Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: AidansArmy99, July 15, 2019, 12:22am
I've heard bits about the trialists but there was a fourth trialist who played the full 90 mins against Boston other night called Charlie Fox from QPR, just wondering if he's any good and if you know anything about him as not much has been said of him like Penny, Garratt and Senior
Posted by: Rik e B, July 15, 2019, 1:41am; Reply: 1
Released from QPR youth setup I believe but by all accounts dropped a horrendous bollock for one of their goals and was pretty poor so it may be bye bye. Maybe he'll get a chance to redeem himself though, we'll see.
Posted by: thevera, July 15, 2019, 6:54am; Reply: 2
Quoted from AidansArmy99
I've heard bits about the trialists but there was a fourth trialist who played the full 90 mins against Boston other night called Charlie Fox from QPR, just wondering if he's any good and if you know anything about him as not much has been said of him like Penny, Garratt and Senior

It's not the same guy who accepted Jean Jacques Burnel's invitation for "anyone who would like to fight to come up here now" at The Stranglers gig held at the Winter Gardens during the Summer of 1977 is it?
He must have got a lot fitter than he was in those days. Anyone know if he's still around?
I seem to remember the incident made the front page of The NME under the headline Summer of Hate or similar.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, July 15, 2019, 9:51am; Reply: 3
I've heard snippets of this over the last couple of days,  any chance of the full story please.
I remember CF from the seventies although we never knew each other
Posted by: You stripes UTM, July 15, 2019, 9:56am; Reply: 4
Watched him at Boston on Thursday night and he was absolutely woeful. A little better when he went to his natural position at LB as he played CB in the 1st half.

Would want to see him play LB again, Penny has been poor at RB. Only Jack Senior that looks like a decent trialist - want to see him again though as it was only against Clee Town.
Posted by: londonmariner2, July 15, 2019, 12:07pm; Reply: 5
I remember a Charlie Fox from the 70's.
Legendary Town fan I think
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, July 15, 2019, 4:04pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from londonmariner2
I remember a Charlie Fox from the 70's.
Legendary Town fan I think

See above in ref to Stranglers show in June 77.
Posted by: AidansArmy99, July 15, 2019, 6:53pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from You stripes UTM
Watched him at Boston on Thursday night and he was absolutely woeful. A little better when he went to his natural position at LB as he played CB in the 1st half.

Would want to see him play LB again, Penny has been poor at RB. Only Jack Senior that looks like a decent trialist - want to see him again though as it was only against Clee Town.

Yes I think Senior did well at Clee game but like we say that's Clee but I don't see any of them signing, we need better players
Posted by: jock dock tower, July 15, 2019, 7:42pm; Reply: 8
I remember Tommy Fox, now there was a club legend! Dressed up to the nines and looking like an extra in Dad's Army, Tommy was the ultimate "they shall not pass type" when he was the steward at the Findus Stand entrance. Also a stalwart of local non league football for donkey's years.
Posted by: barralad, July 15, 2019, 8:07pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from jock dock tower
I remember Tommy Fox, now there was a club legend! Dressed up to the nines and looking like an extra in Dad's Army, Tommy was the ultimate "they shall not pass type" when he was the steward at the Findus Stand entrance. Also a stalwart of local non league football for donkey's years.

Tommy was also Secretary of the Lindsey Sunday League. Many's the time I incurred his wrath for putting in a late signing on form...
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 8:15pm