Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Belfast Town, July 19, 2019, 7:02pm
We drew 0-0 at Linfield. Peter Handysides broke his ankle.
Posted by: Rhys_Mariners, July 20, 2019, 8:03pm; Reply: 1
Cheers Geoff
Posted by: RonMariner, July 20, 2019, 8:54pm; Reply: 2
Makes me feel old.

These days 20 years seems to have flown by.  

Not sure I'll still be here in another 20. Blimey.

You get to the stage where you start thinks you will never see Town back in the Championship, or see England win anything in your remaining lifetime.

Bloody hell. I need a drink!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 20, 2019, 10:13pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from RonMariner
Makes me feel old.

These days 20 years seems to have flown by.  

Not sure I'll still be here in another 20. Blimey.

You get to the stage where you start thinks you will never see Town back in the Championship, or see England win anything in your remaining lifetime.

Bloody hell. I need a drink!

It would no longer surprise me if Town and England didn’t achieve those targets either. Not writing it off but it wouldn’t surprise me.
Posted by: tintowner, July 20, 2019, 10:49pm; Reply: 4
I just want to see us win a division again.....  the last one was in 1980...... I was there...   and I want to be there for another.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, July 20, 2019, 10:51pm; Reply: 5
Peter Handyside was sooooo good.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, July 20, 2019, 10:54pm; Reply: 6
I think Richard Smith's back problems started about the same time. A tough season followed chopping and changing between Groves, Lever and Livvo at centre half
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 20, 2019, 11:19pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Peter Handyside was sooooo good.

Hanson’s love child
Posted by: RichMariner, July 20, 2019, 11:21pm; Reply: 8
We did well that season, all things considered. Think we signed Pouton around then?

It took a while but there was a point when Lester and Ashcroft clicked. They tore Forest apart in that 4-3 game. We started the new year strongly, I seem to recall... and then Lester went to Forest.

It all fell apart towards the end of the season - and like the season just gone, it was our early form that saved us, because we were nothing by the end of it.
Posted by: Abdul19, July 21, 2019, 7:12am; Reply: 9
Yeah we won at Fulham the week after the Forest game too. Think we ended the season 11 without a win having scored about 0.7 goals.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 10:05pm