Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: You stripes UTM, July 15, 2019, 9:40pm
Matt Dean on Twitter asking if we are back in for Joe Grayson after MJ has said he hopes to conclude a loan signing in the next few days:

“I think Joe did well for us last season. Until we have a player signed i don’t really want to comment.”

Would 100% have him back here, looked a solid left back and very capable of getting forward. And the passion he had for us after such a short time was 2nd to none.
Posted by: psgmariner, July 15, 2019, 9:45pm; Reply: 1
Seriously?
Posted by: Hagrid, July 15, 2019, 9:45pm; Reply: 2
Passion i dont really see that. Any player can kiss a badge and gee up a crowd- lee peacock.........  however yes i would also have him back, think he has a lot of talent
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, July 15, 2019, 9:46pm; Reply: 3
Definitely a signing I'd be happy with...
For as much as ring was excellent in a challenge he got rinsed one too often by average players and really lacks any threat coming forward ..all of which I thought Grayson had, looked good attacking, scored a goal and also got back pretty quick and seemed to have a good tank on him..
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 15, 2019, 9:47pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from You stripes UTM
Matt Dean on Twitter asking if we are back in for Joe Grayson after MJ has said he hopes to conclude a loan signing in the next few days:

“I think Joe did well for us last season. Until we have a player signed i don’t really want to comment.”

Would 100% have him back here, looked a solid left back and very capable of getting forward. And the passion he had for us after such a short time was 2nd to none.

MJ took him off on his debut and had a word with him. It didn't look bad and he played alright but after that he disappeared off the face of the earth until we were safe. In those last few games, he gave a great account of himself so I would be more than happy with that signing.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, July 15, 2019, 9:50pm; Reply: 5
Would be a good signing
Posted by: Maringer, July 15, 2019, 10:44pm; Reply: 6
The only thing I remember about him was the goal which he took very well indeed.
Posted by: You stripes UTM, July 15, 2019, 10:54pm; Reply: 7
He took a goal well from Vernam’s cross against Carlisle in the last minute and ran straight to the fans in the ponny. Then his goal against Crewe on the last game of the season where he turned 2 of their players and swung one in the corner. Was gutted he had to go really!
Posted by: Davec, July 16, 2019, 6:35am; Reply: 8
Funny how opinions change, Grayson took a roasting from some people on this forum when he was here
Posted by: MuddyWaters, July 16, 2019, 7:19am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Davec
Funny how opinions change, Grayson took a roasting from some people on this forum when he was here

It was a long time before he was given a chance. I'd be happy to have him at LB and he can also, like Hendrie, cover CB.
Posted by: forza ivano, July 16, 2019, 7:48am; Reply: 10
I must be seen him on a bad day cos I thought he was a bit poo in the game i saw him in.maybe his debut?
Posted by: pizzzza, July 16, 2019, 8:30am; Reply: 11
Do we even know for sure that the loan player MJ is alluding to is Grayson? Apart from the question from Matt Dean what clues are there?
Posted by: wiggers, July 16, 2019, 8:41am; Reply: 12
I’m hoping for a big CB. Grayson ok but think we could do better. I worried every time we conceded a corner or free kick last season. I know Ohman adds some height but would like to see another big, tall, strong CB play alongside him.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, July 16, 2019, 9:09am; Reply: 13
He didn’t really look comfortable in any position he played and struggled to tie a space down in a struggling side.

Hopefully if he signs he’s got more than he showed.
Posted by: diehardmariner, July 16, 2019, 9:20am; Reply: 14
Thought Grayson was ok on his debut and wasn't quite sure why he got subbed at half-time, wasn't great but wasn't awful.  

Looked a lot better in the final few games at left-back and a more mobile and athletic option than Ring.  Wouldn't at all be disappointed to see him return.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, July 16, 2019, 9:39am; Reply: 15
Worth a bet it is him.

[url]https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/grimsby-transfer-news-loan-signing-3095525[/url]

None of the trialists signed up though.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), July 16, 2019, 9:48am; Reply: 16
Quoted from wiggers
I’m hoping for a big CB. Grayson ok but think we could do better. I worried every time we conceded a corner or free kick last season. I know Ohman adds some height but would like to see another big, tall, strong CB play alongside him.

I think Hanson will be a great asset for defending at corners.

Posted by: marinerdazza, July 16, 2019, 10:05am; Reply: 17
Frankly, I'd much rather have Grayson than any of the trialists.
Posted by: Son of Cod, July 16, 2019, 10:08am; Reply: 18
Matt Dean and RH haven't got a single bit of transfer speculation correct this pre-season regarding us, have they?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 16, 2019, 5:37pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Son of Cod
Matt Dean and RH haven't got a single bit of transfer speculation correct this pre-season regarding us, have they?

‘It’s about trust John’
Posted by: Nutsy, July 16, 2019, 6:23pm; Reply: 20
The trialist at boston who played right back I believe was trash imo so glad hes not signed
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 2:38pm