Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 17, 2019, 4:58pm
Is this size of advertising even allowed on a teams football shirt?

[img]https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AAEscG7.img?h=768&w=1080&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=283&y=162[/img]
Posted by: Meza, July 17, 2019, 5:01pm; Reply: 1
They could change the wording to Mr universe 😂😂
Posted by: wuffing, July 17, 2019, 5:05pm; Reply: 2
Neil Diamond: And money talks, but it don't sing and dance and it can't walk........well I guess it can now. What an atrocity!
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, July 17, 2019, 5:05pm; Reply: 3
Talk about selling your soul
Posted by: LH, July 17, 2019, 5:08pm; Reply: 4
Think the clue might be the sponsor with this one...
Posted by: Perkins, July 17, 2019, 5:39pm; Reply: 5
Probably an advertising stunt. Maximum logo size permitted is 250 cm squared apparently.
Posted by: Sweden, July 17, 2019, 5:55pm; Reply: 6
Oh my God. 250 cm ( 98.4252 Inches) ? :) :) :) :) :) :)
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, July 17, 2019, 6:06pm; Reply: 7
I wouldn’t bet on it!
Posted by: Perkins, July 17, 2019, 6:38pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Sweden
Oh my God. 250 cm ( 98.4252 Inches) ? :) :) :) :) :) :)

SQUARED, = 0.025 m.
Posted by: Sweden, July 17, 2019, 7:01pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Perkins

SQUARED, = 0.025 m.

0.025m = 1 inch. I think you are a foot and inch man. ;)
Posted by: CodHead, July 17, 2019, 7:43pm; Reply: 10
I bet that Huddersfield fans like it
Posted by: Tradjazz, July 17, 2019, 8:09pm; Reply: 11
Think it looks brilliant. Something different for a change.
:) :) :) :) :) :)
Posted by: hheh2, July 17, 2019, 8:48pm; Reply: 12
HuddersPADDYPOWERfield
Posted by: fleabag1970, July 17, 2019, 9:00pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Tradjazz
Think it looks brilliant. Something different for a change.
:) :) :) :) :) :)

Change CHANGE  ..... How dare you . No independent thoughts allowed on here
Posted by: Abdul19, July 17, 2019, 9:30pm; Reply: 14
Usual epic level bantz by paddy power
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 17, 2019, 9:31pm; Reply: 15
They look like sashes on some low rent beauty queens in a village fete.
Posted by: wigworld, July 17, 2019, 10:22pm; Reply: 16
Looks like a Huddersfield hen party.
Posted by: Rik e B, July 18, 2019, 3:47am; Reply: 17
Awful (Imo), yeah like girlie sashes  ;D
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 19, 2019, 10:38am; Reply: 18

Huddersfield Town confirm their controversial Paddy Power shirt was a prank

https://www.htafc.com/news/2019/july/towns-real-home-kit-is-revealed/
Posted by: gtfc98, July 19, 2019, 12:14pm; Reply: 19
Paddy Power are absolutely hilarious aren't they..... zzzzzz
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, July 19, 2019, 12:22pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from promotion plaice

Huddersfield Town confirm their controversial Paddy Power shirt was a prank

https://www.htafc.com/news/2019/july/towns-real-home-kit-is-revealed/

A prank? Advertising ploy plus a few bob for Huddersfield. I’d bet with PP that if it had been allowed to slide through by the EFA they would be calling it an advertising master stroke not a prank.

Posted by: Abdul19, July 19, 2019, 1:47pm; Reply: 21
People thought it was real?!
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 6, 2019, 8:47am; Reply: 22
A see that the FA have fined them £50,000 for their "stunt".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49599541
Posted by: Abdul19, September 6, 2019, 9:07am; Reply: 23
Good to see the FA are clamping down on big issues like this
Posted by: scrumble, September 6, 2019, 9:29am; Reply: 24
It might just be me, but I find it ridiculous that bookies are allowed to pay football clubs hundreds of thousands of pounds. Its not as if brown envelopes are unknown in the game, and yet its perfectly legal for companies who have millions riding on results every week to put money into teams they're taking bets on. Footballers aren't even allowed to gamble on games they aren't involved in, or even games in different leagues.
Posted by: diehardmariner, September 6, 2019, 9:59am; Reply: 25
Footballers can't bet on games because they're, in theory, a position of influence or insider knowledge.

Betting companies that sponsor teams aren't really in that same position.  They're basically hiring out the shirt space to promote the product.  

Let's face it.  The authorities have an issue with the Paddy Power stunt because they're not on the list of approved betting companies who have paid enough to have their name plastered across leagues.  

Paddy Power will be laughing at this.

1) Free promotion of their product as it's now cast back into the news.
2) They'll pick up the fine for Huddersfield under the guise of 'fighting back' or some other guff.  Couldn't buy PR anywhere near as good as that for £50,000.

As 'lads lads lads' as their product is, the Paddy Power PR team are doing a cracking job of keeping their product fresh without spending a fortune like Sky Bet etc. do.
Posted by: Grimsby2012, September 6, 2019, 10:57am; Reply: 26
Hmmm fined 50.000 but probably received millions in sponsorship payments in the first place.... That fine is small change and they probably knew it would come when they signed up for the logo placement.... Disgustingly small fine and won't out off others
Posted by: MarinerMal, September 6, 2019, 11:17am; Reply: 27
I think Paddy power are behind a save our shirt campaign (you may have seen the advert on TV) where they are sponsoring Football teams but NOT putting their name on the Shirts.

[url]https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9568775/southend-paddy-power-save-our-shirt-campaign-huddersfield-stunt-unveil-sponsor/[/url]
Posted by: Abdul19, September 6, 2019, 1:28pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Grimsby2012
Hmmm fined 50.000 but probably received millions in sponsorship payments in the first place.... That fine is small change and they probably knew it would come when they signed up for the logo placement.... Disgustingly small fine and won't out off others

I think £1m and 3 docked points would've been more appropriate for an oversized logo in a pre-season friendly
Posted by: scrumble, September 7, 2019, 4:05pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from diehardmariner
Betting companies that sponsor teams aren't really in that same position.  They're basically hiring out the shirt space to promote the product.  

A player in the National League can't bet on a game in the Premier League, but he's unlikely to have any influence over Man U v City. Bookies quite literally gamble on every single game in the football league, and give decent amounts of money to various clubs. Its not beyond the realms of possibility that they could give a team a nudge to with the offer of a bit more sponsorship next season. Do you think our friend E of the brown envelopes [name removed just to save a mod doing it] would turn it down?
Posted by: diehardmariner, September 16, 2019, 3:46pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from scrumble

A player in the National League can't bet on a game in the Premier League, but he's unlikely to have any influence over Man U v City. Bookies quite literally gamble on every single game in the football league, and give decent amounts of money to various clubs. Its not beyond the realms of possibility that they could give a team a nudge to with the offer of a bit more sponsorship next season. Do you think our friend E of the brown envelopes [name removed just to save a mod doing it] would turn it down?

Apologies, digging this one up a bit...

Oh I don't disagree with you, I think it's a case of one rule for one....I think the league argument is that whilst a League Two player won't be playing in the Manchester derby, he may well have insider knowledge about tactics, selections etc.  Probably from that massive WhatsApp group that all footballers are in.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 8:19am