Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 16, 2019, 2:04pm
An INITIAL allocation of 506 standing and 341 seats go on sale to season tickets holders from Monday.

I'm fairly sure we'll probably sell all those, so good to see the words "Initial Allocation"

Quoted Text

Ticket information regarding our opening Sky Bet League Two fixture of the 2019/20 campaign.

We have received an initial 506 terraced tickets and 341 seated tickets for our Sky Bet League Two opener at Morecambe on Saturday 3rd August. Tickets are priced as follows:

The Dennison Trailers Terrace

Adults - £17

Concession (65 and over) - £14

Young Adult (18-22 and Students*) - £10

Junior (Under 18 ) - £5

Under 11 – Free of Charge (1 per paying adult, concession or young adult)

PMG Stand A and B

Adults - £21

Concession (65 and over) - £17

Young Adult (18-22 and Students*) - £15

Junior (Under 18 ) - £6

Under 11 – Free of Charge (1 per paying adult, concession or young adult)

Away fans are no longer able to pay cash on the gate, so are strongly advised to purchase tickets in advance of Matchday.

Tickets will be available to season ticket holders on an unrestricted basis from 9am on Monday 22nd July, with remaining tickets available to Mariners Trust members on an unrestricted basis from 9am on Wednesday 24th July. Any remaining tickets going on general sale from Thursday 25th July.

Tickets can be purchased direct from the Blundell Park ticket office, calling 01472 605050 or by visiting http://www.gtfctickets.co.uk.
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 16, 2019, 2:06pm; Reply: 1
No pay on the gate .

Can Morecambe afford to turn fans away ?
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 16, 2019, 2:09pm; Reply: 2
The away terrace has a capacity of around 1,400, so no reason why we shouldn't get 1,700 in total.

Re: pay on the gate. Wouldn't be surprised if we would sell all 1,700 given it's a seaside location in August.
Posted by: diehardmariner, July 16, 2019, 2:15pm; Reply: 3
Two days priority for season ticket holders.
One day for Trust members.

Surely that's a typo?
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 16, 2019, 2:18pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from diehardmariner
Two days priority for season ticket holders.
One day for Trust members.

Surely that's a typo?

What's wrong with that? If a STH can't either get to BP, phone during office hours or get on the internet to buy in 48 hours they can't be that bothered about going.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 16, 2019, 2:21pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from grimsby pete
No pay on the gate .

Can Morecambe afford to turn fans away ?

The way I read it Pete is that you will be able to pay on the day but you'd have to buy a ticket from their ticket office first.
Posted by: diehardmariner, July 16, 2019, 2:43pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from GollyGTFC

What's wrong with that? If a STH can't either get to BP, phone during office hours or get on the internet to buy in 48 hours they can't be that bothered about going.

Thanks for that Mr Wraith.
Posted by: Gaffer58, July 16, 2019, 6:53pm; Reply: 7

Re: pay on the gate. Wouldn't be surprised if we would sell all 1,700 given it's a seaside location in August.[/quote]

Is not Cleethorpes a seaside location also, so really those that go are there for the football, now if it was St Tropiz or Benidorm !!!
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 16, 2019, 6:57pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Les Brechin

The way I read it Pete is that you will be able to pay on the day but you'd have to buy a ticket from their ticket office first.

That will help a few exiles then Les. :)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 16, 2019, 7:53pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Gaffer58

Re: pay on the gate. Wouldn't be surprised if we would sell all 1,700 given it's a seaside location in August.

Is not Cleethorpes a seaside location also, so really those that go are there for the football, now if it was St Tropiz or Benidorm !!![/quote]

You really wouln't want your average daytripper stripping off on Cleethorpes beach.
Posted by: jaygy, July 24, 2019, 1:33pm; Reply: 10
Does anyone know how well these are selling? I’m hoping to get a couple of seated tickets on general sale on Friday
Posted by: tintowner, July 24, 2019, 2:01pm; Reply: 11
I really do hope that I can get a couple of tickets....or ots the home end for me.
Posted by: Son of Cod, July 24, 2019, 2:21pm; Reply: 12
Posted this in another thread...
Quoted from Son of Cod

Just spoke to their ticket office. I asked them if we could buy from the ticket office on the day and their response that they've sent the whole allocation to us and they're strongly advising that we don't travel without a ticket. They did say that for any exiles though, we can buy the tickets from the Town ticket office and get it delivered to the Globe Arena to be picked up on matchday if needs be.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 25, 2019, 3:24pm; Reply: 13
Over 500 sold ahead of going on general sale tomorrow.
Posted by: ska face, July 25, 2019, 4:55pm; Reply: 14
Just checked on the Morecambe website and their home fans can even print off their own tickets or download them to their phones.

How far behind are we going to be when someone else comes in? The club are in the dark ages. Fenty, just sign the deal & foooookk ooooffff.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 25, 2019, 5:08pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from ska face
Just checked on the Morecambe website and their home fans can even print off their own tickets or download them to their phones.

How far behind are we going to be when someone else comes in? The club are in the dark ages. Fenty, just sign the deal & foooookk ooooffff.

...and they can pick their own seat.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 25, 2019, 5:47pm; Reply: 16
League Two clubs where you can "pick your seat" on their official website:-

Bradford City
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Cheltenham Town
Colchester United
Crawley Town
Crewe Alexandra
Exeter City
Forest Green Rovers
Leyton Orient
Macclesfield Town
Mansfield Town
Morecambe
Newport County
Northampton Town
Oldham Athletic
Plymouth Argyle
Scunthorpe United
Stevenage
Swindon Town
Walsall

League Two clubs where you cannot "pick your seat" on their official website:-

Grimsby Town

NB...

Port Vale don't currently have any tickets available for sale for any home matches online. Season Ticket page only contains a phone number.
Salford City don't currently have any tickets available for sale. There is a message saying they "expect to have an online ticket system available very soon – supporters will be able to book tickets online..."

So, 21 clubs in League 2 offer "pick your own seat". Grimsby Town don't. Salford are about to launch it. And Port Vale seem to be in a total mess following their recent takeover.

Which I think ranks us 23rd in the League 2 convenience to buy tickets league table.
Posted by: AussieMariner, July 25, 2019, 5:52pm; Reply: 17
Can’t get to BP before the match so have bought tickets in the home seats just next to the Town seats. Get the benefit of being with Town fans (can’t imagine too many home fans choosing those seats unless its full) and was able to select the seats I wanted and print the tickets at home.
So add at least 3 to the away crowd.
Agree with previous posters, it’s time for GTFC to discover the internet.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 25, 2019, 6:01pm; Reply: 18
There appears to be a small section of away seating tickets on sale on the Morecambe website if people click "change to away" when they come to the stadium diagram. Around 20 seats in Section A & 105 seats in Sections B.
Posted by: Posh Harry, July 25, 2019, 6:04pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Shouldn’t be a problem. There’s usually no one there. They can have whatever seat they want.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 25, 2019, 6:44pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Don’t know why someone should red cross a fact. Or is it just fat fingers?
Posted by: Son of Cod, July 25, 2019, 10:21pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from AussieMariner
Can’t get to BP before the match so have bought tickets in the home seats just next to the Town seats. Get the benefit of being with Town fans (can’t imagine too many home fans choosing those seats unless its full) and was able to select the seats I wanted and print the tickets at home.
So add at least 3 to the away crowd.
Agree with previous posters, it’s time for GTFC to discover the internet.

You could have got our ticket office to send them to Morecambe to pick up on match day...
Posted by: AussieMariner, July 25, 2019, 10:45pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Son of Cod

You could have got our ticket office to send them to Morecambe to pick up on match day...

Yes but I now have my tickets in my wallet and am very happy with the seats I selected.
For the Bradford home game on the other hand I have no idea where I’m sitting and have to collect my tickets from the shop before the game. And the email receipt I got said my tickets had been shipped to my address even though the ticket office doesn’t post tickets.
Helpful and lovely as the staff in the office are the ticketing system just isn’t up to date.
Posted by: Son of Cod, July 25, 2019, 10:48pm; Reply: 23

Yes but I now have my tickets in my wallet and am very happy with the seats I selected.
For the Bradford home game on the other hand I have no idea where I’m sitting and have to collect my tickets from the shop before the game. And the email receipt I got said my tickets had been shipped to my address even though the ticket office doesn’t post tickets.
Helpful and lovely as the staff in the office are the ticketing system just isn’t up to date.

Fair enough if you're happy with your seat selection. They do post tickets if you order online, though.
Posted by: AussieMariner, July 26, 2019, 7:58am; Reply: 24
Quoted from Son of Cod

Fair enough if you're happy with your seat selection. They do post tickets if you order online, though.

When I phoned them because the tickets had not arrived they said the shipped email I got was a standard email but they don’t actually post the tickets and they have to be collected. The site says’ Please select COLLECTION at CHECKOUT as we do not provide a delivery service.
Anyway, that’s beside the point. A modern ticketing system allows the customer to select their seats and print the tickets out or use an image on the phone to scan a bar code at the turnstile.
We do not have a modern ticketing system. The system the office uses is antiquated, inefficient, contradictory, non user-friendly ..... hang on a minute 🤔
Posted by: AussieMariner, July 26, 2019, 7:58am; Reply: 25
Quoted from Son of Cod

When I phoned them because the tickets had not arrived they said the shipped email I got was a standard email but they don’t actually post the tickets and they have to be collected. The site says’ Please select COLLECTION at CHECKOUT as we do not provide a delivery service.
Anyway, that’s beside the point. A modern ticketing system allows the customer to select their seats and print the tickets out or use an image on the phone to scan a bar code at the turnstile.
We do not have a modern ticketing system. The system the office uses is antiquated, inefficient, contradictory, non user-friendly ..... hang on a minute 🤔
Posted by: Son of Cod, July 26, 2019, 9:03am; Reply: 26

Maybe it's changed. The only time I bought away tickets in advance last season was Palace and I managed to buy them online and get them sent to my address. Anyway yeah, doesn't matter and I totally agree with your criticism on not having a more efficient system generally.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 26, 2019, 10:17am; Reply: 27
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Don’t know why someone should red cross a fact. Or is it just fat fingers?

Clearly just a bunch of cnuts
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, July 26, 2019, 10:31am; Reply: 28
Quoted from GollyGTFC

To be fair, along with the legendary season ticket hand written note book, imagine the amount of note books the ticket office would go through having to draw all the seats at Blundell Park for each home game and then cross the seat off whenever one was chosen ;)

Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, July 26, 2019, 10:34am; Reply: 29

Clearly just a bunch of cnuts

They are probably very self conscious about their fat fingers ;D  
Posted by: Hagrid, July 26, 2019, 10:43am; Reply: 30
so anyway how many we sold
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, July 26, 2019, 10:49am; Reply: 31
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Over 500 sold ahead of going on general sale tomorrow.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 26, 2019, 12:36pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90

They are probably very self conscious about their fat fingers ;D  

You could be right. I apologise to all for being fattist (but not fattEst )
Posted by: Gaffer58, July 26, 2019, 2:53pm; Reply: 33
A positive of our antiquated system could be that Mr Fenty doesn't want to spend the money updating as within 1/2 years we'll be in our all singing, all dancing modern brand new stadium.Or maybe we won't!!!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 26, 2019, 8:10pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Gaffer58
A positive of our antiquated system could be that Mr Fenty doesn't want to spend the money updating as within 1/2 years we'll be in our all singing, all dancing modern brand new stadium.Or maybe we won't!!!

If that’s the reason maybe someone should explain modern technology and how portable it is.
Posted by: AussieMariner, July 26, 2019, 9:21pm; Reply: 35

If that’s the reason maybe someone should explain modern technology and how portable it is.

Exactly
The last time I looked at a ticketing system I’m pretty sure it wasn’t hard coded to only work for one stadium
And I’m pretty sure that a company can subscribe pretty cost effectively through various software suppliers using Software as a Service (SaaS)
In fact, aren’t we actually sponsored by a software company?
Posted by: Gaffer58, July 26, 2019, 9:32pm; Reply: 36
So basically why are we so far behind other clubs, a genuine question that probably one of the trust members on the board could ask/ answer.
Posted by: ska face, July 26, 2019, 9:46pm; Reply: 37
What’s it got to do with the Trust?

The answer is simple - John Fenty.
Posted by: Brazilnut, July 27, 2019, 4:55am; Reply: 38
Quoted from ska face
What’s it got to do with the Trust?

The answer is simple - John Fenty.

Now come on be fair  when Mr Fenty made his money with fish  it was a time of the Simplex D accounts book  a time of ledgers being done in pencil and an old guy hunched over a desk collating orders and dispatches.

Since the modern times of the micro chip (oddly a chip that wont go with his fish) he has seen his fortune dwindle and suffered torrents of abuse on some new fangled thing call a web site which he went on cos he thought it was about fish, he has since been informed these web sites things are on something called the internet and after going to the library and reading some books he found out the internet thing lives  in some strange devices called computers /laptops/ smart phones  

So why on earth would he invite this bully the internet thing  into his office to provide a modern ticketing system to benefit  the Trojan horse that has dwindled his pocket money or to please/ assist    those angler type people  on that there  fishing type  website that call him names .....no thank you  I got big with note pads and pencils  so this club will get big with note pads pencils and if something goes wrong we can just erase it and start again
Posted by: jaygy, July 27, 2019, 9:12am; Reply: 39
After many failed attempts trying to call the ticket office yesterday(it felt like they were just ignoring the phones) I have to say that once I got through the lady was extremely pleasant and helpful. I tried booking them online but even though I’m fairly good with online booking the system is terrible and needs a major overhaul IMO, I gave up and just waited for them to eventually answer the phone. I’m just wondering that if it took me 5 attempts during the day to actually get through how much money do the club miss out on from many others that will have tried and given up?
Posted by: moosey_club, July 27, 2019, 9:20am; Reply: 40

its not as portable as a note pad though is it ?  ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 27, 2019, 11:05am; Reply: 41
Quoted from moosey_club

its not as portable as a note pad though is it ?  ;)

Maybe I didn’t appreciate the genius at work. Note books cannot be hacked by the Russkies either.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 27, 2019, 11:09am; Reply: 42
Quoted from jaygy
After many failed attempts trying to call the ticket office yesterday(it felt like they were just ignoring the phones) I have to say that once I got through the lady was extremely pleasant and helpful. I tried booking them online but even though I’m fairly good with online booking the system is terrible and needs a major overhaul IMO, I gave up and just waited for them to eventually answer the phone. I’m just wondering that if it took me 5 attempts during the day to actually get through how much money do the club miss out on from many others that will have tried and given up?

I find the same. Service in the ticket office is always good when you speak to someone. But it’d surely be better for the club if you didn’t have to tie up staff and phone lines for a simple transaction.
Posted by: londonmariner2, July 27, 2019, 11:19am; Reply: 43
Quoted from jaygy

My mate stopped going because of this. He couldn't navigate the online system, couldn't get through on the phone and turned around to me and said "I can't be bothered with this anymore". He hasn't been since. That was 4 years ago.
I bet there are a few more like that.
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 27, 2019, 12:47pm; Reply: 44
The club needs to get up to date with lots of things ,

This  should happen with the takeover and moving into our new super duper new stadium,

BUT

Surely even now it must be cost effective to produce a credit type card for fans instead of a book of tickets for season ticket holders.
Posted by: AussieMariner, July 27, 2019, 12:54pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from londonmariner2

My mate stopped going because of this. He couldn't navigate the online system, couldn't get through on the phone and turned around to me and said "I can't be bothered with this anymore". He hasn't been since. That was 4 years ago.
I bet there are a few more like that.

Critical as I am of the ticketing system I think stopping going is a bit of an over-reaction. It’s not that bad, just outdated and inefficient, but I suspect that describes a few of us as well  :-/
My only real complaint is not being able to select my seat as I like to be near an aisle as I don’t like inconveniencing people if I feel like a pint or need to make room for one, but that’s only a minor inconvenience.
Surely for nearly every game you could just rock up and pay on the gate.
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 27, 2019, 1:13pm; Reply: 46

Critical as I am of the ticketing system I think stopping going is a bit of an over-reaction. It’s not that bad, just outdated and inefficient, but I suspect that describes a few of us as well  :-/
My only real complaint is not being able to select my seat as I like to be near an aisle as I don’t like inconveniencing people if I feel like a pint or need to make room for one, but that’s only a minor inconvenience.
Surely for nearly every game you could just rock up and pay on the gate.

Agree there must of been other factors in his decision not to attend.
Posted by: londonmariner2, July 27, 2019, 4:01pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from grimsby pete

Agree there must of been other factors in his decision not to attend.

I was trying to get him interested again and he lasted about 7 or 8 games
Posted by: Gaffer58, July 27, 2019, 5:51pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from londonmariner2

I was trying to get him interested again and he lasted about 7 or 8 games

Was it when Slade was here? If so did really well to do that many games.
Posted by: The Archaeologist, July 27, 2019, 9:33pm; Reply: 49
Bought my tickets via the GTFC website on Friday lunchtime, landed on my doormat 150 miles away at 11.30 this morning. Straightforward and problem free as far as I can see.  
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 27, 2019, 10:42pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from The Archaeologist
Bought my tickets via the GTFC website on Friday lunchtime, landed on my doormat 150 miles away at 11.30 this morning. Straightforward and problem free as far as I can see.  

You would say that. You love archaic things.
Posted by: Croxton, July 28, 2019, 10:23am; Reply: 51
Bought mine along with yesterdays ticket. Good service as usual.

Just booked a room at the quiet end of the prom for Friday. £30 inc breakfast/ free parking. Fancy testing the knees on a Lakeland Fell before our first victory. Local stroll Sat. a.m.

What could go wrong?
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, July 28, 2019, 12:23pm; Reply: 52
So the conclusion is.....

You can not fault the service you get from the ticket office either on the phone or in person. They have been known to go the extra mile to accommodate requests. 10 out of 10 we could not have better.

BUT.......

The systems they are asked to use are so outdated and time consuming it can not be easy to work with them.

So please do not shoot the messenger if you do not like the message, our ticket office staff do a remarkable job and we should appreciate them for all they do for us.

So please can we have a nice new ticketing system for next season please Mr JF (or whoever if the takeover happens)

Yous sincerly,

The Loyal Fans of Grimsby Town F.C.
Posted by: Marinerz93, July 28, 2019, 12:35pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from Brazilnut

Now come on be fair  when Mr Fenty made his money with fish  it was a time of the Simplex D accounts book  a time of ledgers being done in pencil and an old guy hunched over a desk collating orders and dispatches.

Since the modern times of the micro chip (oddly a chip that wont go with his fish) he has seen his fortune dwindle and suffered torrents of abuse on some new fangled thing call a web site which he went on cos he thought it was about fish, he has since been informed these web sites things are on something called the internet and after going to the library and reading some books he found out the internet thing lives  in some strange devices called computers /laptops/ smart phones  

So why on earth would he invite this bully the internet thing  into his office to provide a modern ticketing system to benefit  the Trojan horse that has dwindled his pocket money or to please/ assist    those angler type people  on that there  fishing type  website that call him names .....no thank you  I got big with note pads and pencils  so this club will get big with note pads pencils and if something goes wrong we can just erase it and start again

Fenty reminds me of Jen from the IT Crowd.

[youtube]Vywf48Dhyns[/youtube]
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 28, 2019, 4:40pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from Marinerz93

Fenty reminds me of Jen from the IT Crowd.

[youtube]Vywf48Dhyns[/youtube]

Jen’s audience reminds me of the Fenty fanboys.
Posted by: rancido, July 28, 2019, 6:05pm; Reply: 55
Why am I not surprised that a thread about tickets for the Morecambe match turns into an anti JF rant. Why can't some people give it a rest - it's counter productive, boring and makes the posters appear to be bitter, vindictive articles.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 28, 2019, 6:11pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from rancido
Why am I not surprised that a thread about tickets for the Morecambe match turns into an anti JF rant. Why can't some people give it a rest - it's counter productive, boring and makes the posters appear to be bitter, vindictive articles.

Because ticketing is just another example of the incompetent way the club is run. If you can’t join the dots, then you will struggle to understand.
Posted by: rancido, July 28, 2019, 6:30pm; Reply: 57
I can join the dots and I do understand but why can't we give it a rest. As a point of interest wouldn't it be Fleming who was responsible for these administration matters?
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, July 28, 2019, 7:02pm; Reply: 58
Anyone else going by train?

Grantham to Leeds then the 1018 direct to Morcambe (The scenic route not the fastest) arriving at 12.24.

Over 2 hours on a train with no buffet (or WiFi)  !  Still it will be cheaper to take our own drinks. Don't let us down 'Northern'.
Posted by: jaygy, July 29, 2019, 8:34am; Reply: 59
I’m taking my 4 year old daughter for her first away game and then staying overnight in Bay Horse before a day at Blackpool zoo, hopefully it’ll be a good weekend all round and one to remember for her first away trip
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 29, 2019, 9:26am; Reply: 60
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Anyone else going by train?

Grantham to Leeds then the 1018 direct to Morcambe (The scenic route not the fastest) arriving at 12.24.

Over 2 hours on a train with no buffet (or WiFi)  !  Still it will be cheaper to take our own drinks. Don't let us down 'Northern'.

I'm booked on the same trains. What are the chances?
Posted by: Chrisblor, July 29, 2019, 11:28am; Reply: 61
Quoted from rancido
I can join the dots and I do understand but why can't we give it a rest. As a point of interest wouldn't it be Fleming who was responsible for these administration matters?

Because if we all bend over and accept things are excrement then they'll never change for the better. Pretty obvious that.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, July 29, 2019, 12:04pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I'm booked on the same trains. What are the chances?

Are the two of you going to chaos mayhem and misery for the other commuters before running amok in Morecambe?
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, July 29, 2019, 12:05pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Are the two of you going to chaos mayhem and misery for the other commuters before running amok in Morecambe?

No but Nick Dale would make you think that we will.

(anger3)
Posted by: lukeo, July 29, 2019, 10:24pm; Reply: 64
850 hooligans bought their tickets so far

For anyone who thinks that the above statement about hooligans is true its not. Just 850 dedicated black n white fans, cluv expecting over 1,000.
Posted by: Gaffer58, July 30, 2019, 9:22am; Reply: 65
Quoted from lukeo

For anyone who thinks that the above statement about hooligans is true its not. Just 850 dedicated black n white fans, cluv expecting over 1,000.

Hope Mr Dale has informed Morecombe that the barbarians are coming so that they can adequately prepare, he's probably already in contact with the local police to have the kickoff moved to 8am.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, July 30, 2019, 1:05pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from GollyGTFC
There appears to be a small section of away seating tickets on sale on the Morecambe website if people click "change to away" when they come to the stadium diagram. Around 20 seats in Section A & 105 seats in Sections B.

Either we have bought them all or they have been taken down now. I hope ND's rant in the GET or his 'intelligence' to Morecambe have nothing to do with it!

I understand that there is normally NO segregation in the seating area at Morecambe, everyone home or away share all the facilities (Toilets, Food kiosks etc). Lets hope it is so on the day!

Posted by: arryarryarry, July 30, 2019, 4:38pm; Reply: 67

Either we have bought them all or they have been taken down now. I hope ND's rant in the GET or his 'intelligence' to Morecambe have nothing to do with it!

I understand that there is normally NO segregation in the seating area at Morecambe, everyone home or away share all the facilities (Toilets, Food kiosks etc). Lets hope it is so on the day!

Not sure that is the case, every time I have been there has been a "no mans" area of seats.
Posted by: Son of Cod, July 31, 2019, 1:16pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from lukeo

Nice. Where did you get figure from?
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, August 2, 2019, 10:24am; Reply: 69
Heading over tomorrow with my lads. Any suggestions from anybody for somewhere to get a pint before that is likely to be alright with the kids?
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 2, 2019, 11:25am; Reply: 70
You can buy tickets on the day (Cash only)  :)
Posted by: ska face, August 2, 2019, 12:30pm; Reply: 71
You can buy tickets on the day (Cash only)  :)

Great news for everyone who paid nigh on £7 postage, plus another £1 “handling fee” after the club’s ambiguous messaging.

It’s the same every illegitimate time, sick to death of it.
Posted by: lukeo, August 2, 2019, 12:35pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from ska face

Great news for everyone who paid nigh on £7 postage, plus another £1 “handling fee” after the club’s ambiguous messaging.

I might be wrong but i thought you could always pay on the day?
Posted by: Trickytrev, August 2, 2019, 1:13pm; Reply: 73
Quoted Text from GTFC page which should answer the questions.
Ticket News

Town fans will be housed in The Dennison Trailers Terrace at one end of the ground, where 1,389 supporters can be accommodated. In addition, Morecambe have also made some seats for Town fans available in the PMG Stand.

Just a reminder that there are no cash turnstiles at The Globe Arena, everyone has to have a ticket.

Tickets can be bought on the day from the away ticket office (cash) but it is recommended that supporters buy a ticket from the GTFC ticket office before 3pm on Friday as they will be £2 dearer on the day of the game

Around 900 of our 1,769 ticket allocation have been sold.
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, August 2, 2019, 1:17pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from Trickytrev
Quoted Text from GTFC page which should answer the questions.
Ticket News

Town fans will be housed in The Dennison Trailers Terrace at one end of the ground, where 1,389 supporters can be accommodated. In addition, Morecambe have also made some seats for Town fans available in the PMG Stand.

Just a reminder that there are no cash turnstiles at The Globe Arena, everyone has to have a ticket.

Tickets can be bought on the day from the away ticket office (cash) but it is recommended that supporters buy a ticket from the GTFC ticket office before 3pm on Friday as they will be £2 dearer on the day of the game

Around 900 of our 1,769 ticket allocation have been sold.

Bloody good effort that already! Lets hope the travelling fans are rewarded for their efforts!
Posted by: Chrisblor, August 2, 2019, 1:58pm; Reply: 75
All trains between Sheffield & Manchester have been cancelled over the weekend because of the situation with the dam on Whaley Bridge (even though the train line is over a mile away from the dam) - https://www.tpexpress.co.uk/travel-updates/flooding

If you were intending to catch a train to Manchester Picadilly tomorrow it'll only be going as far as Sheffield. Absolute nightmare.
Posted by: Son of Cod, August 2, 2019, 2:11pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from ska face

Haha yep, thanks for confirming that detail after the LAST DAY FOR POSTAGE announcement. Tomorrow is gonna have costed me about £145 for just ticket and travel I reckon.
Posted by: bluerose13x, August 2, 2019, 7:12pm; Reply: 77
I'll stick this on here, for those travelling by train to Morcambe, looks like trains between Sheffield and Manchester may be suspended until Monday due to the dam that's damaged. Tickets are being accepted on reasonable other routes ….edit.....looks like Grimsby, Donny, Leeds Direct to Morecambe would be best way...
Posted by: psgmariner, August 2, 2019, 8:05pm; Reply: 78
There’s trains from Leeds direct to morecambe isn’t there?
Posted by: Croxton, August 2, 2019, 8:10pm; Reply: 79
Chrisblor. I am here in Morecambe already, driving back to Sheffield after the game. Lift back if you need one!
Posted by: bluerose13x, August 2, 2019, 9:04pm; Reply: 80
Quoted from psgmariner
There’s trains from Leeds direct to morecambe isn’t there?

Your right, there is, jumped the gun without looking at that bit !

Posted by: lukeo, August 2, 2019, 11:53pm; Reply: 81
Over 1,000 sold with tickets available on the day. Utm
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 10:11am