Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Gaffer58, August 19, 2019, 8:10pm
Before we get to far into the season I was just wondering which people find the more nerve wracking, being at the top end of the league and requiring points to keep the pressure on, or at the bottom end and requiring points for safety.
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 19, 2019, 8:15pm; Reply: 1

At the bottom end and requiring points for safety.

I really hope we never return to the tinpot ever again.
Posted by: Fishy clapper, August 19, 2019, 8:41pm; Reply: 2
What’s it like being at the top end? Asking for a friend
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 19, 2019, 8:58pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Fishy clapper
What’s it like being at the top end? Asking for a friend

Flipping fantastic, good job I’ve got a decent memory.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 19, 2019, 9:09pm; Reply: 4
Personally I find it nerve wracking being mid-table. Never sure whether I'll be feeling nervous if we slip a few places and start thinking about being at the bottom, or whether I'll be feeling nervous if we go up a few places and sweat on every game thinking we might just do it this year.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 19, 2019, 11:08pm; Reply: 5
I find comfortable mid-table seasons boring. You need some drama to make them wins feel sweeter.

The stress of being near the top is much better than the stress of being near the bottom. I was kicking every ball from my seat towards the end of 17/18.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, August 20, 2019, 7:34am; Reply: 6
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Flipping fantastic, good job I’ve got a decent memory.

I remember the day very well at welling when word got through that Bradley wood just put a penalty passed the Barnet keeper at the end of their game. The feeling was excellent.
Posted by: Rik e B, August 20, 2019, 10:17am; Reply: 7
The top is exciting, the bottom is horrible!
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 21, 2019, 11:29am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Rik e B
The top is exciting, the bottom is horrible!

Spookily enough, the exact opposite of my Ex  !!!!
Posted by: Abdul19, August 21, 2019, 1:20pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

I remember the day very well at welling when word got through that Bradley wood just put a penalty passed the Barnet keeper at the end of their game. The feeling was excellent.

I don't remember it. Mind you, I did have £10000 on him being the last scorer ;)
Posted by: horsforthmariner, August 21, 2019, 3:40pm; Reply: 10
Bottom end is much more stressful.

I'm a natural pessimist so I presume we'll stuff it so it's a nice surprise when we don't. When were at the bottom I think it'll need a miracle (or a hefty points deduction for someone else) to get us out the mess.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 2:09am