Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Belfast Town, August 14, 2019, 3:49pm
This made me smile!

Last night AFC Wimbledon played MK Dons in the Caraboa Cup. Last time they met at Wimbledon, the home team were fined for refusing to use the ‘Dons’ part of MK’s name, in the programme and on the scoreboard. This time the scoreboard was ‘broken’ and they didn’t print a programme!

MK won on penalties, by the way.
Posted by: Gaffer58, August 14, 2019, 4:04pm; Reply: 1
Good on Wimbledon, referring to the league reminds me of a certain fraze, " don't let the buggers grind you down" .
Posted by: chaos33, August 14, 2019, 4:33pm; Reply: 2
Would’ve been good (and technically accurate) if Wimbledon had referred to MK as Franchise FC. :-)
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 14, 2019, 4:35pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from chaos33
Would’ve been good (and technically accurate) if Wimbledon had referred to MK as Franchise FC. :-)

Or illegitimate Franchise Scum FC to be more correct.  :)
Posted by: chaos33, August 14, 2019, 4:36pm; Reply: 4
And printed a programme with that on! 😊
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 14, 2019, 4:36pm; Reply: 5
Could hear The Aaaaaa FCcccccc Wim-ble-don chant loud and proud last night.

But then the wind was strong and in the right direction  :)
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, August 14, 2019, 6:32pm; Reply: 6
Wimbledon could have printed a limited-edition programme, which could have been sold to collectors for more than the expected fine.

Also, interesting if Macclesfield were wound-up and had been drawn against Bury.
Posted by: pizzzza, August 14, 2019, 9:04pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Belfast Town
he home team were fined for refusing to use the ‘Dons’ part of MK’s name, in the programme and on the scoreboard.

I wonder if, when we play those from down the road, we can get away with not using the 's' and 'horpe' part of their name?
Posted by: LH, August 14, 2019, 9:30pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from pizzzza

I wonder if, when we play those from down the road, we can get away with not using the 's' and 'horpe' part of their name?

Would love to see the excuse we’d give at the FA hearing when we couldn’t get our technicolor-HD-super scoreboard displaying Scunthorpe in full.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, August 15, 2019, 8:41pm; Reply: 9
Am I the only one who thinks this is pretty pathetic from AFC Wimbledon? Last season they were in a higher division for the first time. Surely that could have been considered the end of the matter. Order had been restored.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 15, 2019, 9:13pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Am I the only one who thinks this is pretty pathetic from AFC Wimbledon? Last season they were in a higher division for the first time. Surely that could have been considered the end of the matter. Order had been restored.

Looks like you are
Posted by: GollyGTFC, August 16, 2019, 7:15am; Reply: 11
I bet MK Dons are really devastated that AFC Wimbledon will find themselves paying another fine for their childish actions. All AFCW are doing is turning MK Dons into victims.
Posted by: toontown, August 16, 2019, 7:38am; Reply: 12
There is no requirement to have a programme any more. There is no requirement to have a score board operating. What would they be fined for?

Well done AFC Wimbledon for thinking outside the box, made me laugh.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 16, 2019, 8:11am; Reply: 13
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I bet MK Dons are really devastated that AFC Wimbledon will find themselves paying another fine for their childish actions. All AFCW are doing is turning MK Dons into victims.

Victims?! Because their name isn’t printed properly. Oh dear oh dear. Poor lambs.
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 16, 2019, 8:31am; Reply: 14
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Am I the only one who thinks this is pretty pathetic from AFC Wimbledon? .

Yup,

I think you are !!
Posted by: Abdul19, August 16, 2019, 9:07am; Reply: 15
Victims in the eyes of at least 2 people ;D
Posted by: Gaffer58, August 16, 2019, 3:42pm; Reply: 16
I know and understand the animosity towards MK Dons, basically I think they deserve all the bricks that get chucked at them, but I would find it hilarious if now Torquay are out of the league, if some multi millionaire had an arrangement and moved Man U down to the West Country, in a stadium that only holds 10k, now that I would agree with.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 5:41am