Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: mariner paul, August 10, 2019, 4:13pm
Please can we have something done about our PA System it is absolutely shocking. In the lower youngs you can hardly hear a word the announcer is trying to say ie the halftime announcements the substitutions surely in this day and age we could have something a little bit more decent than the rubbish we have at the moment
Posted by: Gaffer58, August 10, 2019, 4:16pm; Reply: 1
Leave it to Mr Dale, the stadium is being improved.
Posted by: Stadium, August 10, 2019, 4:31pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Gaffer58
Leave it to Mr Dale, the stadium is being improved.

Can we blame JF for this or is this squarely at ND's door??
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, August 10, 2019, 4:59pm; Reply: 3
Town had a decent one but all the oldies in the main stand complained. Main stand 1 Rest 0
Posted by: jimgtfc, August 10, 2019, 4:59pm; Reply: 4
Didn’t even realise it was on until I could just about hear the announcer. Certainly didn’t hear any music.
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, August 10, 2019, 5:29pm; Reply: 5
The club are well aware that the PA system falls well short of being fit for purpose, This is further highlighted on large gates where the noise in the stands is higher.
They did bring in a system from out side last season with mixed results which sounded good in some games not so good in others dependent on the weather, this system also got allot of complaints from some fans  around the ground that it was to loud .
I know during the closed season they looked at the cost to replace the system but I do believe the cost was a little high and other areas of the ground needed the investment first,

Hopefully as the season goes on  the club will be in a position to improve matters

Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, August 10, 2019, 5:39pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby
The club are well aware that the PA system falls well short of being fit for purpose, This is further highlighted on large gates where the noise in the stands is higher.
They did bring in a system from out side last season with mixed results which sounded good in some games not so good in others dependent on the weather, this system also got allot of complaints from some fans  around the ground that it was to loud .
I know during the closed season they looked at the cost to replace the system but I do believe the cost was a little high and other areas of the ground needed the investment first,

Hopefully as the season goes on  the club will be in a position to improve matters

No good if there is a fire though is it? The current regime has had 18 years to fix it. Being totally fair, I think it was in the 70's when I last heard it clearly.
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, August 10, 2019, 5:41pm; Reply: 7

No good if there is a fire though is it? The current regime has had 18 years to fix it. Being totally fair, I think it was in the 70's when I last heard it clearly.

If there was a fire I would expect the fire alarm system to alert everyone not the PA and stewards to show people to the exits,
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, August 10, 2019, 5:46pm; Reply: 8

If there was a fire I would expect the fire alarm system to alert everyone not the PA and stewards to show people to the exits,

Does that work - fire alarm?
Posted by: NorthLondonMariner, August 10, 2019, 5:51pm; Reply: 9

I personally know someone who had quoted gtfc to replace it over the closed season. Its A LOT of £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
Posted by: Gaffer58, August 10, 2019, 5:54pm; Reply: 10
As said earlier, I would hope the fire alarm system does work and is very audible, has anyone ever heard it even when it's only a practice.
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, August 10, 2019, 5:58pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Gaffer58
As said earlier, I would hope the fire alarm system does work and is very audible, has anyone ever heard it even when it's only a practice.

to be fair the Club would not get a safety certificate if it did not work as its a public venue  and will be inspected by the authorities regularly
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, August 10, 2019, 6:02pm; Reply: 12
Some of the non-football played last season would have resulted in a fire-evacuation style mass exit from the ground.
Posted by: Ipswin, August 10, 2019, 6:02pm; Reply: 13

Being totally fair, I think it was in the 70's when I last heard it clearly.

When did you last change your hearing aid batteries? ;)

Posted by: OllieGTFC, August 10, 2019, 8:35pm; Reply: 14
This is next pre season task new PA system fitted 😏
Posted by: Davec, August 10, 2019, 8:45pm; Reply: 15
A good PA system is as vital as a fire alarm in the event of an emergency, yes the fire alarm will sound to alert spectators of a fire but also a PA system is vital in this case to relay vital safety announcements to the spectators whilst the fire alarm is sounding.
Posted by: SomeSanity, August 10, 2019, 8:50pm; Reply: 16
Off field this club isn’t fit for purpose. Onfield Mr. Sanity is enjoying the results.
Posted by: Rik e B, August 10, 2019, 8:56pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from mariner paul
Please can we have something done about our PA System it is absolutely shocking.

Shut up!!! ND is doing a great job on the stadium everyone can see that!

Posted by: The Boys Paddock, August 10, 2019, 9:36pm; Reply: 18

FFs....if there is a fire, Im not waiting around for the PA System to tell me there's a fire ;D
Posted by: buckstown, August 10, 2019, 10:00pm; Reply: 19
Trust me if you're sitting in the main stand you don't want to hear the fire alarm going off. By the time you hear it it'll be too late!!
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 4:46am