Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 1, 2019, 1:58pm
The game will now K.O.  at 1.00pm because of the Humberside Police request
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, July 1, 2019, 1:59pm; Reply: 1
Where is that guy, FFS when you need him?

What a shock! Why not just make all our games behind closed doors while you are at it Blunderside Police force?
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, July 1, 2019, 2:26pm; Reply: 2
If sky want it to be 5pm and Blunderside Police want 1pm. Who would win?

Anyway has anyone proved that those who are likely to cause trouble are less likely to do at 1pm than 3pm. Drink or no drink people who want to cause trouble will.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, July 1, 2019, 2:31pm; Reply: 3
Stupid, stupid, stupid...let's face it, the comforts will probably come down Friday night and invade Meggie's, more chance of aggro there than at the game...what's the police gonna do about that?...close all the bars, put in street cordons and search every car asking for ID then turning every one back who dares to venture in from Bratford šŸ¤”šŸ¤”
Posted by: Civvy at last, July 1, 2019, 2:35pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
If sky want it to be 5pm and Blunderside Police want 1pm. Who would win?

Anyway has anyone proved that those who are likely to cause trouble are less likely to do at 1pm than 3pm. Drink or no drink people who want to cause trouble will.

Those that are intent on having a punch up will (as you say) invariably have one. However, the ā€˜sheepā€™ that get drawn into such matters are far more likely to follow with a belly full of beer.
It also helps to prevent several hundred of our Yorkshire Brethren wandering around Meggies for 2-3 hours before the game. I prefer 3 Oā€™clock kick offs, but understand why occasionally they get brought forward.
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, July 1, 2019, 2:37pm; Reply: 5
No doubt the Police will claim it is based on intelligence they have. Ironic to say the least...

Posted by: Madeleymariner, July 1, 2019, 3:34pm; Reply: 6
Trouble is it stops me fitting in Steels for luinch when I get there :o
Posted by: jock dock tower, July 1, 2019, 4:30pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Stupid, stupid, stupid...let's face it, the comforts will probably come down Friday night and invade Meggie's, more chance of aggro there than at the game...what's the police gonna do about that?...close all the bars, put in street cordons and search every car asking for ID then turning every one back who dares to venture in from Bratford šŸ¤”šŸ¤”

They'll probably say "no outside seats"

Posted by: Gaffer58, July 1, 2019, 5:34pm; Reply: 8
So if we get a new owner and another 2/3 class players, suddenly the away following at Morcombe could be 1500, will Lancs police insist on a 1pm kick off also.
Posted by: arryarryarry, July 1, 2019, 7:09pm; Reply: 9
And Bradford fans are happy and can't wait to arrive at such a wonderful resort as Cleethorpes. ;)

https://bantamtalk.com/index.php?threads/grimsby-ko-brought-forward.2693/
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, July 2, 2019, 6:46am; Reply: 10
Quoted from arryarryarry
And Bradford fans are happy and can't wait to arrive at such a wonderful resort as Cleethorpes. ;)

https://bantamtalk.com/index.php?threads/grimsby-ko-brought-forward.2693/

Having been to watch town play at Bradford and worked there a few times I find it amazing their calling cleethorpes a shithole šŸ˜³
Posted by: queenybantam07, July 3, 2019, 10:22am; Reply: 11
Looking forward to this fixture, it should be a cracker.

What allocation can we expect to receive? I imagine tickets will be quickly snapped up.
Posted by: arryarryarry, July 3, 2019, 10:25am; Reply: 12
Quoted from queenybantam07
Looking forward to this fixture, it should be a cracker.

What allocation can we expect to receive? I imagine tickets will be quickly snapped up.

The away allocation is usually a maximum of approx 1,900 in the Osmond Stand, there is no other area away fans can be housed.
Posted by: You stripes UTM, July 3, 2019, 10:37am; Reply: 13
First home game, possibly/likely taken over by then, few more decent signings and a first game win away at Morecambe I would say close to a sell out.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, July 3, 2019, 6:41pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Having been to watch town play at Bradford and worked there a few times I find it amazing their calling cleethorpes a shithole šŸ˜³

This is true - I live 6 miles from Bradford and I haven't been there in about 3 years, complete dump
Posted by: psgmariner, July 3, 2019, 7:26pm; Reply: 15
Bradford like Grimsby has nice bits and horrible bits. Having lived in a BD postcode for a few years I know tonnes of great places round there. Bradford fans are generally sound as well - much more palatable than Leeds fans.
Posted by: Cod Cheeks, July 3, 2019, 8:25pm; Reply: 16
Does anyone know what mcmenemies will offer as a pre match meal now the time of ko has been brought forward?
Was gonna book my family in fo F and C
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, July 3, 2019, 8:38pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Cod Cheeks
Does anyone know what mcmenemies will offer as a pre match meal now the time of ko has been brought forward?

Breakfast roll?
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, July 3, 2019, 9:23pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Cod Cheeks

Kippers  ;D ;D ;D

Posted by: FishOutOfWater, July 19, 2019, 8:01pm; Reply: 19
Canā€™t see anything elsewhere but following on from the Bradford kickoff time being changed, Iā€™ve just heard on RH that the game tomorrow is a noon kick off. WTF?!?

Probably rules me out to be honest but I have to ask why the charge?

Iā€™m assuming itā€™s been given this slot on police instructions?

Do they seriously think itā€™ll be that much of a risk to start at the usual 3-00 PM?
Posted by: psgmariner, July 19, 2019, 8:03pm; Reply: 20
Sheffield United trouble seems the obvious reason why.
Posted by: livosnose, July 19, 2019, 8:20pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from psgmariner
Bradford like Grimsby has nice bits and horrible bits. Having lived in a BD postcode for a few years I know tonnes of great places round there. Bradford fans are generally sound as well - much more palatable than Leeds fans.

Agreed.
Posted by: livosnose, July 19, 2019, 8:23pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from horsforthmariner

This is true - I live 6 miles from Bradford and I haven't been there in about 3 years, complete dump

Thatā€™s classic Leeds that . Ever been to Gipton , Seacroft , Harehills , Morley , Burmantofts, Wortley , Armley ?
Posted by: Stadium, July 19, 2019, 9:07pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Canā€™t see anything elsewhere but following on from the Bradford kickoff time being changed, Iā€™ve just heard on RH that the game tomorrow is a noon kick off. WTF?!?

Probably rules me out to be honest but I have to ask why the charge?

Iā€™m assuming itā€™s been given this slot on police instructions?

Do they seriously think itā€™ll be that much of a risk to start at the usual 3-00 PM?

Midday KO was decided weeks ago.
Pretty obvious after previous issues.

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/-201920-pre-season-fixtures-announced/

Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, July 19, 2019, 9:27pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Stadium

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/-201920-pre-season-fixtures-announced/

Has there been trouble with Donny in the past? I suppose this is based on the Sheffield United game.
Posted by: Abdul19, July 19, 2019, 10:46pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90

Has there been trouble with Donny in the past?

Des Hamilton had a right tear up with their top boys in 2003
Posted by: ska face, July 20, 2019, 8:48am; Reply: 26
Quoted from Stadium

You are Nick Dale and I claim my Ā£100.

Is anyone at BP or Humberside Police likely to look at these ā€œprevious issuesā€ truthfully? There was one incident which was pretty much unprecedented - the telegraph made a point about how it was the worst incident seen since Leeds came in the early 80s - and 30 people were banned as a result & received (suspended) prison sentences.

A few years earlier we played Sheffield Wednesday in near identical circumstances, at 3pm on a sunny Saturday in mid-July, and absolutely nothing happened. Why is that not used as a reference point by which games should be judged & managed?

Iā€™m sick & tired of ALL fans being treated like untrustworthy liabilities when we all know thatā€™s not the case. Say what you like about ā€œitā€™s just moving kick off 2 hoursā€ but thatā€™s happened how many times in the last 4,5 years? Mansfield twice a season, Lincoln twice a season, Doncaster, scunny, Bradford, even Donny in a friendly moved to midday now ffs. All-ticket matches and reduced allocations every other week, pushed around by jumped up police and assaulted by stewards. Itā€™s the thin end of the wedge accepting this treatment and itā€™s disgusting thereā€™s nobody prepared to stand up and speak out on behalf of fans.

Boils my urine.  
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, July 20, 2019, 9:04am; Reply: 27
[quote=213]

Is anyone at BP or Humberside Police likely to look at these ā€œprevious issuesā€ truthfully? There was one incident which was pretty much unprecedented - the telegraph made a point about how it was the worst incident seen since Leeds came in the early 80s - and 30 people were banned as a result & received (suspended) prison sentences.

A few years earlier we played Sheffield Wednesday in near identical circumstances, at 3pm on a sunny Saturday in mid-July, and absolutely nothing happened. Why is that not used as a reference point by which games should be judged & managed?

We did play Sheffield wed and their was plenty of aggro before the game and some during the game outside bp, your comment is simply untrue not having a go just stating facts

Posted by: Stadium, July 20, 2019, 9:19am; Reply: 28
Quoted from ska face

Iā€™m sick & tired of ALL fans being treated like untrustworthy liabilities when we all know thatā€™s not the case. Say what you like about ā€œitā€™s just moving kick off 2 hoursā€ but thatā€™s happened how many times in the last 4,5 years? Mansfield twice a season, Lincoln twice a season, Doncaster, scunny, Bradford, even Donny in a friendly moved to midday now ffs. All-ticket matches and reduced allocations every other week, pushed around by jumped up police and assaulted by stewards. Itā€™s the thin end of the wedge accepting this treatment and itā€™s disgusting thereā€™s nobody prepared to stand up and speak out on behalf of fans.

Boils my urine.  

The question asked was around the timing of the fixture been moved.
The reason why is more than likely police advice after the Sheffield Utd fiasco.
If you think fans are even considered in this age of football or their options taken on board regarding KO times  you are sorely mistaken.
Just look at the farcial fa cup KO time at Palace last season denying fans rail travel as one example.
Unfortunately in this country we have no history of fan protests which pressurises the authorities to change this.
Unlike Germany.

https://m.dw.com/en/bundesliga-monday-games-to-be-discontinued-as-fan-protests-persist/a-46390559-0

Posted by: FishOutOfWater, July 20, 2019, 12:51pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Stadium

The question asked was around the timing of the fixture been moved.
The reason why is more than likely police advice after the Sheffield Utd fiasco.
If you think fans are even considered in this age of football or their options taken on board regarding KO times  you are sorely mistaken.
Just look at the farcial fa cup KO time at Palace last season denying fans rail travel as one example.
Unfortunately in this country we have no history of fan protests which pressurises the authorities to change this.
Unlike Germany.

https://m.dw.com/en/bundesliga-monday-games-to-be-discontinued-as-fan-protests-persist/a-46390559-0

To use your one example, surely the Palace kickoff time was decided by the game being on TV

Had it been a police decision surely it would have been an early start to deter the travelling fans any real chance of causing any pre-match trouble

Funny how we had so many fans going there, with our so-called ā€œreputationā€ and the Met Police were fine with the game start time, yet today with just a fraction of that crowd, people had to be in the ground on a Saturday morning to see this game, with nothing at all at stake, kick off at noon. šŸ™„
Posted by: Stadium, July 20, 2019, 1:12pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

To use your one example, surely the Palace kickoff time was decided by the game being on TV

Had it been a police decision surely it would have been an early start to deter the travelling fans any real chance of causing any pre-match trouble

Funny how we had so many fans going there, with our so-called ā€œreputationā€ and the Met Police were fine with the game start time, yet today with just a fraction of that crowd, people had to be in the ground on a Saturday morning to see this game, with nothing at all at stake, kick off at noon. šŸ™„

The palace game was an example of a fixture kick off time been altered without any thought for travelling fans.
I presume the club is under obligation to play when the FA decide.
The palace game wasn't high risk,the Met had other games to consider that day.
My general point is that fixture KO's times will be continue to be changed whatever the fans opinion is.
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 10:11pm