Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 3, 2019, 6:41pm
Maybe tempting fate but it'll be only a tenner if we beat Macc next week.

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/september/provisional-carabao-cup-third-round-ticket-information/
Posted by: psgmariner, September 3, 2019, 6:42pm; Reply: 1
Great decision by Chelsea. Good on them. Hopefully a big crowd.
Posted by: codcheeky, September 3, 2019, 7:57pm; Reply: 2
Is it Paul Potts?
Posted by: lukeo, September 3, 2019, 8:34pm; Reply: 3
Only 4,000 though  :P
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 3, 2019, 8:48pm; Reply: 4
What is the Mariners Exile Package?
Posted by: AndyGTFC, September 3, 2019, 9:03pm; Reply: 5
So is it stubs from both games you need or just one of the two?
Posted by: Yossarian, September 3, 2019, 10:51pm; Reply: 6
Does anyone think we will shift 4,000 tickets for a Wednesday night?  I'm London based so might sneak in under a Chelsea ticket but would rather be in the Town end.  

Of course, Macclesfield are not a push over so this is all rather theoretical.  
Posted by: GrimExile, September 3, 2019, 10:57pm; Reply: 7
Yes I think we will shift our allocation and more. Those in Grimsby who want to go will take a couple of days off work and London and the Home Counties has a lot of exiles, me included!! UTM
Posted by: mariner91, September 3, 2019, 11:05pm; Reply: 8
If we beat Macc, big if, then I think we would shift 4000 quite easily. I live 5 miles away from Stamford Bridge and I'm genuinely concerned I wouldn't get a ticket.
Posted by: Yossarian, September 3, 2019, 11:05pm; Reply: 9
I hope you are right GrimExile - I always seem to recall Chelsea get a decent attendance even for crappy games against the likes of us - Palace last year were great and it makes a big difference when the home club at least has some fans there.  It is a tough sell to be fair for a mid week game against a league 2 club.  
Posted by: GrimExile, September 3, 2019, 11:41pm; Reply: 10
I agree Yossarian but it won’t be a full house whatever the circumstances, so I therefore  think that they will increase the allocation in any case if more than 4,000 want to go. #UTM
Posted by: Son of Cod, September 4, 2019, 9:35am; Reply: 11
"Subject to qualification for the next round, season ticket holders, self-select ticket (SST) and Mariners Exile (MEX) members will receive priority for tickets when they go on sale.

Any remaining tickets will be made available to those holding stubs from our Second Round tie vs. Macclesfield Town AND tickets for our Sky Bet League Two fixture vs. Crewe Alexandra.

In the unlikely event any tickets remain, Mariners Trust members will be able to purchase tickets, prior to remaining tickets being made available on general sale."

Hmmmmm, I can't see these not getting to general sale. They better do because I'm planning on going to Crewe (h), Oldham (a) and Salford (a). I'll be raging if I miss out on Chelsea because I didn't do a 400 mile round trip on a Tuesday night for a League Cup re-arranged fixture.

Of course, IF we beat Macc.
Posted by: LH, September 4, 2019, 10:10am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Son of Cod
"Subject to qualification for the next round, season ticket holders, self-select ticket (SST) and Mariners Exile (MEX) members will receive priority for tickets when they go on sale.

Any remaining tickets will be made available to those holding stubs from our Second Round tie vs. Macclesfield Town AND tickets for our Sky Bet League Two fixture vs. Crewe Alexandra.

In the unlikely event any tickets remain, Mariners Trust members will be able to purchase tickets, prior to remaining tickets being made available on general sale."

Hmmmmm, I can't see these not getting to general sale. They better do because I'm planning on going to Crewe (h), Oldham (a) and Salford (a). I'll be raging if I miss out on Chelsea because I didn't do a 400 mile round trip on a Tuesday night for a League Cup re-arranged fixture.

Of course, IF we beat Macc.

If only there was some sort of exiles scheme you could join where you would receive priority over stub holders.
Posted by: bradzmilne, September 4, 2019, 10:13am; Reply: 13
I honestly cannot see us selling anything like 4000 tickets truthfully... IF we beat Maccs
Posted by: Son of Cod, September 4, 2019, 10:16am; Reply: 14
Quoted from LH

If only there was some sort of exiles scheme you could join where you would receive priority over stub holders.

The exiles deal is pretty excrement. £149.00 for 6 tickets and then a load of extras I probably won't use. So I'm paying £30 extra than I would do buying matchday tickets in advance. I'd have thought something like the £5 a month iFollow subscription would have been more relevant to exiles, throw that in or subsidise it and I'm tempted.
Posted by: Heisenberg, September 4, 2019, 10:46am; Reply: 15
Quoted from bradzmilne
I honestly cannot see us selling anything like 4000 tickets truthfully... IF we beat Maccs

I disagreed with you at first, but actually it is a b#st#rd to get to, and on a Wednesday too.  Saturday, no problem, we'd sell as many as they're willing to give us (10,000?), but a Wednesday?  Hmmm, I'm not so sure now.  Definitely go on general sale, I'm sure of that.  Most of the older and really young ST holders probably won't go.

I always remember us taking loads to Arsenal, but North London is actually very easy to get to from up here.  West, though - nightmare.

Anyway, if truth be told, as things stand I'd say it's very much 50/50 against Macc, it could go either way.  All of this nonsense may be futile.

Posted by: Meza, September 4, 2019, 11:52pm; Reply: 16
Where is Chelsea, Kensington?

Sorry can't remember.  But if its in Kensington it's easy to get to.

Train to King's Cross
Underground piccalilli line to Kensington (6/7 stops)
Jobs a good un lol
Posted by: gobby, September 5, 2019, 2:57am; Reply: 17
Quoted from Meza

Train to King's Cross
Jobs a good un lol

Fulham Broadway is the tube station for Stamford Bridge 😎
UTMM
Posted by: Dan, September 5, 2019, 7:21am; Reply: 18
Quoted from Meza

Train to King's Cross
Jobs a good un lol

You won’t get a train home same day though, I imagine that might be a bit of an issue for some.
Posted by: jimgtfc, September 5, 2019, 7:29am; Reply: 19
I don’t see how Chelsea is that difficult to get to, much easier than Croydon area for palace away last season. Think the best way to get there would probably be by road though due to difficulties getting home, unless you’re planning on spending the night in London.

Obviously all could be irrelevant, very tough game to get through first!
Posted by: lukeo, September 5, 2019, 7:42am; Reply: 20
Gutted I won't be able to go If we beat Maccs, was hoping it would be the Tuesday night.
I guess I'll have to pay thhe same amount as you lot to watch it on my pc :p
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 5, 2019, 9:29am; Reply: 21
Quoted from gobby

Fulham Broadway is the tube station for Stamford Bridge 😎
UTMM

Yeah, Fulham Broadway just a 5-10 minute walk from Stamford Bridge.

If you were driving the tube is your best bet. Find somewhere on the edge of London, park there and get the tube in as parking near the ground is awful and nearly all the side streets within easy walking distance are residents only.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 5, 2019, 10:05am; Reply: 22
Quoted from Heisenberg

I disagreed with you at first, but actually it is a b#st#rd to get to, and on a Wednesday too.  Saturday, no problem, we'd sell as many as they're willing to give us (10,000?), but a Wednesday?  Hmmm, I'm not so sure now.  Definitely go on general sale, I'm sure of that.  Most of the older and really young ST holders probably won't go.

I always remember us taking loads to Arsenal, but North London is actually very easy to get to from up here.  West, though - nightmare.

Anyway, if truth be told, as things stand I'd say it's very much 50/50 against Macc, it could go either way.  All of this nonsense may be futile.

You’re right it is a illegitimate to get to and after the match they kettle you into Fulham Broadway if your on the tube which is not pleasant. I’d recommend parking in a side street even if it’s a good walk away
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 5, 2019, 10:19am; Reply: 23
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

You’re right it is a illegitimate to get to and after the match they kettle you into Fulham Broadway if your on the tube which is not pleasant. I’d recommend parking in a side street even if it’s a good walk away

Most of the side streets that aren't residents only have parking meters along them and it's quite pricey to park, even a good distance away. Not sure whether it's 24 hour pay or if it's free after a certain time in the evening though.

Anyway, all this will be academic if we don't win on Tuesday!
Posted by: penrith mariner, September 5, 2019, 12:05pm; Reply: 24
Last time we played them it cost me over £20 to park for 4 hours and that was still a 45 minute walk away from the ground  I'll be parking up and getting the tube in next time
Posted by: grimps, September 5, 2019, 12:22pm; Reply: 25
We’ll sell 4000 easy and anyone that thinks we won’t has no understanding of Grimsbys away support .
I can see us needing more
Posted by: jaygy, September 5, 2019, 12:49pm; Reply: 26
If we beat Macc on Tuesday as it’s my week off I’m planning driving down to Chelsea and then on to Devon for a few days after to take in the Exeter away game. I’ve had a quick look and I’m seeing Uxbridge would be the best place to park and then get a tube to Earl’s Court?
Posted by: sam gy, September 5, 2019, 1:11pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Yossarian
I hope you are right GrimExile - I always seem to recall Chelsea get a decent attendance even for crappy games against the likes of us - Palace last year were great and it makes a big difference when the home club at least has some fans there.  It is a tough sell to be fair for a mid week game against a league 2 club.  

Speaking to my boss, who's a season ticket holder at Chelsea - he says a lot of the usual fans don't bother with the early cup games/games against lower opposition, hence why they make it so cheap....basically, he said it'll be full of tourists!
Posted by: GrimRob, September 5, 2019, 2:24pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from sam gy

Speaking to my boss, who's a season ticket holder at Chelsea - he says a lot of the usual fans don't bother with the early cup games/games against lower opposition, hence why they make it so cheap....basically, he said it'll be full of tourists!

Well we can provide them with a night to remember  :)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 5, 2019, 2:30pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from sam gy

That will merely give us the opportunity to grow our international fan base.
Posted by: Gaffer58, September 5, 2019, 3:03pm; Reply: 30
So if driving, if you get within walking distance of the ground would you be inside the congestion charge thingy, also if the ground is full of " tourists" probably North East Lincs tourism board should get there and hand out a few flyers. Never know some foreigners might prefer Freshney Place to Regent Street or the fishing museum to natural history museum.
Posted by: Rik e B, September 5, 2019, 3:26pm; Reply: 31
Chanced my arm and got holiday form in before rest of lads book it up and I'm denied 😏

Gotta get through like, but he who dares Rodney.
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), September 5, 2019, 4:25pm; Reply: 32
There's a decent Premier Inn at Putney Bridge with an ok pub across the road from it. I'd stay over if I was going. Used all my holidays though  :-/
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 5, 2019, 5:04pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Les Brechin

Most of the side streets that aren't residents only have parking meters along them and it's quite pricey to park, even a good distance away. Not sure whether it's 24 hour pay or if it's free after a certain time in the evening though.

Anyway, all this will be academic if we don't win on Tuesday!

It’s a bit of nightmare borough in terms of parking I fully and you’re right parking meters do operate be very careful
Posted by: moosey_club, September 5, 2019, 6:39pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from 140381
There's a decent Premier Inn at Putney Bridge with an ok pub across the road from it. I'd stay over if I was going. Used all my holidays though  :-/

you do look a bit peaky...are you coming down with something ? ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 5, 2019, 10:48pm; Reply: 35
NHS England say that there are signs of the rare Carabaovirus taking hold in the north Lincolnshire area. It takes about 3 weeks to reach full effect. Victims should stay off work for at least two days and make sure that they have plenty of cold liquids. If at all possible, victims should move to warmer drier parts of the country, West London has the ideal climate, until the symptoms clear.

Symptoms will occur quickly amongst thousands of victims at the same time and will only last for a few days at a time. The disease should die down after that, although sporadic mass outbreaks might occur a few weeks later in exceptional circumstances.

However virolgists are not sure if early cases reported in the area really is this disease. Results will be back for the first suspected cases in about 5 days time. Should be clear by the 11th September whether it's Carabaovirus or not. NHS England refused to comment on suggestions that people in the Cheshire area are also being tested.
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 6, 2019, 6:40pm; Reply: 36
5118 tickets available now.

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/september/provisional-carabao-cup-third-round-ticket-information/
Posted by: mariner91, September 6, 2019, 6:45pm; Reply: 37
I just bought tickets to both the Crewe and Macc games so I had a ticket stub even though I can't attend either. I could have potentially got a ticket in general sale  now  ;D
Posted by: mariner91, September 6, 2019, 6:56pm; Reply: 38
And just so I don't jinx it, obviously we need to beat Macc first but I was willing to roll them dice.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, September 7, 2019, 10:16am; Reply: 39
Leave us your Crewe ticket then Matt
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 7:13pm