Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, August 19, 2019, 3:14pm
Carabao Energy Drink has teamed up with The Fishy to give five lucky Grimsby Town fans the chance to win a pair of tickets Grimsby Town vs Macclesfield Town on 27th of August.

Currently in its third year as the official title sponsor of the Carabao Cup, South-East Asian energy drink Carabao is continuing to give football fans across the nation the chance to see their team for free by giving away thousands of tickets.

Last year’s competition saw over 1.2 million people pass through the turnstiles at Carabao Cup fixtures and culminated in a showpiece Wembley Final. Round One of the Carabao Cup is always a great occasion for fans of EFL Clubs to see their team on a balmy Summer’s evening and get an early glimpse of their latest signings.

Carabao Energy Drinks are great-tasting, fruity low sugar and no sugar drinks that provide an energy boost for everyone, specifically adults of all ages, to get them through their day. Carabao has half the sugar of other leading energy drinks and comes in a range of flavours that taste just like soft drinks, such as Green Apple, Mandarin Orange, Original, Green Apple Sugar Free and Original Sugar Free.

Carabao is currently stocked in Asda, BP, Morrisons, Sainsbury’s, Spa, WHSmith, as well as a significant number of independent retailers.

To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets, simply answer the following question: Who knocked Grimsby out of the Carabao Cup in the 2018-2019 season?

Please send en email to support@thefishy.co.uk with the answer and your Fishy Forum user name.

--------

For more information about Carabao, please visit: http://www.carabaoenergy.co.uk , @CarabaoUK

ENDS

[img]https://i.ibb.co/rptcyMy/carabao.jpg[/img]

Terms and Conditions:

Posted by: Abdul19, August 19, 2019, 5:58pm; Reply: 1
Rob will be conducting the draw live from Nicole's at 0330 with Dave Benson Phillips and Ray Parlour.
Posted by: RichMariner, August 19, 2019, 7:59pm; Reply: 2
Haha! Love the fact that Carabao are going down the reduced sugar route. The whole point of an energy drink is that it gives you energy, so reducing the sugar seems counterproductive.

No one drinks energy drinks for the flavour, do they?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 19, 2019, 8:49pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from RichMariner
Haha! Love the fact that Carabao are going down the reduced sugar route. The whole point of an energy drink is that it gives you energy, so reducing the sugar seems counterproductive.

PMSL  ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, August 20, 2019, 9:09am; Reply: 4
Quoted from RichMariner

I don't buy them any more because I'm told they are full of rubbish , , , , , but I did actually used to buy the Relentless Energy Drinks just for the taste!!

Cherry, Apple Kiwi and Lemon Ice  :) :)

Hmmm think I may have to get back on them!

Posted by: lukeo, August 20, 2019, 9:15am; Reply: 5
I've banned my lads at football for drinking any of that energy drink excrement.. Going on the fa level 1 they explain about what the energy drinks actually do and how dangerous they are before a game.
Posted by: Fishy clapper, August 20, 2019, 10:24am; Reply: 6
If anyone banned me from drinking a specific thing other than horse urine before playing my hobby I’d jack it in. Or find a new team.
Posted by: Rik e B, August 20, 2019, 10:36am; Reply: 7
Tbf was it not proposed by government that sale of energy drinks to under 16s should be banned? Don't know if made into legislation but it was certainly mooted and supermarkets etc have agreed to put restrictions in place.
Posted by: lukeo, August 20, 2019, 1:24pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Fishy clapper
If anyone banned me from drinking a specific thing other than horse urine before playing my hobby I’d jack it in. Or find a new team.

If that person Was banning you to protect you as his player and looking out for your safety before playing for his football team then I think it isnt much to ask.
Long story short those kind of drinks increase your heart rate, so drinking that and then doing physical activities can cause heart problems / attacks.
Posted by: GrimRob, August 21, 2019, 12:13am; Reply: 9
The draw was conducted by selecting 5 winners using random.org and they were

KnaresboroughMariner
dicko995
Fishy clapper
promotion plaice
wizbit

Everyone above should have been sent an email and their names/emails have also been passed on to the competition organisers.
Posted by: golfer, August 21, 2019, 8:07am; Reply: 10
Lost again-I can't win anything. I enter every competition and have only ever won once-that was a book from Readers Digest  "How to win Competitions "
Posted by: MarinerWY, August 21, 2019, 8:34am; Reply: 11
Quoted from GrimRob
The draw was conducted by selecting 5 winners using random.org and they were

KnaresboroughMariner
dicko995
Fishy clapper
promotion plaice
wizbit

Everyone above should have been sent an email and their names/emails have also been passed on to the competition organisers.

I thought it was open till tonight Rob?
"The competition is open from 19th of August 2019 and closes on 21st of August 2019, midnight."?

Posted by: monkeyboy, August 21, 2019, 8:51am; Reply: 12
Yea it states ends tonight not last night? just answered the question too :(

Shows that some people read the small print
Posted by: GrimRob, August 21, 2019, 9:35am; Reply: 13
00:00 on 21st is when it ended
Posted by: dicko995, August 21, 2019, 9:48am; Reply: 14
Buzzin ….. :)  
Posted by: Fishy clapper, August 21, 2019, 9:50am; Reply: 15
“I’ve never won anything”
Posted by: Tinymariner, August 21, 2019, 9:55am; Reply: 16
Quoted from dicko995
Buzzin ….. :)  

That’s probably due to the energy drink!
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 26, 2019, 1:36am; Reply: 17

Won the tickets but was given a very short time by the EFL by email to reply (time scale) so lost them, ah well.

Less than three hours and in work time.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 26, 2019, 3:13pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from promotion plaice

Won the tickets but was given a very short time by the EFL by email to reply (time scale) so lost them, ah well.

Less than three hours and in work time.

That in a nutshell describes what’s wrong with the Football League as an organisation.
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 26, 2019, 4:25pm; Reply: 19
I will boycott the game in protest of PP not getting his free tickets.

Take that EFL  :P
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 26, 2019, 5:23pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from grimsby pete
I will boycott the game in protest of PP not getting his free tickets.

Take that EFL  :P

Cheers Pete   :)

Posted by: Gaffer58, August 26, 2019, 5:30pm; Reply: 21
The EFL are running a new ticket competition, the game is between Sydney and Brisbane, the kickoff is at 7.30 pm this evening, if your lucky enough to win then you will be sat in he directors box with all the goodies. Good luck!!!
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 4:15am