Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: lukeo, July 31, 2019, 11:14am
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/july/main-stand-family-ticket-introduced/

Nice gesture and hope people take them up on the offer. Let's hope this is a start of some fresh new incentives and ways to get people hooked to gtfc wiith the help of the Trust and the new fans group.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, July 31, 2019, 11:35am; Reply: 1
They've knocked that out quick  ;D
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), July 31, 2019, 11:39am; Reply: 2
It's where I sit. Usually loads of seats spare round there, so good on the club for trying to boost it.
Posted by: psgmariner, July 31, 2019, 11:44am; Reply: 3
Good idea that.
Posted by: RichMariner, July 31, 2019, 11:59am; Reply: 4
Yep, I'll give credit where credit's due. It isn't cheap for young people in the area to watch the Mariners so this offer is a good idea and very welcome.

Obviously it doesn't solve the wider problem overnight, but it's a step in the right direction.
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, July 31, 2019, 12:02pm; Reply: 5
The cynic in me says the timing of this announcement is a little interesting. But as others say credit where credit is due.
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), July 31, 2019, 12:06pm; Reply: 6
Dunno about the timing. Had to be after early bird season ticket period.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, July 31, 2019, 12:11pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90
The cynic in me says the timing of this announcement is a little interesting. But as others say credit where credit is due.

Yes indeed. Smacks a little of damage limitation doesn’t it?

Posted by: bedders78, July 31, 2019, 12:13pm; Reply: 8
Good idea, probably won't use it myself as my kids like the ponny too much
Posted by: 1mickylyons, July 31, 2019, 12:17pm; Reply: 9
Well done to all involved
Posted by: Rik e B, July 31, 2019, 12:21pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from bedders78
Good idea, probably won't use it myself as my kids like the ponny too much

My thoughts, would rather pay the extra for elsewhere but good idea.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 31, 2019, 4:09pm; Reply: 11
Nice to see stuff like this. Well done to whoever pushed it through.
Posted by: moosey_club, July 31, 2019, 10:54pm; Reply: 12
not risking my kids at BP with all that aggro from the hooligans we read about the other day.   ;D
Posted by: bradzmilne, July 31, 2019, 11:10pm; Reply: 13
Good idea.

Let’s promote it properly though, it simply isn’t enough for it to be just put on the clubs website/social media feeds. Get it in the paper... We’ve had enough rubbish in there this week. Get it in schools. Get in on billboards. Do whatever you need to do.

Lets remind families in the local area that when you come to BP it isn’t a remake of Green Street but an opportunity to ignite a passion of a life time.

UTM
Posted by: SomeSanity, July 31, 2019, 11:41pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Nice to see stuff like this. Well done to whoever pushed it through.

I’d say it was Nick Dale and his off the cuff comments ;)
Posted by: Ipswin, August 1, 2019, 7:37am; Reply: 15
Quoted from moosey_club
not risking my kids at BP with all that aggro from the hooligans we read about the other day.   ;D

How do you expect your kids to join the large group of  feared countrywide Grimsby Town hooligan fans if you don't teach 'em right and start 'em early by letting them see how its done by accomplished yobs

Posted by: 1mickylyons, August 1, 2019, 8:08am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Ipswin

How do you expect your kids to join the large group of  feared countrywide Grimsby Town hooligan fans if you don't teach 'em right and start 'em early by letting them see how its done by accomplished yobs

The Suffolk bunch being a particularly vicious element ;)
Posted by: Ipswin, August 1, 2019, 9:01am; Reply: 17
Quoted from 1mickylyons

The Suffolk bunch being a particularly vicious element ;)

True, we are both absolutely dreadful (especially now Pete has two new knees)  ;D

Posted by: lukeo, August 1, 2019, 9:57am; Reply: 18
Quoted from bradzmilne
Good idea.

Let’s promote it properly though, it simply isn’t enough for it to be just put on the clubs website/social media feeds. Get it in the paper... We’ve had enough rubbish in there this week. Get it in schools. Get in on billboards. Do whatever you need to do.

Lets remind families in the local area that when you come to BP it isn’t a remake of Green Street but an opportunity to ignite a passion of a life time.

UTM

This 100%
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 1, 2019, 10:38am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Ipswin

True, we are both absolutely dreadful (especially now Pete has two new knees)  ;D

Yeh !   fit and ready to go on your word Swin  ;D
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, August 1, 2019, 10:42am; Reply: 20
Quoted from bradzmilne
Good idea.

UTM

Agree 100%, unfortunately now it is not going to be as easy to do the above thanks to a certain employee speaking to the GT this week.

That's what makes the timing odd to me, if you are going to advertise a new offer for the main stand aimed at bringing in more families do you let the stadium manager give an interview a few days before about the club being "the one that everybody dreads playing because of the hooligans?"

Which leads to more questions...

Who sanctioned the ND interview, were they aware of this upcoming promotion to attract new families? If not why not? If they were and they let him do the interview he did then what on earth were they thinking?

If ND went off his own bat, why? If I went to the media and spoke in a derogatory fashion about my employer's clients, one we would lose business and two I would be fired.

Surely an official statement rubbishing NDs interview and demonstrating why you should come as a family would have been more appropriate. Maybe highlighting the excellent meet the players day last weekend and its success?
Posted by: Ipswin, August 1, 2019, 10:54am; Reply: 21
Quoted from grimsby pete

Yeh !   fit and ready to go on your word Swin  ;D

You bring the sand filled gloves and I'll get the tampons with the flares in them, oh, and can you wear the underwired bra with room for explosives this time please?

Posted by: mariner91, August 1, 2019, 12:30pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Ipswin

You bring the sand filled gloves and I'll get the tampons with the flares in them, oh, and can you wear the underwired bra with room for explosives this time please?

Kinky.
Posted by: Ipswin, August 1, 2019, 12:40pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from mariner91

Kinky.

A little maybe but it turns Nick Dale on

Posted by: Meza, August 1, 2019, 12:47pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Ipswin

A little maybe but it turns Nick Dale on

Incorrect.  ND gets turned on by banning someone 😂
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 1, 2019, 2:40pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Ipswin

Careful Swin. That’s twice I’ve given you a tick ✅ recently.
Now pack it in 😉
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 11:49am