Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: paulgtfc, August 3, 2019, 8:13pm
57.5 for a buy before today.

Have to say that I was hoping for a lower figure given that bookies had us down as one of faves for relegation.  That said, the improved front line plus improved Jolley D2 experience plus development of younger players should mean that we better last season's points total.
Thus a buy for me even at that price.

No doubt price has gone up following great win today, which helps me but not those taking a waiting brief.
Posted by: buckstown, August 4, 2019, 5:04pm; Reply: 1
What could possibly go wrong?
Sounds like last year when we won 3 games and loads of people piled in for a top half finish. I did take 66/1 (ew) but I won't get excited unless we're up there in February.
Hope you win though!!
Posted by: ROKERITE, August 4, 2019, 5:49pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from buckstown
What could possibly go wrong?
Sounds like last year when we won 3 games and loads of people piled in for a top half finish. I did take 66/1 (ew) but I won't get excited unless we're up there in February.
Hope you win though!!

I take your point though it was in February that not only a top-half finish but a play-off place seemed possible. It was March when the dreadful collapse began with only three points from nine matches.

Posted by: Limerick Mariner, August 4, 2019, 5:49pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from paulgtfc
57.5 for a buy before today.

Have to say that I was hoping for a lower figure given that bookies had us down as one of faves for relegation.  That said, the improved front line plus improved Jolley D2 experience plus development of younger players should mean that we better last season's points total.
Thus a buy for me even at that price.

No doubt price has gone up following great win today, which helps me but not those taking a waiting brief.

SI prices don't tend to move much early on, maybe 0.5 or 1 point in the first week after a win. There is often more fluctuation before the first game as SI adjust prices to the flow of money. Town's price went up a couple of points before the Forest Green game last season - I wondered if MJ's old mates in the City were piling in behind him. Next week will be much more of an indication of where we are, disappointing result for Bradford yesterday against the 4th favourites for relegation. I've backed Plymouth of the relegated teams.

Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 7:11am