Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: jock dock tower, July 11, 2019, 4:50pm
Town's last ever 1st Division game (which we narrowly lost!) is amongst a number of 1947-8 Arsenal home programmes in lot number 1483 in tomorrow's sportingold auction. The auction is online and you can bid via the saleroom.com should you be interested. Guide price is £35 to £40, and I don't see them going for more than that. Buy the lot, sell the others and some Town fan might have a bargain programme on their hands.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 11, 2019, 6:24pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from jock dock tower
Town's last ever 1st Division game (which we narrowly lost!) is amongst a number of 1947-8 Arsenal home programmes in lot number 1483 in tomorrow's sportingold auction. The auction is online and you can bid via the saleroom.com should you be interested. Guide price is £35 to £40, and I don't see them going for more than that. Buy the lot, sell the others and some Town fan might have a bargain programme on their hands.

Might have a go for that. It says the auction is a week on Friday (19th) though. Can you post an advance bid?
Posted by: jock dock tower, July 11, 2019, 10:10pm; Reply: 2
Sorry Les, yes you can, and it is a week on Friday - my mistake. If you want to avoid the saleroom percentage though, an extra 4% on top of the bid (which again is on their 18% commission) let me know and I can leave a bid for you with Chris Williams who runs sportingold as I'm a regular customer. No extra commission to pay then.
Posted by: cannylad68, July 12, 2019, 9:31am; Reply: 3
I've mentioned this before.
I have a copy.
Interesting that a certain Ralph Boulton was in the Town line up, who was a teacher at Immingham Secondary school at the time, but he didn't play.
Perhaps he couldn't get there in time.
How times have changed.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 12, 2019, 9:36am; Reply: 4
Quoted from cannylad68
I've mentioned this before.
I have a copy.
Interesting that a certain Ralph Boulton was in the Town line up, who was a teacher at Immingham Secondary school at the time, but he didn't play.
Perhaps he couldn't get there in time.
How times have changed.

He was at Chelmsford School too at the end of the 70's when I was there.
Posted by: cannylad68, July 12, 2019, 11:19am; Reply: 5
As I said, how times have changed, not always for the better.
Posted by: cannylad68, July 12, 2019, 11:23am; Reply: 6
It would be interesting to hear similar stories of Town players in the past.
I remember Tom Redding from Immingham Town making 3 first team appearences for the Town.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 5:39pm