Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Gaffer58, August 10, 2019, 4:59pm
As I understand it teams on the same points now are placed on their head to head scores, but as it's so early in the season how are the teams placed, I would expect some clubs/players have it in their contracts that a bonus is paid for being in a certain position, be a bit of a sodomist if they miss a bonus due to alphabetical order.
Posted by: Spatchcock, August 10, 2019, 5:19pm; Reply: 1
Makes me smile seeing scunny at the bottom of the league (100)
Posted by: RonMariner, August 10, 2019, 5:19pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Gaffer58
As I understand it teams on the same points now are placed on their head to head scores, but as it's so early in the season how are the teams placed, I would expect some clubs/players have it in their contracts that a bonus is paid for being in a certain position, be a bit of a sodomist if they miss a bonus due to alphabetical order.

Really? Or is that only if the goal diff and goals scored are identical?
Posted by: supertown, August 10, 2019, 5:46pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Gaffer58

I think you have dreamt that one up
Posted by: Stadium, August 10, 2019, 6:09pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from supertown

I think you have dreamt that one up

He certainly has:

9 Method of Determining League Positions

9.2 If two or more Clubs have the same number of points, goal difference and goals scored the highest placed Club shall be determined by the respective League records against each other, taking into account in order of precedence, points gained, goal difference and goals scored.

9.3 If the above procedures do not separate the Clubs then the highest placed Club shall be determined by reference to the following criteria, in the order prescribed:

9.3.1 number of wins;

9.3.2 goals scored in away games; or

9.3.3 in accordance with the provisions of Regulation 9.4.

9.4 Where two or more Clubs are tied after the procedures set out in Regulations 9.1 to 9.3 inclusive then the highest placed Club shall be the Club which has accumulated the lowest total number of penalty points (as determined in accordance with Regulations 9.5 and 9.6) following the completion of 42 League Matches in the relevant Season.
Posted by: Gaffer58, August 10, 2019, 6:20pm; Reply: 5
Ah, so I nearly got it right, just didn't realise goal difference was still the decider, bit like my efforts in the prediction league, nearly got it!!!
Posted by: RonMariner, August 10, 2019, 6:20pm; Reply: 6
Cheers for the clarification. I though it was odd that such a major change could  had been made without anyone noticing.
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 10, 2019, 6:32pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Spatchcock
Makes me smile seeing scunny at the bottom of the league (100)

End the season now.

We'd be in the play-offs and Stevenage and Scunny would be relegated.  ;D
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 5:46am