Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: marinernige, September 3, 2019, 5:03pm
Sad news ,Town Legend John Fraser Has passed away.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 3, 2019, 5:04pm; Reply: 1
Desperately sad news - Fras was one of the most iconic faces at BP in his day. Condolences to his family & friends.
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 3, 2019, 5:08pm; Reply: 2
Sad news indeed. John was a nice guy too and gave the club many years of service. RIP.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, September 3, 2019, 5:22pm; Reply: 3
Icon. Rest in peace. Give Kev Moore a late fitness test when you see him.
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 3, 2019, 5:43pm; Reply: 4

John Fraser was physio when I first started following Town and for many years after.

RIP
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, September 3, 2019, 5:48pm; Reply: 5
John Fraser was a well known figure in and out of football. There are plenty of people grateful for his physio and advice. He played a big part in that period when we shot up through the leagues under Newman, Kerr and Booth. In those days the squads were unbelievably small compared to now and keeping them fit was a real full time job for John. Greatly missed. I hope the club will recognise his service.
Posted by: 1098 (Guest), September 3, 2019, 5:52pm; Reply: 6
Ffs a massive part of gtfc true legend. Even when he retired he stayed around and helped local footballers. Another one that came from far away (scotland i believe) but saw grimsby as his adopted home - how many people do that for a supposedly on its knees town... Sad news R.I.P.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 3, 2019, 5:56pm; Reply: 7
RIP in  John a town legend .
Posted by: fleabag1970, September 3, 2019, 6:19pm; Reply: 8
Rip John . Part of the town elite during some great times
Posted by: crusty ole pie, September 3, 2019, 6:43pm; Reply: 9
I remember talking to John many years ago and he told me he had written a book about his time with the mariners and all the different managers he had served under but could not get it published due to the explosive comments. R.I.P. John a true town legend
Posted by: moosey_club, September 3, 2019, 7:55pm; Reply: 10
Shame. RIP
Posted by: Brazilnut, September 3, 2019, 8:19pm; Reply: 11
Always reminded me of the master from Dr who ...... for those old enough ...thoughts wishes to his  family x
Posted by: fishyfanny, September 3, 2019, 8:32pm; Reply: 12
Very sad news. John was physio when I started watching Town too.
RIP
Posted by: chaos33, September 3, 2019, 8:43pm; Reply: 13
John Fraser was a well known figure in and out of football. There are plenty of people grateful for his physio and advice. He played a big part in that period when we shot up through the leagues under Newman, Kerr and Booth. In those days the squads were unbelievably small compared to now and keeping them fit was a real full time job for John. Greatly missed. I hope the club will recognise his service.

Agree and great point about squad size. Fraser was physio when I started watching Town too and seemed to hold the esteemed post for such a long time. Agree that the club should find a suitable commemoration for him.
Posted by: supertown, September 3, 2019, 8:45pm; Reply: 14
RIP John
Posted by: Davec, September 3, 2019, 8:48pm; Reply: 15
He must have had a decent innings, RIP John
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 3, 2019, 8:52pm; Reply: 16
RIP. John
Posted by: RonMariner, September 4, 2019, 2:10pm; Reply: 17
Sad news.

RIP
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 4, 2019, 2:11pm; Reply: 18
Surely the club need to mark his passing with a minutes silence on Saturday.
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 4, 2019, 2:57pm; Reply: 19
John lived not far from me, he had a dour way about him but always said hello.

Since I moved away from Gy I didn't know if he was in fact still alive, so sad news.
Posted by: The Boys Paddock, September 4, 2019, 6:44pm; Reply: 20
sad loss, top bloke Fraz on the Maz

loved his little section in the Target if i remember
Posted by: always grimsby, September 4, 2019, 7:58pm; Reply: 21
RIP FRAZ
Really nice guy visited him at his surgery quite a few times down weelsby Rd when I was playing local football .
Softly spoken genuine guy who loved football
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 4, 2019, 11:26pm; Reply: 22

GTFC Official Site :

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/september/john-fraser-1932---2019/
Posted by: livosnose, September 4, 2019, 11:52pm; Reply: 23
The one and only time I met JF was 1984 last game of the season v Chelsea . I was in the boot room and Kevin Drinkell was bollocking my cousin Neil Matthews ( apprentice) for not cleaning his boots correctly. JF came in just wearing a towel and smoking a cigar and diffused the situation .  As a young lad I was speechless with all the expletives I was hearing ! RIP
Posted by: Bigdog, September 5, 2019, 12:14pm; Reply: 24
RIP Fraz, lovely guy, genuine, quietly spoken and when he did speak it was well worth listening to. Nice family and condolences to them for their loss..
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 5, 2019, 10:31pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from promotion plaice

Moving comments from Macca there.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 2:32pm