Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: lukeo, August 1, 2019, 2:38pm
I have tried to cut down gambling so i do a season bet and 'follow' those teams for the season. Anyone else do similar? I've gone with £15 lucky 15 (50p each way)

Spurs 16/1
Leeds 9/2
Sunderland 5/2
Grimsby 50/1

Obviously the eachh way is promotion or in Spurs case finishing 2nd which makes them roughly 4/1, evens, 9/10 on and 16/1 which to me is still nice if it came in!
Posted by: crusty ole pie, August 1, 2019, 2:40pm; Reply: 1
Liverpool
Leeds
Sunderland
Mansfield
Chesterfield
Posted by: GollyGTFC, August 1, 2019, 2:48pm; Reply: 2
Man City 1/2
West Brom 10/1
Portsmouth 5/1
Northampton 12/1
AFC Fylde 13/2

5 FOLD 9,651.5/1
Posted by: Son of Cod, August 1, 2019, 3:02pm; Reply: 3
Looking for somewhere to put the following L2 acca on...

Mansfield to win the league
Newport to finish in the top 7
Crewe to finish in the top half
Carlisle to finish in the bottom half
Morecambe to stay up

...haven't been able to find odds on those last two though.
Posted by: livosnose, August 1, 2019, 3:33pm; Reply: 4
I’ve gone

Portsmouth
Northampton
Harrogate

All to gain promotion 10 pounds pays 950 return.
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 1, 2019, 3:44pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Son of Cod
Looking for somewhere to put the following L2 acca on...

Mansfield to win the league
Newport to finish in the top 7
Crewe to finish in the top half
Carlisle to finish in the bottom half
Morecambe to stay up

...haven't been able to find odds on those last two though.

Carlisle 8/11 for bottom half finish with William Hill

https://sports.williamhill.com/betting/en-gb/football/competitions/OB_TY294/English-League-2/outrights/OB_MG10077442/Bottom-Half-Finish

Morecambe 1/6 to stay up.

https://sports.williamhill.com/betting/en-gb/football/competitions/OB_TY294/English-League-2/outrights/OB_MG2770612/To-Stay-Up

Posted by: Son of Cod, August 1, 2019, 4:32pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Les Brechin

Awesome, cheers Les. Oh wow that's tight on Morecambe staying up. Thought it'd be better than that. not worth adding in that case!

Posted by: Les Brechin, August 1, 2019, 4:46pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Son of Cod

Awesome, cheers Les. Oh wow that's tight on Morecambe staying up. Thought it'd be better than that. not worth adding in that case!

Yeah, that's what I though. Even Macc are 1/5 on.
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 1, 2019, 8:04pm; Reply: 8

I see they've started closing down some of the bookies, the one on Cambridge St Cleethorpes near me has just shut.

Didn't the bookies warn they would have to close loads down because of some rule change recently ?

Posted by: Rodley Mariner, August 1, 2019, 8:41pm; Reply: 9
Have they finally reduced the maximum stake on the  fixed odds terminals? Online betting must be killing them as well.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, August 1, 2019, 8:57pm; Reply: 10
The governments ruling to change the max odds on fbts is like manna from heaven for the bookies . They can use that as justification for shutting 1000s of shops , make staff redundant for minimal payouts and sell the retail units for another windfall.
The majority of players on fbts were never betting the sums that were publicised . The bookies want their customers to switch to online gambling because it removes pretty much all their overheads and increases their profits .
Just a shame our government has been blindsided by them and allowed  them to all move offshore  .
Posted by: AdamHaddock, August 1, 2019, 9:02pm; Reply: 11
Newcastle relegated
West Brom promoted
Wimbledon relegated
Exeter top 7
Bayern and PSG to win their leagues
Stake £5, winnings £1575

I put that on before Bolton and Bury went onto the mire so not as confident about Wimbledon
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, August 2, 2019, 10:52am; Reply: 12
City
Fulham
Pompey
Plymouth
Fylde

Then a tad of an outsider

Liverpool
Cardiff
Rotherham
Mansfield
Solihull - very tempted by Harrogate aswell
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, August 2, 2019, 12:15pm; Reply: 13
City
Dirty Leeds
Pompey
Mansfield

Stake £5 Winnings £2598.75
Posted by: diehardmariner, August 2, 2019, 12:59pm; Reply: 14
Harrogate are my cheeky little fancy for the Conference this year.

Kept hold of the bulk of the side that got them to a sixth placed finish but added some some extra quality up top in the form of Sam Jones and Jon Stead plus Scott Brown in midfield.  

Can argue that Stead and Brown are past their best but I still fancy they've got enough to make an impact at that level.  Whereas Jones is someone who still splits the Town fan base but has more than enough attributes to be very effective at the Conference.  In a pairing with Stead, I would presume he's playing in his preferred position of just off the front man two.  Closer to his home too.

A lot of the experts are tipping Wrexham but considering they struggled to score last season, I'm not convinced that JJ Hooper (despite his loan exploits at Bromley) is the man to solve the problem.  

I was listening to the excellent Not The Top 20 predictions earlier.  One of the lads is an Oxford fan and he was really concerned about their hopes for the season.
Posted by: lukeo, August 2, 2019, 1:32pm; Reply: 15
I've beeen naughty and stuck £5 on my 3 teams (grimsby, Leeds, Sunderland) + Blackburn to win this weekend.. Returns £99
Posted by: chaos33, August 2, 2019, 9:43pm; Reply: 16
Promotion acca:

West Brom
Portsmouth
Northampton
Harrogate
345/1
Posted by: diehardmariner, August 2, 2019, 10:30pm; Reply: 17
Very similar to what I've got for Chaos...

Leeds, Portsmouth, Northampton in a treble. Harrogate in a seperate bet I have with my mates (one pick each).

Also done a relegation treble of Birmingham, Oxford and Carlisle.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 12:43pm