Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 2, 2019, 3:15pm
Okay, to give everyone plenty of time I am going to get The Icenian Prediction League entries up and running again,. There was some discussion as to whether we should charge for this, this season but the best suggestion has been to make it optional, so I will charge £5 for those who wish to pay but you can still enter for free.

When we get to kick-off time for the league I will see how many entries have been paid and if it's not going to be worthwhile prize wise I will refund those who paid.

So, rules are exactly the same as always (if not sure just ask). We will kick off with games starting on Saturday 3rd August. The league stage will run for 12 weeks and then the top 16 in the league will enter the knockout stages, which will be played on a 1 to 1 basis.

I will assume that those that finished the last season who I have listed below will be entering again, but if your name is there and you don't want to enter then let me now.

For those that wish to pay their £5 with the prospect of a prize for the league stage winner and the overall winner then send your fiver via Paypal to lesbrechin@hotmail.com or via bank transfer (usual details, if you don't know them PM me).

Those who finished the last season are listed below but if you didn't take part last season but want to this then just post your interest on this thread.

IPSWIN, PONNY FAN, MONKEYBOY, GRANTHAM MARINER, GARY ELTON, TODMORDEN MARINER, POSH HARRY , MIGHTY MARINER, WIZBIT, THEVERA, CMACKENZIE, RICHARD, IVANOSANDWICH, ABDUL19, TAGG, LUKEO, TWO LEFT FEET, FISHOUTOFWATER, GRIMSBY PETE, GOBBY, SONIK, WOZOFGRIMSBY, VINNO69, WILLESDEN MARINER, HAGRID, GTFC JACK, TRAD JAZZ, CRUSTY OLE PIE, CIVVY AT LAST
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 3, 2019, 12:58pm; Reply: 1
Anybody else. apart from those listed above interested in joining in next season?
Posted by: Bignic69, July 3, 2019, 1:05pm; Reply: 2
What are the rules please Les?
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 3, 2019, 1:09pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Bignic69
What are the rules please Les?

I post 6 fixtures each week and you must predict the correct score. If you get the score spot on then you earn 3 points. If you get the result correct (ie home, away of draw) but not the correct score you earn 1 point. You can also "Nap" one fixture each week that you are most confident of and any points scored in that game will be doubled. You also post the total of goals predicted in all 6 games and if you get the total spot on then you earn 2 bonus points and 1 bonus point for being 1 out either way.
Posted by: Bignic69, July 3, 2019, 1:34pm; Reply: 4
Sounds good to me, count me in.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 3, 2019, 1:44pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Bignic69
Sounds good to me, count me in.

Okay, doesn't start until 1st week of August so will PM you a reminder the week before.
Posted by: Mallyner, July 6, 2019, 9:07am; Reply: 6
I haven't done it before Les and I wondered what it was all about, but now you have explained the rules, it sounds fun. So if there is space for me, I would like to have a go.

I am happy to pay.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 6, 2019, 9:35am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Mallyner
I haven't done it before Les and I wondered what it was all about, but now you have explained the rules, it sounds fun. So if there is space for me, I would like to have a go.

I am happy to pay.

Yeah, no problem. If you wish to pay it's a fiver to lesbrechin@hotmail.com or via bank transfer but you can play for free if you wish, just that there would be no prize at the end (bar the honour of winning such a prestigious competition).

First games will be on Saturday 3rd of August but I always post the fixtures a week before to give people plenty of time to get their predictions in.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 11, 2019, 10:24am; Reply: 8
Just a quick reminder on this. Still some places for anyone else who wants to join in.

At the minute, going from the replies I have had to my PM's it seems a 50/50 split with those who are going to pay the fiver and those who still want to play for free, and just a reminder to those who said that they would be willing to pay, to make sure I receive your fiver before the start of the competition.
Posted by: Ipswin, July 11, 2019, 10:57am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Les Brechin
Just a quick reminder on this. Still some places for anyone else who wants to join in.

At the minute, going from the replies I have had to my PM's it seems a 50/50 split with those who are going to pay the fiver and those who still want to play for free, and just a reminder to those who said that they would be willing to pay, to make sure I receive your fiver before the start of the competition.

Just sent my fiver Les

Posted by: Les Brechin, July 11, 2019, 1:43pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Ipswin

Just sent my fiver Les

Received, cheers.
Posted by: lukeo, July 20, 2019, 7:56pm; Reply: 11
I've sent £5 over les for the prediction league. It says it'll transfer over on Monday
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 26, 2019, 9:19am; Reply: 12
I'll be posting the first fixtures to predict over the weekend.

There were a few people who said that they would maybe pay the fiver to enter but I can't see that I've had the entry fee yet.

If you did say that you might pay then could you let me have your entry money asap please, so that I know exactly how many people have paid and how much prize money I have.

Thanks

Les

UTM,
Posted by: Richard, July 26, 2019, 7:28pm; Reply: 13
just sent les UTM
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 1, 2019, 3:00pm; Reply: 14
First week fixtures to predict now posted as a "sticky" thread.

There are still a couple of people who said that they were willing to pay who haven't yet so I will give them until Saturday before I announce how much I have taken and the prizes up for grabs.

Anyone can join in but don't forget that the league stage lasts for 12 weeks so only enter if you are willing to stay the course. If can be free entry or if you want to be in with the chance of a monetary prize then you can pay a fiver via Paypal to lesbrechin@hotmail.com

Good luck to all.
Print page generated: April 16, 2024, 8:56am