Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: chaos33, August 17, 2019, 11:24pm
There’s only him isn’t there? Might be a few disappointed posts but we are all fairly philosophical are we not?
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, August 18, 2019, 6:11am; Reply: 1
I'm sick of people digging waterfall out for an "awful/poor" clearance, when if they actually see what he does is cut out the ball to the player coming in from behind who was dead cert to score, just unlucky that it fell straight to their players feet...
No doom and gloom here, think Jolley has took on board what you need to get out of this league and I certainly know that isn't going to be pretty football...as long as we win/draw more than we lose and aren't anywhere near that dreaded trap door to non league again..
Posted by: lukeo, August 18, 2019, 6:18am; Reply: 2
Just watched the sky sports highlights, they show 4-5 chances from us and onlly 2 from FGR... We can't win them all.
Posted by: forza ivano, August 18, 2019, 10:00am; Reply: 3
Thought jolley interview on humberside gave a very balanced summary of the game.couldn't disagree with much of what he said
Posted by: Rik e B, August 18, 2019, 10:11am; Reply: 4
BBC has it 15 shots away with 2 on target for Town, 9 with 1 on target for FGR. Appears we got shots away, just couldn't finish.
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 18, 2019, 12:55pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
I'm sick of people digging waterfall out for an "awful/poor" clearance, when if they actually see what he does is cut out the ball to the player coming in from behind who was dead cert to score, just unlucky that it fell straight to their players feet...
No doom and gloom here, think Jolley has took on board what you need to get out of this league and I certainly know that isn't going to be pretty football...as long as we win/draw more than we lose and aren't anywhere near that dreaded trap door to non league again..

He is there to cut out balls to opposition players but not to basically pass it to one of theirs in our area. It should have been belted out of the area so for me as I have mentioned elsewhere a poor if not dreadful error.

I didn't think he did too bad overall but ended up costing us the game.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, August 18, 2019, 2:43pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from arryarryarry

He is there to cut out balls to opposition players but not to basically pass it to one of theirs in our area. It should have been belted out of the area so for me as I have mentioned elsewhere a poor if not dreadful error.

I didn't think he did too bad overall but ended up costing us the game.

Sorry arry, watch it again, he's on the stretch to get to that ball, from where he was there was no way he could get his laces through it..
More concerning for me was Clifton's absence, can't recall hearing his name once on the audio commentary..
Do wonder if playing Cook/Vernham between Hess and Whitehouse wouldn't give us more drive up the park...only my own opinion obviously
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 18, 2019, 3:45pm; Reply: 7
A game we could have won and one poor clearance cost us, I think if the ref was actually assessing the game instead of letting the game pass him by he would have seen the diving from FGR players and the throwing themselves to the floor under any challenge was pathetic, he should have booked some of them for simulation. Maybe he is one of those vegans and had been slipped a box of Linda McCartney ready meals.

FGR players are as weak as kitten urine, I'm surprised they don't play with arm bands in case it rains, FGR players are a bunch of fannies.
Posted by: Davec, August 18, 2019, 4:15pm; Reply: 8
Well on the FGR forum a few fans are saying we will be up there and will beat a lot of teams this season so hopefully that is the case.
Posted by: WesternMariner, August 20, 2019, 8:12am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Davec
Well on the FGR forum a few fans are saying we will be up there and will beat a lot of teams this season so hopefully that is the case.

I’d take more comfort from that if they weren’t such a bunch of know nothing carrot crunching half wits.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 9:36am