Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, August 5, 2019, 11:52pm
Fair play to Town, there's been a lot going on at Blundell Park during the summer. I've never been so excited over new toilets  :) Might just be a flash in the pan

https://youtu.be/0yCK0E_1bc8
Posted by: The Boys Paddock, August 6, 2019, 12:24am; Reply: 1
Baby Changing rooms.............................ffs
Posted by: Croxton, August 6, 2019, 7:25am; Reply: 2
Quoted from The Boys Paddock

High time. Basic workplace requirement and facility for a wide range of visitors at events/ Open days etc.

Think Family Policy, Safeguarding, Equality Act.

Posted by: MarinerWY, August 6, 2019, 7:42am; Reply: 3

What a bizarre thing to get annoyed at....
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, August 6, 2019, 8:21am; Reply: 4
Bloody babies!!  ;D

Think the club trying and fair play to them

It also says we aren’t moving for a good while yet so let’s at least make the place look good
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, August 6, 2019, 9:07am; Reply: 5
I work with Ben Davies wife who said she could not believe it when turning up to watch Ben for the first time at BP there was no baby changing facilities which evidently was particularly problematic for Mrs Macca with their young brood.

At Portsmouth they had a match day nursery which meant wives could watch the match uninterrupted. Have to say something that has never crossed my mind but certainly for players wives can see this is a very important development. For fans never sure why you would take a nappy wearing child to a match but maybe that’s just me being an old git but cannot see it being an enjoyable experience for parent or child.
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 6, 2019, 10:07am; Reply: 6

From the quality of your posts, I get the feeling it wasn’t too long ago your Mum was using them for you !!
Posted by: RichMariner, August 6, 2019, 10:39am; Reply: 7
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
I've never been so excited over new toilets  :) Might just be a flash slash in the pan

Amended for you.
Posted by: RonMariner, August 7, 2019, 9:52pm; Reply: 8
Incredible that the Main Stand is still getting its safety certificate after all these years. I though it was on the verge of being condemned years ago?
Posted by: White_shorts, August 8, 2019, 7:26pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from RonMariner
Incredible that the Main Stand is still getting its safety certificate after all these years. I though it was on the verge of being condemned years ago?

I think as long as the club can show that litter is not building up beneath the wood, then the stand can remain in use.

Posted by: HackneyHaddock, August 9, 2019, 8:23am; Reply: 10
All good to see, but these are all must-haves, basics, things that you need to comply with regulations.  

Have they done anything to improve the match day experience in the ground, such as providing seating and tables for people to eat and drink at, or improving the range of food on offer?  A basic Fanzone with a few different food trucks and a seating area to maybe entice people into the ground a little bit earlier than five minutes before kick-off?  Or are they still happy dawdling along giving McDonalds and the Mariners Chippy thousands of pounds every Saturday that ought to be flowing into the club's coffers?
Posted by: supertown, August 9, 2019, 8:28am; Reply: 11
Quoted from golfer

As long as they don't preserve the wood with creosote. I sometimes use it to light the barbecue. Works pretty well but food tastes like shite.

Especially on a gas one 🤭
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 9:32pm