Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, July 22, 2019, 9:38am
Quoted Text
Tickets are now on sale to season ticket holders on a two-for-one season ticket basis. Stub number 1 must be presented when purchasing or collecting tickets.

Quoted from official web site re Morecambe tickets.

So you are a season ticket holder that live miles from Blundel Park, have no relatives in Grimsby (Anyway your season ticket is with you) , not able to go to Peterborough game on Saturday or get to Grimsby, HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO BUY TICKETS !

Bet we are not the only ones with this problem.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, July 22, 2019, 10:08am; Reply: 1
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

So you are a season ticket holder that live miles from Blundel Park, have no relatives in Grimsby (Anyway your season ticket is with you) , not able to go to Peterborough game on Saturday or get to Grimsby, HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO BUY TICKETS !

You can buy them online I think. Just put your season ticket number in.
Posted by: brigg_mariner, July 22, 2019, 11:26am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

It not that hard Grantham, ring the ticket office, order and pay for your ticket and then send them stub 1 in the post, they will then post you your Morecambe ticket.

The girls in the ticket office are always willing to help.

Perhaps a call prior to the above rant would have saved yourself some time.

8)
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 22, 2019, 11:43am; Reply: 3
Quoted from brigg_mariner

It not that hard Grantham, ring the ticket office, order and pay for your ticket and then send them stub 1 in the post, they will then post you your Morecambe ticket.

The girls in the ticket office are always willing to help.

Perhaps a call prior to the above rant would have saved yourself some time.

8)

It's 2019. I am pretty confident that we are the only club in the 92 who still resort to having physical stubs to hand over for STHs the buy away tickets.

How difficult would it be to have an online ticketing system where STHs can buy tickets for away and home cup games without having to faff about and jump through hoops. This sort of thing is exactly why the club's support is dropping off year on year.

Hopefully the wind of change is blowing and this is the final season we have to put up with all the outdated systems that GTFC have failed to replace with anything more modern in the past 25 years.
Posted by: Son of Cod, July 22, 2019, 11:48am; Reply: 4
Is this for Morecambe? We're not gonna sell out are we? Just pay on the gate, surely?
Posted by: pizzzza, July 22, 2019, 11:50am; Reply: 5
Yeah, as others have said just give the ticket office a call and explain your situation. I'm sure they'll get you sorted.
Posted by: brigg_mariner, July 22, 2019, 11:58am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Son of Cod
Is this for Morecambe? We're not gonna sell out are we? Just pay on the gate, surely?

Quoted Text
Away fans are no longer able to pay cash on the gate, so are strongly advised to purchase tickets in advance of Matchday.

Source: https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/july/morecambe-a-ticket-information/
Posted by: Son of Cod, July 22, 2019, 12:06pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from brigg_mariner

Oh ffs. I'm moving house on August 1st haha. What's the point of that? We've got an allocation of 1700 for Morecambe and it's pay on the gate? Hopefully they'll send a ticket to my work address.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 22, 2019, 12:09pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from GollyGTFC

It's 2019. I am pretty confident that we are the only club in the 92 who still resort to having physical stubs to hand over for STHs the buy away tickets.

How difficult would it be to have an online ticketing system where STHs can buy tickets for away and home cup games without having to faff about and jump through hoops. This sort of thing is exactly why the club's support is dropping off year on year.

Hopefully the wind of change is blowing and this is the final season we have to put up with all the outdated systems that GTFC have failed to replace with anything more modern in the past 25 years.

Apart from the inconvenience to customers, there’s the time wasted by ticket office staff.
Posted by: MarinerRob, July 22, 2019, 12:37pm; Reply: 9
I had the same issue as I live over 200 miles away. I rang the ticket office and explained the situation and it's all sorted out with my ticket being posted to me. I have always found the ticket offer VERY helpful.
Posted by: arryarryarry, July 22, 2019, 1:19pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I'm not having that. It is my understanding that quills were replaced with biros last season.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, July 22, 2019, 1:57pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from arryarryarry

I'm not having that. It is my understanding that quills were replaced with biros last season.

Just a rumour Arry…. until it's written on tablets of stone I'm not buying in to this!  ;)
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 22, 2019, 3:04pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Son of Cod

Oh ffs. I'm moving house on August 1st haha. What's the point of that? We've got an allocation of 1700 for Morecambe and it's pay on the gate? Hopefully they'll send a ticket to my work address.

The way I read it SoC is that they do not take cash on the gate but you should still be able to buy a ticket on the day from their ticket office.

Might be wrong, so it may just be worth giving Morecambe a ring to confirm.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 22, 2019, 3:28pm; Reply: 13
I think some people may be surprised how many we'll take to Morecambe. I think it will sell out.
Posted by: Gaffer58, July 22, 2019, 5:47pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I think some people may be surprised how many we'll take to Morecambe. I think it will sell out.

Warning, be prepared for a 1 o'clock kick off.
Posted by: Son of Cod, July 22, 2019, 5:48pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Les Brechin

The way I read it SoC is that they do not take cash on the gate but you should still be able to buy a ticket on the day from their ticket office.

That would make more sense actually, I'll give them a ring tomorrow and get that confirmed.

Quoted from GollyGTFC

Not being negative for the sake of it here, but no chance in my opinion. More likely to be a 3 figure following than a sell out.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 22, 2019, 6:24pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Son of Cod

That would make more sense actually, I'll give them a ring tomorrow and get that confirmed.

Not being negative for the sake of it here, but no chance in my opinion. More likely to be a 3 figure following than a sell out.

Our last 2 season openers away from home have seen us take 2,650 to Chesterfield (2017) and 1,687 to Kidderminster (2015).

And then it's a seaside resort in August and you can confortable get back to Grimsby on the train after the match (last departure time from Morecambe 18:41). And that early season optimism (that''s usual gone by September) is still there. All the recipes for a very large away following.
Posted by: Son of Cod, July 22, 2019, 6:37pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Our last 2 season openers away from home have seen us take 2,650 to Chesterfield (2017) and 1,687 to Kidderminster (2015).

And then it's a seaside resort in August and you can confortable get back to Grimsby on the train after the match (last departure time from Morecambe 18:41). And that early season optimism (that''s usual gone by September) is still there. All the recipes for a very large away following.

Hadn't played Chesterfield in a while and hadn't been to their new ground before and Kiddy was the first match after Operation Promotion. I'd obviously love to be proven wrong, but I can't see us taking 1000+ to a excrement ground on the other side of the country we went to in April, regardless of whether or not it's opening day. Hopefully, I'll get proven wrong and have to eat my words though.
Posted by: Son of Cod, July 23, 2019, 11:10am; Reply: 18
Quoted from Les Brechin

Just spoke to their ticket office. I asked them if we could buy from the ticket office on the day and their response that they've sent the whole allocation to us and they're strongly advising that we don't travel without a ticket. They did say that for any exiles though, we can buy the tickets from the Town ticket office and get it delivered to the Globe Arena to be picked up on matchday if needs be.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, July 23, 2019, 11:23am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Son of Cod

Be well over 1k travelling and I expect the full 1700 to go.
Posted by: Son of Cod, July 23, 2019, 11:30am; Reply: 20
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Be well over 1k travelling and I expect the full 1700 to go.

No chance. Hope you're right though.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 2:39pm