Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 18, 2019, 6:39pm

Just thought I would start a thread about tonight's game.

As expected the Town team consisting of mainly the youths.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 18, 2019, 6:50pm; Reply: 1
Town: Battersby, Starbuck, Pollock, Idehen, Gibson, Painter, Curran, Buckley, Wright (c), Cook, Oweye.

Hope, McPherson, Boyers, Smaller, Derrick, Stead, Adlard.

Gibson making his debut and a game for Jordan Cook.
Posted by: Grimal, July 18, 2019, 7:48pm; Reply: 2
Nasty shot from former Mariner Ross Hannah from a free-kick, scrambled away by Battersby.
From the resulting corner, Stainfield sends a looping header onto the top of the crossbar.
Posted by: Grimal, July 18, 2019, 7:54pm; Reply: 3
Goal. Trinity take the lead  on 21mins
A good move by the hosts, a cross from the right which was met by an unmarked Worsfold to fire past Battersby .
Posted by: Madeleymariner, July 18, 2019, 8:02pm; Reply: 4
It really annoys me that we put out a youth team in this competition, I know its experience but its a trophy to say we are champions of Lincolnshire and that rare thing silverware sitting in the trophy cabinet,
Posted by: Abdul19, July 18, 2019, 8:05pm; Reply: 5
Oweye the lads
Posted by: Grimal, July 18, 2019, 8:06pm; Reply: 6
It's all Trinity at the moment as Worsfold puts one over the bar from distance.
Posted by: Grimal, July 18, 2019, 8:10pm; Reply: 7
Chance for the Mariners as Max Wright cuts in from the left and fires wide of the far post
Posted by: Grimal, July 18, 2019, 8:15pm; Reply: 8
Cook heads just over the bar from a corner.  Town are coming back into it.
Posted by: Grimal, July 18, 2019, 8:19pm; Reply: 9
Half time Trinity lead   1 - 0
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, July 18, 2019, 8:22pm; Reply: 10
Is Duncan Idehen on trial here or has he left the gimps?
Posted by: Grimal, July 18, 2019, 8:39pm; Reply: 11
Substitution:  Liam Gibson has gone off and Josh Smallor is on for the Mariners.

Tonight's attendance is 439

Posted by: Grimal, July 18, 2019, 8:55pm; Reply: 12
Owoeye breaks away - he lays it off to Painter, who strikes the crossbar from just inside the box.
Posted by: Grimal, July 18, 2019, 8:57pm; Reply: 13
Another chance for Town but Buckley's shot is easy for Fielding.
Posted by: Grimal, July 18, 2019, 9:09pm; Reply: 14
Duncan Idehen and Jordan Cook come off, replaced by Brandon McPherson and Josh Smallor .

Strange , was reported earlier that Smallor had replaced Gibson. so I haven't a clue who it was that replaced Gibson  ;D
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 18, 2019, 9:10pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Madeleymariner
It really annoys me that we put out a youth team in this competition, I know its experience but its a trophy to say we are champions of Lincolnshire and that rare thing silverware sitting in the trophy cabinet,

Don't worry it's only Gainsborough.

Posted by: Grimal, July 18, 2019, 9:12pm; Reply: 16
Brilliant run and curling effort from Owoeye, just past the post.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 18, 2019, 9:21pm; Reply: 17

2-0
Posted by: Grimal, July 18, 2019, 9:21pm; Reply: 18
Goal. Middleton seals it for Trinity.

Final whistle trinity 2  Town 0.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 18, 2019, 9:24pm; Reply: 19

FT ......Gainsborough 2-0 Town.....read into that what you like !!!
Posted by: smokey111, July 18, 2019, 9:31pm; Reply: 20
Not much....hardly first choice 11
Posted by: arryarryarry, July 18, 2019, 9:32pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from promotion plaice

FT ......Gainsborough 2-0 Town.....read into that what you like !!!

Job done, we are out of the Lincolnshire Senior Cup 😉
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, July 18, 2019, 9:33pm; Reply: 22
Well to be fair this is so far a typical pre-season for town...
Just hope we don't take our form into the league or we're doomed, doomed I tell ya!..
On a serious note, I'd rather see us win the games against Donny and Peterborough and take some confidence into the first game against Morecambe...we lose the next 3 and it's not looking good...
Don't want to sound pessimistic but I'm getting a little squeaky bummed right now..
Posted by: forza ivano, July 18, 2019, 10:00pm; Reply: 23
Jolley out!!! Losses to boston, hull and Gainsborough means he's got go, and go now! 8) 8)
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 18, 2019, 10:06pm; Reply: 24

Still a disappointing scoreline though wouldn't you agree ???
Posted by: Rik e B, July 18, 2019, 10:09pm; Reply: 25
The fact it was the youths plus one or two makes it more than meaningless, don't know why it should add to any additional bum squeakage 🤔.
Posted by: Abdul19, July 18, 2019, 10:19pm; Reply: 26
A few days ago Curran was off to Real Madrid and now he's part of a cup humiliation  ;)
Posted by: Shipwrecked In Gainsborough, July 18, 2019, 10:20pm; Reply: 27
Don't panic men, last year Town walloped Trinity pre-season. It don't mean a lot. Nice for Trinity(my 2nd club..i live there now), and they have got aspirations for promotion this year, but this was a Town youth experiment team, against grown men. They might be not very good grown men, but they aint that poor, so not to worry, just nice to see those Mariner shirts on my now local ground. Good luck boys, will try to make a few this year. UTM & A little utb.
Posted by: sam gy, July 18, 2019, 11:09pm; Reply: 28
Was basically the youth team playing, good experience for them. Who gives a intercourse about the score line?
Posted by: Mariner8, July 18, 2019, 11:20pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Grimal
Brilliant run and curling effort from Owoeye, just past the post.

Should have passed, had two men open for tap in
Posted by: Mariner8, July 18, 2019, 11:29pm; Reply: 30
It is what it is, just a bit of experience for the youth team, saving our first teamers for donny... Was excited to see Curran, but he looked very poor, Buckley really stood out, beating his man many a time with some nice passing too, barely laid a foot wrong... Painter looked promising and Pollock impresses me more every time I see him. Starbuck looked to have a bit about him too. Not sure who replaced our new lad at half time but they both had decent games at LB. Oweye was so-so quite quick but clumsy and needs to pass more. Wright looked good but was nullified by countless fouls from big bruising defenders - something I hope won't, but could happen to him at L2 level, - hardest worker on the pitch and full of passion as always. McPherson only played a 10 mins but liked what I did see, good with ball at his feet. At the end of the day, the youth were out-muscled which is hardly surprising boys Vs men....
Not worried by the loss as only 2/3 of our first teamers played. Onwards and upwards UTM
Posted by: forza ivano, July 18, 2019, 11:39pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from promotion plaice

Still a disappointing scoreline though wouldn't you agree ???

Disappointing scoreline for who ;our youth team or for the mature, semi pro's of Gainsborough?
Posted by: Shipwrecked In Gainsborough, July 18, 2019, 11:57pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from forza ivano

Disappointing scoreline for who ;our youth team or for the mature, semi pro's of Gainsborough?

Exactly, when Trinity can weild out the likes of "old pros" like Ross Hanah, the young boys of GTFC are going to get a game. No bother, this is what these games are all about.
Posted by: SpudUDontLike, July 19, 2019, 12:28am; Reply: 33
I thought Gibson looked decent. Excellent close control, very rarely gave it away, good vision, a good throw, and some dangerous crosses (with one notable exception, which was excrement).
Posted by: Mariner8, July 19, 2019, 8:27am; Reply: 34
Quoted from SpudUDontLike
I thought Gibson looked decent. Excellent close control, very rarely gave it away, good vision, a good throw, and some dangerous crosses (with one notable exception, which was excrement).

Agreed, understandably seemed lacking in fitness though.
Posted by: sam gy, July 19, 2019, 9:24am; Reply: 35
Did the lad from West Ham play? Can’t remember his name
Posted by: Son of Cod, July 19, 2019, 9:29am; Reply: 36
Quoted from sam gy
Did the lad from West Ham play? Can’t remember his name

Evan Khouri? Not on the teamsheet. How old is he? Think he might only be 15, I'm guessing the unfamiliar names that played last night are the slightly older youths?
Posted by: Garth, July 19, 2019, 9:52am; Reply: 37
Gibson had a decent 45 minutes, taken off for fitness issue s
Posted by: Croxton, July 19, 2019, 1:04pm; Reply: 38
Goals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbx8Xa4VtNc

Hope this works.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, July 19, 2019, 3:21pm; Reply: 39
Shocking first goal every Town player just ball watching when it went out wide.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 11:08pm