Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), July 20, 2019, 8:25pm
Is there any other team we should look out for results. I don't mean in this country but the rest of the world.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 20, 2019, 8:32pm; Reply: 1

Surreal Madrid
Posted by: lee65, July 20, 2019, 8:43pm; Reply: 2
I’m following the team Andrew Fox went to on Twitter, El Paso Locomotive

He seems to be starting regularly at CB, LB, or LM
Posted by: jock dock tower, July 20, 2019, 8:45pm; Reply: 3
The mighty Auchinleck Talbot FC.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 20, 2019, 9:16pm; Reply: 4
Brechin City  :)
Posted by: Numanoid, July 20, 2019, 9:33pm; Reply: 5
Numancia
Posted by: Grimsby2012, July 20, 2019, 9:41pm; Reply: 6
Vancouver white caps
Posted by: GtfcGarner, July 20, 2019, 9:47pm; Reply: 7
Real Oviedo.
When doing my apprenticeship me and 4 other lads put shares into the club when they was in the equivalent of League One/Two in the Spanish League attracting Spanish crowds. They have since risen and our share prices have risen dramatically. Hopefully they reach La Liga to further our profits!
Posted by: Hagrid, July 20, 2019, 9:56pm; Reply: 8
income Tax FC in India. Just because
Posted by: Grimal, July 20, 2019, 9:59pm; Reply: 9
My old home Town Team,,,  Boston United. ,I do realize it's in this country but it out in the sticks a bit and most that live there look like aliens  ;)
Also I follow   La Coruna.Daughter and her family live there.
Posted by: pizzzza, July 20, 2019, 10:09pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from 140067
Is there any other team we should look out for results. I don't mean in this country but the rest of the world.

No lad. It's only possible to follow one team. Anyone who tells you different is lying.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 20, 2019, 10:39pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Real Oviedo.
When doing my apprenticeship me and 4 other lads put shares into the club when they was in the equivalent of League One/Two in the Spanish League attracting Spanish crowds. They have since risen and our share prices have risen dramatically. Hopefully they reach La Liga to further our profits!

What made you choose Real Oviedo? With foresight like that you should be investing in the stock market too!
Posted by: Yossarian, July 20, 2019, 10:52pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from pizzzza

No lad. It's only possible to follow one team. Anyone who tells you different is lying.

I agree in terms of what is in your heart.  I have a French wife and I explained when she first came to England that you never trust a person who changed their football team.  

Having said that, I think it is possible to have a soft-spot for other teams without compromising that thought process.  I live in Blackheath/Greenwich in SE London and Charlton are the local team - they are a team I like to see do well, especially after their fans got their club back to The Valley in the 1990s.....  although I wouldn't say I am a supporter.  

One team. Grimsby.  Crappy, miserable football.  I'd never change it.
Posted by: RichMariner, July 20, 2019, 11:22pm; Reply: 13
Arbroath... because their ground is closer to the sea than ours is!
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), July 21, 2019, 11:23am; Reply: 14
Quoted from pizzzza

Sfrattato cerca casa equo canone (1983)

Very true. What made me think of this though https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/global-club-soccer-rankings/
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 21, 2019, 11:24am; Reply: 15
Soft spots for Hampton, Wimbledon and Kingstonian. Hard not to when you live there and go to watch them over the years when you can't get to a Town game. Always chuffed if they do well but never get so downcast when they do badly - only Town can inflict that pain.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, July 21, 2019, 12:44pm; Reply: 16
Nur Der Hay Ess Fau.
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, July 21, 2019, 1:00pm; Reply: 17
Dukla Prague.
Posted by: Hameln Mariner, July 21, 2019, 1:04pm; Reply: 18
Posted to Northern Germany 3 times with the Army so I adopted a local team, Werder Bremen. Season ticket holder for several seasons so I've seen them play all over Germany and Europe so I'll always look out for their results. Also look out for St Pauli as I've had some good times watching them too.

Lebenslang Grun Weiss.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 21, 2019, 1:17pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from moss_side_mariner
Dukla Prague.

They have a nice away kit
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, July 21, 2019, 1:34pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from jamesgtfc

What made you choose Real Oviedo? With foresight like that you should be investing in the stock market too!

Huge club in Spain that were hit by financial trouble, 2012 a lot of fans bought stakes to save the club. Juan Mata, Santi Cazorla and Michu among there former players also helped save them from bankruptcy. Carlos Slim the second richest man in the world now has a controlling stake in the club after buying 2.5 million worth of shares in 2012. Great youth setup aswell.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, July 21, 2019, 2:22pm; Reply: 21
I look out for the Northern Irish Premier League because I design their ball year. But the team i look out for is Dungannon Swifts. I was was at their League Cup Final win and went to their after party thing and got trollied with Dougie Wilson if you remember him.

Also Cabinteely in the League of Ireland and Stenhousemuir in Scotland because I designed their shirts.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, July 21, 2019, 2:33pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from KingstonMariner

They have a nice away kit

Half man half biscuit
Posted by: The Boys Paddock, July 21, 2019, 7:05pm; Reply: 23
Aston Villa
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, July 21, 2019, 11:13pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
I look out for the Northern Irish Premier League because I design their ball year. But the team i look out for is Dungannon Swifts. I was was at their League Cup Final win and went to their after party thing and got trollied with Dougie Wilson if you remember him.

Also Cabinteely in the League of Ireland and Stenhousemuir in Scotland because I designed their shirts.

But you’ve been to a Darlo game with me, surely that enlisted you to watch our results haha!

On another note, I think most people know I have a soft spot for Grimsby Town. Get to games when I can and always look out for their results.
Posted by: PrestwichMariner, July 22, 2019, 8:35am; Reply: 25
Armenia Bielefeld due to having spent a fair bit of time there in the early 80's and attending a few games.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 12:10pm