Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 17, 2019, 9:20pm
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49015634

Posted by: wuffing, July 17, 2019, 9:23pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from KingstonMariner
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49015634

Posted by: Abdul19, July 17, 2019, 11:26pm; Reply: 2
75-100 too, approximately 84% of their fanbase.

No doubt they're all claiming it never happened.
Posted by: Rik e B, July 18, 2019, 3:45am; Reply: 3
What could they really do though in reality? "Please guys, stop that"

But yeah, karma-esque
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, July 18, 2019, 5:31am; Reply: 4
Which club? Link does not show it
Posted by: AdamHaddock, July 18, 2019, 7:39am; Reply: 5
Stevenage.
Posted by: mariner91, July 18, 2019, 8:40am; Reply: 6
The day they drop back into the non league abyss will be a happy one.
Posted by: Reverendmariner, July 18, 2019, 10:26am; Reply: 7
I have to say that in my view "bragate" at Stevenage was a very serious safeguarding matter which should never have been allowed to go away. I'm not one to criticise everything that the club/board do, but that was dreadfully handled. It was a question of sexual assault, but no-one in authority seemed  bothered about it.
Posted by: Son of Cod, July 18, 2019, 11:16am; Reply: 8
I've come to actually quite like FGR as a club since we went up and they aren't a direct competitor. I can tolerate Crawley and Fleetwood a bit more now that their money has dried up a bit. Stevenage though? intercourse 'em. Horrible club.
Posted by: ska face, July 18, 2019, 12:01pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Reverendmariner
I have to say that in my view "bragate" at Stevenage was a very serious safeguarding matter which should never have been allowed to go away. I'm not one to criticise everything that the club/board do, but that was dreadfully handled. It was a question of sexual assault, but no-one in authority seemed  bothered about it.

Probably because senior figures at BP, specifically Fenty and Nick Dale, are culpable for the appalling treatment fans receive as a direct result of their damaging statements and harmful rhetoric. When every match that might attract more than 100 away fans is moved to a 1pm kick off, when supporters have to open sandwiches to prove they’re not concealing weapons (yes, at Mansfield) and when women are asked to show their underwear to prove they’re not smuggling smoke bombs, you have Fenty and Dale to thank.

Jesus, bring on the takeover. I can’t wait for the club to be rid of these people.
Posted by: Heisenberg, July 18, 2019, 1:24pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Son of Cod
I've come to actually quite like FGR as a club since we went up and they aren't a direct competitor. I can tolerate Crawley and Fleetwood a bit more now that their money has dried up a bit. Stevenage though? intercourse 'em. Horrible club.

I still don't have a clue what this thread is about; as mentioned, the link doesn't work......

As for your comment on FGR, I'm actually with you.  I really don't mind them.  The owner has a vision; he might be a bit of a weirdo, and actually not that nice a person, maybe a bit too arrogant, but I have no malice towards them.  People hate the fact that FGR is his play thing, but I quite admire his principles and the fact he's trying to take them to another level.  How FFP comes into it, I don't know, but there are far more horrible clubs than them.
Posted by: Biccys, July 18, 2019, 1:33pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Heisenberg

I still don't have a clue what this thread is about; as mentioned, the link doesn't work......

Worked for me.
Stevenage given £5,000 Football Association fine after sexist chanting towards official.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 18, 2019, 1:38pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Heisenberg

Quoted Text
Stevenage have been fined £5,000 after admitting a Football Association charge of sexist chanting towards a female official during a home game in March.

About 75-100 home fans chanted for several minutes as fourth official Lisa Rashid replaced an assistant referee midway through their match with Bury.

The League Two game had been chosen as Stevenage's women in football day.

"We will impose significant bans on any supporters found guilty of such behaviour," said chairman Phil Wallace.

"Financial penalties really hurt small clubs like ourselves and this is a real blow to us as we fight financially to build a winning team."

Stevenage breached Football Association rule E20, which states "the club had failed to ensure that its spectators, and all persons purporting to be its supporters or followers, conducted themselves in an orderly fashion and refrained from using abusive and/or insulting words which included a reference, whether express or implied to gender, whilst attending a match in which it was involved".

The Hertfordshire club have also been ordered to implement a 15-point action plan - though the FA concluded they were not at fault for the behaviour, or the way it was dealt with on the day.

The FA say the chanting against Rashid - who assumed assistant refereeing duties around the 18th minute of the game - was "extremely offensive, both blatantly sexist and in vulgar indecent language".

Posted by: Les Brechin, July 19, 2019, 6:48pm; Reply: 13
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49003836
Posted by: ROKERITE, July 19, 2019, 7:12pm; Reply: 14
Their home and away strips for the coming season have to be contenders for worst of all time. Being sponsored by Burgerking doesn't help but if you are don't design a shirt that looks like an assistant's in one of your sponsor's restaurants.
Posted by: Marinerz93, July 21, 2019, 7:50pm; Reply: 15
Bra gate, now this, surely they should be on a register of some sorts now.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/j85vDqq.gif[/img]
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, July 22, 2019, 1:53pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Marinerz93
Bra gate, now this, surely they should be on a register of some sorts now.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/j85vDqq.gif[/img]

Just read the link Les posted above and noticed this....

Stevenage owner Phil Wallace takes pride in "doing things differently" - and having a world-renowned, Champions League-winning former Italy striker oversee the part sale of a club that has a creche on site is certainly that.

You have to wonder who if anyone has the job of checking the bras of any women who are breastfeeding their infants?  :-/

Posted by: RonMariner, July 23, 2019, 1:15pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from mariner91

Amen to that.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 24, 2019, 7:33am; Reply: 18
Quoted from mariner91

From Stevenage’s OS (new kit launch)...

“Season Ticket Holders can log-into their online account to receive 10% off their order”

STHs have an online account. Further proof that we’re living in the Stone Age.

Unless things change I think we are in much bigger danger of dropping back in non league.

I quite like Stevenage. There I said it. It’s on the east coast main line. It’s a pleasant walk to and from the railway station. And there’s a Nando’s 2 minutes from the station. What more do you want? Ok, maybe a Five Guys too would be nice.
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, July 24, 2019, 8:29am; Reply: 19
Everyone, there’s no point in forever bearing grudges, it’s just soul destroying. Get over it and move on.
Posted by: Posh Harry, July 24, 2019, 10:25am; Reply: 20
Quoted from GollyGTFC

“Season Ticket Holders can log-into their online account to receive 10% off their order”

Unless things change I think we are in much bigger danger of dropping back in non league.

I quite like Stevenage. There I said it. It’s on the east coast main line. It’s a pleasant walk to and from the railway station. And there’s a Nando’s 2 minutes from the station. What more do you want? Ok, maybe a Five Guys too would be nice.

Blimey. If you think Stevenage is a pleasant walk then I think you need to travel to a few more places!!!

And as for seeing nando’s as a positive, then I can only assume you are of a certain age where quality and service are not thing’s you are used to or aspire to. I went to one once, never again. Terrible experience, with bang average food. It’s only my opinion though.

Then again, I have turned 50 so maybe I expect a bit more, rightly or wrongly.

But a nice walk in Stevenage 😂😂😂

PS the old town in Stevenage is nice if you do want a nice walk in Stevenage 🙂
Posted by: lukeo, July 24, 2019, 10:32am; Reply: 21
Nandos is massively over rated.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 24, 2019, 10:55pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
Everyone, there’s no point in forever bearing grudges, it’s just soul destroying. Get over it and move on.

I'll have you know I've been very happy with my grudges over the years. They've given me a great deal of satisfaction. Maggie Thatcher. Diego Maradonna. Stevenage FC. And they're just the ones you'll have heard of. If someone causes you pain and has no remorse whatsoever the least you can do is hold a proper grudge and derive something from the situation.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 24, 2019, 10:58pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I remember being impressed by their on-line ticket ordering and seat selection the first season we were back int he league.

Also quite impressed Stevenage has a proper cycle network too.  Unexciting but decent looking housing. People are too sniffy about New Towns. Mind you they're a bunch of chavs  ;)
Posted by: Skrill, July 25, 2019, 12:07am; Reply: 24
Bragate
Posted by: GYinScuntland, July 25, 2019, 2:27am; Reply: 25
Quoted from GollyGTFC

A decent  Wetherspoons would help instead of those two load of balderdash.
Posted by: pizzzza, July 25, 2019, 6:50am; Reply: 26
Quoted from GollyGTFC

maybe a Five Guys too would be nice.

Each to their own.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 25, 2019, 6:57am; Reply: 27
Quoted from GYinScuntland

A decent  Wetherspoons would help instead of those two load of balderdash.

There is
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, July 25, 2019, 7:33am; Reply: 28
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I'll have you know I've been very happy with my grudges over the years. They've given me a great deal of satisfaction. Maggie Thatcher. Diego Maradonna. Stevenage FC. And they're just the ones you'll have heard of. If someone causes you pain and has no remorse whatsoever the least you can do is hold a proper grudge and derive something from the situation.

Okay. 😂😂
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, July 25, 2019, 1:40pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from lukeo
Nandos is massively over rated.

So I've heard...probably why I've always chickened out of going there  ;)
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 3:57pm