Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), July 10, 2019, 11:24am
So Forest Green Rovers, named the greenest football club in the world have their kit made from bamboo.

This is the latest eco-friendly initiative from the club.

"We've taken inspiration from nature with our new kit - from the zebra stripes to the sustainable materials," chairman Dale Vince said.

This will devastate the word panda population starving them to extinction. Not so inspirational or eco-friendly.
Bamboo  has an unrivalled capacity to capture carbon. Well leave it in the bloody ground then, it wont do any Carbon capture in those shirts.
:X ;D ;)
Posted by: Mallyner, July 10, 2019, 11:30am; Reply: 1
Hopefully we will give them some good canings.  :)
Posted by: RoboCod, July 10, 2019, 11:31am; Reply: 2
Sounds very uncomfortable to me.
Posted by: Welwynmariner, July 10, 2019, 11:46am; Reply: 3
Quoted from 140067
So Forest Green Rovers, named the greenest football club in the world have their kit made from bamboo.

This is the latest eco-friendly initiative from the club.

"We've taken inspiration from nature with our new kit - from the zebra stripes to the sustainable materials," chairman Dale Vince said.

This will devastate the word panda population starving them to extinction. Not so inspirational or eco-friendly.
Bamboo  has an unrivalled capacity to capture carbon. Well leave it in the bloody ground then, it wont do any Carbon capture in those shirts.
:X ;D ;)

Bamboo is far more eco-friendly than cotton or polyester. It grows so quickly that it can easily be replaced.

I have some bamboo clothing and it's very light and comfortable. There are so few pandas left in the wild that  it won't have any effect
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), July 10, 2019, 11:54am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Welwynmariner

Bamboo is far more eco-friendly than cotton or polyester. It grows so quickly that it can easily be replaced.

I have some bamboo clothing and it's very light and comfortable. There are so few pandas left in the wild that  it won't have any effect

Oh, thanks for the info, wont be so quick to make assumptions in future.(oops)(fishfish))(wallbash)(wallbash)
Posted by: hheh2, July 10, 2019, 12:03pm; Reply: 5
Deforest Green Rovers
Posted by: Maringer, July 10, 2019, 12:24pm; Reply: 6
Bamboo clothing is a bit of an eco-scam, however. It's effectively viscose and the material is no different whether the viscose is made from wood or bamboo. Still needs to be processed with nasty toxic chemicals to produce the fibres so not as 'green' as people might think.

I suppose it is a bit 'greener' than the stuff made from wood as bamboo grows so quickly, but I wouldn't imagine it is greener than, say, organic cotton. Would probably be better for the environment if the kit was a polycotton blend instead.
Posted by: Saudimariner, July 10, 2019, 1:48pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from hheh2
Deforest Green Rovers

Wasn't he "Bones" in Star Trek?
Posted by: Harry Haddock, July 10, 2019, 2:17pm; Reply: 8
I cant see 20 odd bamboo shirts making much of a difference TBH
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), July 10, 2019, 3:50pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Harry Haddock
I cant see 20 odd bamboo shirts making much of a difference TBH

FFS  it was tongue in cheek. Are you so anal or what?
You must have a degree in stating the bleeding obvious. Smart behind.
Posted by: speedy, July 10, 2019, 4:12pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from 140067

FFS  it was tongue in cheek. Are you so anal or what?
You must have a degree in stating the bleeding obvious. Smart behind.

Just curious out of all the posts why did you choose this one to spit your dummy out?  ;D ;D
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), July 10, 2019, 5:13pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from speedy

Just curious out of all the posts why did you choose this one to spit your dummy out?  ;D ;D

Do you really need a reply. The inference is I don't understand and have the intelligence of amoeba
Posted by: Harry Haddock, July 10, 2019, 11:28pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from speedy

Looks like his medication ran out at that point   ;D ;D ;D
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 11:46am