of time till a keeper stood up and waited for Hansen chip his penalty in. Needed to go 442 at half time as constantly overun on the flanks. Do people remember when Town used to play like Crewe? Still in the playoffs as it stands so still happy, just need to win 2 on the road now to make up for it.

What are you talking about he put it to the left and the keeper went the right way!?
Posted by: hampshiremariner, September 7, 2019, 5:13pm; Reply: 39
One or our bogey teams, Crewe. From a distance looking at the stats on the BBC, it looks as if Town were well beaten. Need to learn from the errors and go into the next game with resolve.
Posted by: toontown, September 7, 2019, 5:19pm; Reply: 40
Beaten by the better team, very comfortable on the ball from front to back and a good pass and move team. That said they only made it certain at the death and obviously we were unlucky with the pen. Green should have scored after good work from ogbu I think it was. Another couple of half chances too. That said only an amazing clearance from waterfall kept the score down. Overall they deserved the win but we were unlucky not to be ahead on 2 occasions and I still think we are an effective side in this league. They are probably top 3.
Posted by: oochiad, September 7, 2019, 5:20pm; Reply: 41
Bad day at the office, some players had an off day and we missed a penalty. Crewe were a good well organised team, we fell short. We move on, nothing to worry about. Lots of strange faces in the main stand, clearly there for a ticket stub? Giving the team,  especially Ogbu far to much grief than warranted, it made my blood boil!!! Onwards we go UTM!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 7, 2019, 5:26pm; Reply: 42
BBC are c.unts. Premier league not playing. No Final Score. Football stops when the Premier league stops. Arsholes
Posted by: Gaffer58, September 7, 2019, 5:43pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from KingstonMariner
BBC are c.unts. Premier league not playing. No Final Score. Football stops when the Premier league stops. Arsholes

Don't worry, on Soccer Saturday on Sky this afternoon they had someone reporting on Man City v Man Utd ladies, I bet there must have been at least 700 at the ground whatching.
Posted by: Meza, September 7, 2019, 5:52pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from Gaffer58

Don't worry, on Soccer Saturday on Sky this afternoon they had someone reporting on Man City v Man Utd ladies, I bet there must have been at least 700 at the ground whatching.

30k apparently
Posted by: Nutsy, September 7, 2019, 6:01pm; Reply: 45
Dont know what people were seeing. We were lackadaisical in play, only had one strategy in second half of hoof it aimlessly. We needed changes earlier than they were made. Ogbu looked lively but needs to work on awareness and control. Waterfall mom for me
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 7, 2019, 7:29pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from KingstonMariner

You can keep up yo date on bbc sport on the net KM
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 7, 2019, 7:33pm; Reply: 47
Ogbu should have been substituted earlier, he was losing the ball, knocking it out of play and thought he wasn't on "it" at all today.
Sometimes think Jolley needs to act quicker with his substitutions and try to change tactics in play, but I can't and won't complain, been a great start to the season and today was a bad day at the office, doubt they'll be many, if any, better footballing teams in league 2 this season..
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 7, 2019, 8:29pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from grimsby pete

You can keep up yo date on bbc sport on the net KM

Call me old fashioned Pete but I pay for a TVlicence
Posted by: Croxton, September 7, 2019, 9:19pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Ogbu should have been substituted earlier, he was losing the ball, knocking it out of play and thought he wasn't on "it" at all today.
Sometimes think Jolley needs to act quicker with his substitutions and try to change tactics in play, but I can't and won't complain, been a great start to the season and today was a bad day at the office, doubt they'll be many, if any, better footballing teams in league 2 this season..

Bit harsh to single him out when Green, Cooke, Mckeown and Whitehouse had such little impact. Crewe worked in groups, our forwards were isolated hence Ogbu closely marked.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 7, 2019, 9:22pm; Reply: 50
Hard for mckeown to have an impact from in goal
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 7, 2019, 9:28pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from Croxton

Bit harsh to single him out when Green, Cooke, Mckeown and Whitehouse had such little impact. Crewe worked in groups, our forwards were isolated hence Ogbu closely marked.

Agree, clearly their scouts did a good job on us and their manager got his plan just right. I not going to criticise any player too heavily as they’ve been great this season so far.

I’ve said it in another thread Jolley should have changed the shape at half time to provide our full backs with a bit more cover.
Posted by: Croxton, September 7, 2019, 9:38pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from Hagrid
Hard for Mckeown to have an impact from in goal

1. Improve and quicken distribution.

2. Fewer dashes out of his box.

3. Don't kneel down to shots on near post.

4. As skipper, wake up defence before second half kicks off.

5. Shorter replies to Q's on RH interviews!

Over a season, Macca is a top L2 keeper but is not immune to scrutiny like any other player.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 7, 2019, 10:34pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from Croxton

1. Improve and quicken distribution.

2. Fewer dashes out of his box.

3. Don't kneel down to shots on near post.

4. As skipper, wake up defence before second half kicks off.

5. Shorter replies to Q's on RH interviews!

Over a season, Macca is a top L2 keeper but is not immune to scrutiny like any other player.

To be fair to the defence he’s not had a busy game at home yet so he can’t be judged on his keeping form.

Today his hoofs up field where poor in fact one gave Crewe the ball to attack and score.

I do t like any keeper coming a 3rd of the way up the field to take free kicks either.

All that said I still think he’s a great keeper and an even better club man.

No need to doubt him he has saved us loads of games we owe him a lot, he’s got loads in his “good will account” and I’d take him over any keeper at this level.

Posted by: Madeleymariner, September 8, 2019, 8:40am; Reply: 54
Quoted from Hagrid

What are you talking about he put it to the left and the keeper went the right way!?

Hanson just passes the ball into the net with little power relying on the keeper going down early, Ther keeper simply waited to see which way he put it and had a v simple save to make,, even if it was a few feet to his side.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, September 8, 2019, 8:40am; Reply: 55
Quoted from Hagrid

Hanson just passes the ball into the net with little power relying on the keeper going down early, Ther keeper simply waited to see which way he put it and had a v simple save to make,, even if it was a few feet to his side.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, September 8, 2019, 8:42am; Reply: 56
I thought I'd make my point twice  :P
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 8, 2019, 11:46am; Reply: 57
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Similar to the outfield players, their keeper clearly knew Hanson's style. Again good scouting from Crewe as I assume they had us watched at Walsall.    
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), September 8, 2019, 1:00pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Similar to the outfield players, their keeper clearly knew Hanson's style. Again good scouting from Crewe as I assume they had us watched at Walsall.    

Saw an interview by the Crewe manager on Friday where he said he was aware of our weaknesses and would look to exploit them on Saturday.

Posted by: Gaffer58, September 8, 2019, 2:08pm; Reply: 59
Just whatch the way Harry Kane takes a penalty, even if the goalie gets a hand to it he isn't going to stop it.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 3:07am